Rochester NY - outdoor stadium show

Teacher Matt

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

u (Mason I think - still can't figure out how to reply to specific quote like I used 2) r to much. no sarcasm in that 80's comment.

How can you tell? I didn't see any emojis.....

I knew/know.  and its probably my bad again because I don't pay enough attention to who's who.  I DO KNOW it's either u or him that speaks of his dancing like you get "it" and nobody else could possibly come close to your understanding of deadness. 

• Forum MVP

I knew/know. and its probably my bad again because I don't pay enough attention to who's who. I DO KNOW it's either u or him that speaks of his dancing like you get "it" and nobody else could possibly come close to your understanding of deadness.

Nobody gets it quite like you, Ducats

• Forum MVP

I make very light hearted comments about being a great dancer - one of the best at many of the shows I attend. Those comments are said in jest but there's always some truth to it. I struggle with ego and arrogance issues. I have since I was child. To this day, I continue to work on these issues and awknowledge them as a character flaw. Many around here can attest to my genorisity, kindness, and compassion that I've shared for other heads and complete strangers. I also admit that some of the very same flaws that I see in some members of the Santa Cruz dance community I have myself. I am far from a perfect person and can be very standoffish to a noob even though we were all noobs once. I think the phrase is deader than thou. The reason I believe I get "it" whatever the fuck that means is I have listened to my elders. Mom and dad first and foremost and many members of the DSO and greater dead community. Through interactions with those who get "it" far greater than I, I have strived to set an example for my generation of heads. I've relentlessly sought out this music. I listen to each note with reverence and respect and realize when I fail to do this and feel bad about the possibility I could have detracted from someone's show. I dance. It helps me engage in the show. I show kindness to everyone I meet. I've learned how to party without over becoming a burden on others or getting sick. I don't destory the ground I walk on. There's so much more to this life I've yet to learn or get and maybe someday ducts we can sit and have a drink or tea whatever your poison and you can help me further get it. I'm learning from everyone I interact with these days. I'm also striving not to put up any ego driven comments up here anymore. They do represent a part or who I am but they do not represent a part of me that I want to show to anyone but my friends. My friends know not to take me too serious and help ground me when needed. One thing is for sure. Many people on these boards know me and I doubt many have anything bad to say bout me. I've put my face behind my words and I am at least willing to stand by them.

Sorry for long explanation guys. See ya in Atlanta. I think duty calls. Have to grab some friends at airport.

Archived