What's up with these Philzoners?

TheorangeoneakaOG

• Forum MVP

I'm confused by them too.  If I was a PZer looking for a new home, this very well could be the place.  I would transition seamlessly and learn how this board works.  Even if I later exposed myself as a disgruntled or cast away zoner, I'm sure I would have made nice and followed the proper forum etiquette to make me at the minimum tolerated around here.  Unfortunately, many of those joining have chose not to join this board in this manner and thus, taper ron has been heavy handed as I am sure many of the elders have not appreciated the lack of tact that these newcomers are exhibiting.  

I'm all about the more the merrier, but generally prefer that posts have substance to them even if we are just debating college football or talking about the upcoming John Meyer is Dead shows.  I'm sure with more voices that cared even in the littlest bit we could have even better conversation here than we do already.   

By the way, I believe Dino handles more of the Billy like percussion and Koritz handles more of the Mickey like percussion but I don't believe they pigeonhole themselves in that way.  I don't think this is an inner circle secret as the information is stated on Wikipedia.  I would love to have Dino or RK stop by to shed light on this issue.  I doubt they will choose to assert themselves to much on these threads but I could always be wrong.  I know certain member(s) of DSO are certainly no stranger to the zone and some of its members.  

• Forum MVP

That statement has a lot of judgement contained in it. What does it matter to anyone but the two people ?

It is similar to the fact that you are alone, a unique and particular expression of the whole. You may have a lot of similar qualities with another but you are still unique and therefore a single expression of consciousness, however bright or dim.

• Forum MVP

There are some awesome Zoners too - Just ask Vort :)

That place is fine for some folks but it vibe just doesn't work well here.  Our pace is slower, the sensibility is much kinder, and we keep the interpersonal drama off the inter-webs.  I like lurking over there from time-to-time but there is a whole lotta debris to wade through to get to the good stuff.  I just don't have the time to find it :)

• Forum MVP

PG, we have been through this with them several times over the years, to include infestations from Zippy of infamous memory, and other incursions going back to previous iterations of our board. The hardcore trolls get themselves banned at PZ (God only knows what it takes to make that hall of fame there) so they and their fellow travelers flock to other sites. It isn't just us although our kindness here makes us look like easy pickings at first glance. Kirley and his merry band put on a show at jam base and have slimed other boards as well.

It is cyclical and I think it has value as comic relief, especially once the hammer comes down.

whoa PG stick to your initial gut reaction.  another piece of shit WE can do without I'm sure. If he/she just happened to join at the same time these other 100% COMPLETE ASSHOLE LOW LIFES THAT OBVIOUSLY WILL NEVER HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THE GRATEFUL DEAD/MUSIC SCENE WAS/IS ABOUT then let her/him be a member, read some posts FOR A WHILE then chime in. His first post is judging some other site - a site that appears to have something to do with the bad vibes spread around here in the last week?

u guys/gals should stop reading/replying/engaging any of the losers asap

• Forum MVP

I am confused. In one breath you have been reading this forum for a long time and in the next had heard great things. Wouldn't you know the place if you have been here a while ? I just responded that you can't undermine the love with a negative post. I avoid negative people in my daily life. It wasn't a regular who even started this thread which I think is a ridiculous thread. I don't compare or compete ..... except with myself. That is a noble thing to do. Compete with yourself, not others.

• Forum MVP

This forum def gets u bashed. My Dallas cowboys are being constantly bashed. Sec football is bashed. Trey was being bashed. I bash my own braves as they aren't worth anyone's keystrokes. And worst of all the great Dead and company guitarist John Mayer gets bashed. Ducats tends to bash as well as getting bashed. I get bashed when elitists think a show I thought was great, "wasn't great". But the bashing is mostly all in good fun. But be careful. PG has a sharp tongue and most here are afraid to defy her.

Archived