Eating Crow Thread !

Dstone5553

• Forum MVP

Hello fine, upstanding people of the DSO Forums!  Dstone5553 here coming in to give out some love as well as to admit some defeat.

A few years ago (I can't even remember how many), I was talking about a Weir interview in which the interviewer asked him if he was going to be doing anything new on the horizon.  To which he responded he was thinking about doing a record of country music.

I made the argument that Weir wasn't thrilled with the question and threw out an answer as a kind of friendly 'fuck you' to the interviewer, whose question seemed a bit challenging to me at the time.

I even asked him about it one night at Terrapin and he said he was going to get around to it, which I interpreted as him blowing me off.

Anywhoo...lo and behold, as all of you probably know by now, he's coming out with his 'cowboy record.'

I have no idea who told me my interpretation was all kinds of stupid at the time but I'm here to tell that person or persons they were 100% right and I was 100% wrong.

When I first read of this record a few weeks ago, this was the first thing I thought of, and you should all know that I blushed a little on the inside.

My bad whatever good star head it was who tried to talk some sense into me when I wouldn't listen.

Apologies. 

I'm just glad I didn't try to bet some money on it cause I recall being pretty sure I was right at the time!

Love to all star heads! You guys are the best of the bunch.  Hope to see some of you soon at Terrapin or GAMH or the like!

-David

• Forum MVP

First of all, FWIW, I doubt many remember that bold yet erroneous statement. Second, you are a GD adept and a gentlemen. Third, if you feel the need to atone, how about sharing some new pictures of that little angel you all are raising?

• Forum MVP

Stranger things happen. I'm pretty sure if you'd have told me five years ago that 3 of the core 4 would join up with john Mayer for a tour id have laughed in your face and then bet my balls you were full of shit. I'd have to eat crow while singing like a lady

• Forum MVP

how about sharing some new pictures of that little angel you all are raising?

Mr Vegas!  Oh man...way, way too long since I was in the presence of your positive molecules!  No idea if you ever get out here to see any DSO shows these days (hope you aren't working as hard as I remember you working!), but it'd be all kinds of awesome to see you again--same goes for tons of you guys and gals whom I haven't seen in so freaking long.

Here are some pics--not doing as good a job taking these things recently but this is a good snapshot of the best thing who's ever been. 

There's joy in the house every single day--how could anyone want more than that?

Love you guys...

Morning time (the best time, along with evening time and weekend time).

K_DSC_0035_zpshwkw3djn.jpg

Dress up time

emmy1_zpsmf48ooto.jpg

Preschool time!

K_8_MNTS-JC-1860_zpsobklphiv.jpg

Awake time for some, sleep time for others:

K_DSC_0238.jpg_edited_zpskgzpmtom.jpg

:) :)

• Forum MVP

I really should see the movie. I don't think I can join the do no wrong movement. Bobby and the pocket 2 made the wrong choice for us fans in terms of scene with Mayer. I think the music be wrong too but we shall see. I think even without the movie bobby has more than earned his right to do as he pleased. A right we all fundamentally have but fail to exercise and most of all, fail to earn. It just God given. All that being said, free will provides all of us with the opportunity to fall on our face. Bobby no stranger to that.

I think cowboy tunes will be a good album. I want one.

Oh ya to bring this full circle. Dstone in a,very mild and harmless matter has fallen on his face. Thus the eating crow thread

Archived