dead & company tour

gtodeadhead

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Friday everybody!!!

I tried for tickets today for St. Louis show---- no pit seats  so didn't buy------ going to use your idea Mason's Child and wait----- been looking at other venues whose tickets have been on sale for a few days and you can still get good seats. Must say though been watching some youtube of John Mayer W/ "Phil & Friends" and he sounds pretty darn good!!!  

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

I plan to catch a show or two. I am sure the band will transform Mayer's and each other's playing the way they always have been transformative in their playing, searching for what is becoming as it dances just outside the reach of ownership, the way they transform the crowd through the music and lyrics. I have faith in the creative process in an open heart. 

And Mickey Hart is playing !!  

• Forum MVP

Looks like I have no choice but drive to Ohio with Michigan tags during college football season. Teacher Matt can back me on this, people go nuts with the MI/OH reverie and will vandalize your car.

Car flags - if you can stomach it.

• Forum MVP

For those of you who are curious...

Dead & Co
10/29/15
Albany, NY

First Set:
playin
cold rain and snow
ten jed
stranger
he's gone
bird song
minglewood
music never stopped

Second Set:
Lost>Saint
Help>Slip>Frank,
Drumz,
Other One,
Stella Blue,
Not Fade Away

E: Touch of Gray

1026497.jpg

Reviews are all over the place. They didn't wet the bed but I'm not sure there was face-melting either. 
Take away: Better than expected - which is promising since this was first one.  The tempo is rreeeaalllyyy ssslloooww on a few offerings.
Have fun if you go!

• Forum MVP

I can't even claim to be that interested.  My flight gets into Philly Thursday the 5th around 4 PM.  I should be headed right to the venue and instead think I'm headed to a buddies to watch Thursday night football.  I just can't make myself care that much about this band.  Glad it went well.  Maybe I'll give it a listen and it will inspire me.

• Forum MVP

I'm with Mason's (although I'd do a cheesesteak detour on the way to Thursday Night Football).

Tea, regarding your comment on the tempo - modern era Weir driven tempos can be simply brutal.  And with him undoubtedly singing the likes of Stella Blue that's a big no thank you.

• Forum MVP

I plan taking in 2 shows – my backyard Philly, MC I encourage, and 11/7 in NY – my friend won 1 of those 2-free ticket giveaways.

My primary reason is because I love to be surrounded by the faithful – even if it’s not quite Jehovah’s favorite choir.

I believe Mayer is… well I was about to say dead-head, but he certainly appears to enjoy. His timeline and intro to Bobby doesn’t follow some path that would seem make him out to be broadening his fame – as if hooking up with some old hippies is in anyone's “How to be Popular” playbook.

Mayer says he got on board the bus with Althea – not Truckin, or Good Lovin, something a pretender would say…Althea, respectable. Cassidy for me BTW.

Damn I guess I didn't win those free tickets if people are getting notified by now, but I am very excited to be going to the garden tonight and see what Mayer can do. And tomorow the capitol should be amazing that Phil is busting out a show from 11/1/85, I'm also gonna see the nov. 5th show at the cap the setlist for that looks amaaaaaaazing also. Gonna be a great week!!!

I didn't know what to expect...but from the first notes of jack straw I knew I was in for something special..Mayer is into this bigtime, browned eyed and deal got me ready for what was to come...second set was perfection. Blast off with truckin into wang!!! Yes yes yes!! estimated eyes terrapin...I was standing with people who l

Oops sorry... I was with people who had seen jerry manyyyy times and they said Mayer was spot on and sounded great, I agreed and that dude can jam out, bobby sounded great and he had john molding perfectly with him, Mickey and bill threw it down all night and oteil and Jeff we're simply amazing, oteil had a huge smile and spanked that bass with such joy..love how Jeff plays, so sweet... I only wish of seeing Brent tho.. is Jeff playing on Brent's keys?? He was in FTW... this show was so good and if anyone had any doubt of what was to come of this group, it was worth every dollar. $$$...On my way to the capitol tomorow to see phillllllllll and phriendssssss...what a night what a show...wow

• Forum MVP

MSG > Halloween

Jack Straw (Bob/John)

New Speedway Boogie (Bob?)

Brown Eyed Women (John)

Ramble On Rose (Bob)

Althea (John)

Cassidy (Bob)

Deal (John)

set 2

Truckin' (Bob) >

Wang Dang Doodle (Bob) >

Truckin' >

Estimated Prophet (Bob) >

Eyes of the World (Bob) >

Terrapin Station (Bob/John) >

Drums >

Space >

China Cat > Rider

Dew

Saturday Night

Werewolves

Reviews were good overall! Mayer really getting into it - drummers actually showed up tonight .

Mayer will always be a Delta Bravo but I'm glad people are having fun.

• Forum MVP

"The pivotal moment arrived two songs before the end of the show, with the opening notes of "Morning Dew." The nuclear-fallout song wasn't merely a regular part of the Dead's set but also a showcase for Garcia. Tonight, Weir sang Garcia's part, but it was Mayer who pushed it over the top, soloing in a way that not only egged on the band but made the song sound fresh again. Life after Garcia will never be the same, but moments like this lived up to at least one legacy of the Dead: the joy of the unexpected, left-field surprise."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/john-mayer-dead-company-rekindle-grateful-dead-flame-at-tight-msg-show-20151101#ixzz3qGReRWe1

Archived