Arcata

• Forum MVP

Whoa now....... I didn't take the setlist. I recently stopped writing for a while- well, cept for these review things.

So- from what has been replaying in my head all night:

The birdsong was soaringly epic. They shredded those acoustical contraptions!! The Cassidy blew my mind.

Operator seemed to get the local college kids confused cause they came to party and this party was maybe a tad too silly for some- we had to leave the back where we could dance (all seated no dancing venue) but the kids blew up our spot- we searched and found a sexy back corner on the floor where a wheelchair could go but wasn't- felt like a cool nightclub dancing spot! So fun with so much space!

The dark hallow really made me swoon- I am really feeling the good life where the sun don't ever shine! Jackaroe was amazing and we got down so hard- they do things during these acoustic shows that my ears can barely comprehend!!!

The monkey got the engineer all excited and we spinned in silly circles with friends.

Weather report was sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!! Gorgeous and sparkling! Eaton nailed it!

Venue was epic- they let me set up a whole scene where I had patches on a tapestry and was handing out bracelets and candy to all the kids and we all got our space sewn up real tight and together for the show- just exactly perfect!

Lisa did chimes of freedom and since my homie I met at my only gratefulfest (Jeffs first) is recently freed and I finally found him again I felt deeply extra joyous. I have never seen Lisa drop a lyric- and since she read the final flub after- she still didn't miss a verse! Moments like these are precious and I love screaming approval- crowd 1 / Lisa- 1,000s ;) we got her this time! ;)

Put your arms around me like a ring around the sun, won't u love me mama like my easy rider done?!!? After Kate and I spent all last CA tour singing this song when we hung out and I had it in my head the whole time in Hawaii so this was really really special! the dude I stayed w In Hawaii hated me for playing "daddy music" cause I kept playin this song all the time.... Well excuse me but fuck that guy- I'm stealin back to my same old used to be!!! We stayed up in our hotel room in Arcata trying to remember all the verses for hours the night bf the show- so thank you JEFF and everyone- we wanted this Stealin so bad and you really did deliver!!!! So sweet.

The china doll...... Oh my goodness- china doll. I felt like a lil broken doll that got all put back wrong then taken back apart and reassembled just right- gorgeous and perfect!

The makes no difference was set to make me cry but instead I realized:

It makes no difference.

But by Barracos solo at the end of it I was a giant teardrop though they didn't fall- it's hard when you just know the scar will always show and I just keep myself from telling you that I never felt so alone before- but as alone as I am since I am on the how-many-shows-can-we-see-In-a-row tour it seems I am always with family so I'm feeling all right....

The hobo song to close made me love this song in a whole new way!!! Sank so low, that's me. Done.

Oh yeah- there was a mighty fine big iron in there at the beginning.....

So- bad ordering and I don't care to exert the mental effort nor do I have an ego that needs to prove I was there by knowing the exact setlist- but above is what I can remember from a night w 6 kids in one bed as I lay awake praying that this music and all of us will flow til all the rivers all run dry..... Loving in her eyes....

Kiss kiss- I'm out! Ashland wang dang doodle me tonight!!!!

• Forum MVP

Set One: On The Road Again ; Dire Wolf ; Big Iron ; Dreadful Wind And Rain ; Operator ; You Ain't Women Enough (To Take My Man) ; Dark Hollow ; Big Boy Pete ; Let Me Sing Your Blues Away ; Monkey And The Engineer ; Bird Song > Till The Morning Comes

Set Two: Cassidy ; Stealin' ; It Makes No Difference ; Jack-A-Roe ; Chimes Of Freedom ; Weather Report Suite > Let It Grow > China Doll > Unbroken Chain > Ripple

Encore: The Hobo Song

• Forum MVP

2 songs I wasn't familiar with. Looks like 2nd time played for stealin and the hobo song.

Did the Dead or Jerry ever play it makes no difference? I love that song but after googling I can't seem to find that Jerry ever did that. Is that actually Can't come down or was it actually the Band song it makes no difference.

• Forum MVP

The band i believe. And im not sure butbi dont think thd dead played it. I got one at an actual summer Indy show at the vogue. Was supposed to be a '72 but turned into "original in yhe style of" 72 due to bus and eqipment issues. Loudest show ever. Checked my ears for blood during truckin. Also had a two souls only one i ever had.

• Forum MVP

Just curious. Was I the only one who wasn't familiar with stealin? I know there are some dead savants here but that was a 66 song and a rare one at that. I've actually started listening to some 66 after Gr8fulpair turned me on to Jerry's voice in hey little one and it's such a strange tone he uses, almost reminds me of singing in a holler somewhere. And there are actually some fantastic boards from that year to boot. http://relisten.net/grateful-dead makes it so easy to browse the early years.

• Forum MVP

Haha. Man some people really get caught up on getting it. I'm having fun. Hope you are too. I'm familiar with stealin but don't think that makes me special or anything always great to learn some new material the boys played. I'm sure others were in the dark on that one Rude.

• Forum MVP

I need to really listen to rare cuts and oddities as there are many on that I don't recognize. That real early dead isn't my cup of tea but DSO digs some of those out so I should be familiar. But ducats I don't feel any less of a deadhead b/c I don't force my way through tracks that are a style that the dead abandoned. Lots of that stuff is jug band or surfer type music and I'm not a huge fan of the 65/66 stuff.

• Forum MVP

Arlo guthrie was one of the only hippy type records my parents had. That and pearl by janis. Lot of beatles, old country, 1 CCR, 1led zep. Saw arlo in '97 maybe as he emcee'd the furthur fest. Ratdog, planet drum, black crows, maybe phil too not quite sure. Arlo played watchtower on ukelele as bob dylan.

• Forum MVP

The dreadful wind n rain was sooo cool! And I can't believe I forgot to mention woman enough!!! So freaking epic! Also, the sing your blues away was super perfect- one of my absolute favorites!!!! This is the show that keeps playing in my head and I don't usually get THAT into the acoustical affairs- but this was different! They really changed up what songs they are playing acoustic (for a minute a few years ago the acoustic shows sounded kinda all the same to me) and that is awesome.

Til the morning comes has been my theme song for a while and they really took me out where I could lose my tracks in the dark n snow. I am making myself easy. Mmmmm hmmmm.

Kiss kiss, see u tonight!

Archived