Dino, Rob, Jeff, Lisa, Rob, Skip, Rob, Crew, Family apprec thread!

gr8fulpair

• Forum MVP

I just want to thank you folks for doing what you do with such conviction and passion. It has filled a void in my life that completes my balance as a person. I love planning my years around DSO shows and the joy that accompanies. I'm sure I speak for many, but I'd love to hear their take.

• Forum MVP

DSO provides me all the vitamins and minerals I need to stay healthy, balanced and vibrant.

Thanks DSO !! :dsorocks::crewrocks:

Just did a jet airplane ride today in order to receive dosage of those said vitamins and minerals...important stuff to get in the system!

After the third song, it was clear that the plane ticket had paid for itself at that point and the rest would be bonus...

Thank you Band and Crew for doing what you do!!! 

About 3 weeks ago I was making my plans to fly out this past week for shows. I was checking with friends for pick up - drop off at airport and found great price for flights. While setting up itinerary I get a call from doctor saying they want to do a ct of aorta and heart :(  I cancelled my plans.

Yesterday I saw the thoracic surgeon, I have an aneurysm in the root and ascending aorta and a leaking valve. The rest of my heart looks great- no blockages etc. Dr says it's a good sized aneurysm but the aorta wall is not stretched too thin and valve is not leaking too much so we will follow up with another ct in 6 months- no surgery at this time  :)

Concerned about my limitations my FIRST question to the Dr was "I like to dance for hours to old school hippie music, is this ok". He laughed and said go ahead, it is good for me as long as I have no pain, shortness of breath etc. 

I then asked if I can surf fish for 12-14 hours at a time (Montauk is too far to only fish for a few hours) Got the ok.  

As an afterthought (probably because I would not follow his direction if he said no) was about sex. He laughed again and said all is good.

These events and this thread had me look at what activities are important in my life! 

See ya next month  :D  

• Forum MVP

These events and this thread had me look at what activities are important in my life! 

Brian, Good to hear that the medical staff gave you an OK to play. Enjoy life, dance, sing, and love. Usually these events are significantly better at keeping our bodies and spirt in good condition than the pills  "that mother gives you that don't do anything at all".

Our family has several of us older hippies that have bodies with parts that are slowly wearing out. We still like to dance and party at shows and could over extend our engery beyond the breaking point right in the middle of "Fire on the Mountain".  I hope all of you younger ones reconise this and keep an eye on us and lend a helping hand if its needed. When we look exhausted and just respond, "I'm Ok", we might be just trying to avoid the facts. Maybe we need encouragement to sit out a song or two to catch our breath.

Peace, Love, Hard Dancing, and a Long Life for All,

Doc

• Forum MVP

The rest of my heart looks great- no blockages etc. Dr says it's a good sized aneurysm but the aorta wall is not stretched too thin and valve is not leaking too much so we will follow up with another ct in 6 months- no surgery at this time  :)

See ya next month  :D  

Wow - We need you Brian!  I hope everything remains stable and am glad it's not imminent stuff.  If cross-training to this music is as good for your heart as it is for your soul, I'm sure it will sustain you!

It's been a wild ride for me!  I owe some of the most fun times of my life to this wonderful band and all the folks behind the scenes that make it happen night after night, tour after tour.  BIG props for making it your life's calling!  My life is much sweeter for this. :lol:   Some unbelievably awesome people here that I would not have had the pleasure of meeting had it not been for DSO re-kindling my love for what I thought was gone forever. 

I've never been a prolific DSO show-goer save for 2008-2009.  I've I got a family to raise and my work has never busier than it is right now so I'll have to remain mostly on the sidelines for the time being.  It's hard to take - but fighting it is even harder.  I know this:  When I get my chances, I'm gonna make every single second count.

:dsorocks:  :crewrocks:

Thanks DSO - for all that you are, and all that you do!

• Forum MVP

DSO provides me all the vitamins and minerals I need to stay healthy, balanced and vibrant.

Thanks DSO !! :dsorocks::crewrocks:

Just did a jet airplane ride today in order to receive dosage of those said vitamins and minerals...important stuff to get in the system!

After the third song, it was clear that the plane ticket had paid for itself at that point and the rest would be bonus...

Did your flight have pontoons on the plane to land on water? You do live on an island...

And Brian, keep doing what you love. When it's our time, it's our time. Have all the fun you can on the earth while you can. The meaning of life is to get all the enjoyment out of this life while you can. People that save every penny and have zero adventures are not living. Everyone on this board lives adventure. We smile we cry we explore, but no one can say we live a boring existence. I was also reading how travel is so much better for your mental state than things. You can relive travel and fun experiences over and over forever in your head and that gives us sanity in the dark times. Keep boogeying!!!!

Archived