Jubilee

oysterhead

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

There's a convenient store directly across the street that can resolve liquid needs or let me know and I'll gladly pick up basic shopping needs or better canned beer than the store likely provides. The east coast guys could grab u some Yuenglings if you want all day lager from the oldest American brewery or if you like good IPA, I can grab you a few good selections that are canned. Luckily many breweries are starting to can good beer. If you wharf rat the fest or don't drink or don't mind drinking Bud Light then disregard the above.

Disco pizza and other vendors can fulfill your food needs.

Since you are a from a west coast progressive state, you likely have more advanced food requirements. Your vegetarian meals, wheat grass with lemon peel smoothies, and free range, GMO free soy muffins will all be accessible through the several granola vendors. I'm going 100% vendor food this year unless Chris cooks breakfast ;).

• Forum MVP

what day and time into Cleveland ? ... so far the tentative plans is to go to Buffalo show on the 24th (my birthday) .. Rick will be there then to stay at my house outside Cleveland in Lorain the 25th and he is following the RV down with his CRV ..leave Cleveland at 12pm ish on the 26th

again I stress tentative ...Rick and or myself schedule subject to change.. we have not met but if Rick vouches for you all good on my end

• Forum MVP

I've been pulled into shows b/c of this forum and I can feel your excitement. I've never been let down by pulling the trigger on a flight to see this band!!!!! I've flown in to do 4 separate runs after getting peer pressure or self pressure. Guessing MC has probably flown in for 10x that or more. But then again he may fly in and do 10 shows so it might not be that high.

• Forum MVP

1st trip across the Mississippi. It had to be done sometime and jubilee seems to be the perfect excuse to get over your fear of big rivers. It's strange that the ocean may swallow you at any point in time but you have no fear of living on an island. Note that jubilee is on solid ground so it may take a day to get over the swaying of living on an island. Not sure if gravity is different too, but some research and experiments may be in order. It's 9.8 m/s2 at jubilee.

Feeling more at ease by the minute with you guys around...

Off to catch the sunset then gonna commit tonight

Look forward to communing in the heartland with you peeps

Truly the best peer pressure ever received

Looking forward to seeing you at jubilee Huck!

• Forum MVP

Thanks Brian...will be great to hang out in one place for a few days! Just pulled the trigger,,plane tix purchased. Actually Brian, you were the one who first planted a seed of hope in me for the Jubilee when we talked some months ago over the winter and you encouraged really scoping out various options and airlines etc. Thanks buddy!

I'm touched by the all the encouragement here,, but I gotta really hand it to my wife who is not a deadhead but is supportive of me taking off again on my own to get the music dose--I literally haven't even finished unpacking since being gone for over 5 days last weekend for dso shows and she is willing to roll with it for Memorial Day weekend. Of course, I used the rationale that I will not be heading to the Bay Area to see them in October since they won't be coming out west til next year so that was helpful,,,but still she is a real trooper!

Aside from the touchy feely stuff I am simply taking Rude's advice because it is true that the NW is overdue for a huge earthquake and tsunami and it could easily happen over that weekend so this could truly be a lifesaver...

Feel like I just scored a miracle to the promised land

• Forum MVP

The force of gravity is much higher than 9.8 m/s^2 at the epicenter of the rugs.

Smartphones need little 2's and 3's for 2nd and 3rd power. I actually was wondering how to write that properly on my phone. It's good to learn something everyday as well to have your memory refreshed about others. The refreshed part is that you don't want to put your drive in bad position day 4 of the masters.

Archived