Spring Tour West

PoetryGirl

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Looks like some folks will be having a helluva night in Berkley real soon. From Jambase:

Grateful Dead tribute act Dark Star Orchestra have taken the rare step of revealing which show will be re-created in advance of an upcoming appearance in California. The third night of the band’s three-show run at the UC Theatre in Berkeley on April 9 will find DSO paying tribute to the city by playing a show originally held in 1972 at the nearby Berkeley Community Theatre.

Dark Star Orchestra will perform the famed August 24, 1972 Grateful Dead show in its entirety a few street blocks away from where it originally went down. The Dead played a number of highlights during the third show of a four-night stand back in ‘72, laying out lengthy takes on “Bird Song” and “Playing In The Band” in the first set, while delighting listeners with a mighty “Truckin,’” “Dark Star” > “Morning Dew,” “Sugar Magnolia” sequence within the second set.

Tickets to the Dark Star Orchestra’s Spring Tour West, including the UC Theatre stand, are on sale now. Head here for more information and links to purchase tickets. Listen to the original Grateful Dead performance from August 24, 1972 at the Berekely Community Theatre here:

• Forum MVP

I was hoping to talk myself into boulder, but summer plans are coming along nicely and Boulder would really be pushing it. Looks like Chicago and Peoria are now a solid go. KC will have to be missed as we are driving to the beach for a week after Peoria, and KC is the opposite direction. There's now a possibility of Baltimore 4 weeks later then a 2nd visit to the beach to kill a few days b4 the Charlotte through Asheville stretch which is a definite go. Tonight discussing plans with the GF, she pretty much said screw her crappy part time job that wont let her off 4 months in advance and to bring on the summer plans b4 grad school starts. Of course with me making the adventure plans, they involve tour. It almost seems silly to plan a holiday if you don't at least time it with a show, right? Of course this conversation tonight was music to my ears.

• Forum MVP

I may ride chicago through denver. Definitely kc through denver. Jay through black mountain most if not all of them. May skip Brooklyn or Baltimore definitely not both. I would then like to Mercer and the long shot portland. I doubt I make portland and may even just start driving back to Colorado following Black Mountain. One night dewey is also a possibility.

• Forum MVP

Promised the folks and the gf we'd hit the beach that week. KC-Kure beach would be a hell drive on Sunday into Monday morning. Peoria to the beach is already like 14 hours.

• Forum MVP

Don't peer pressure me!!! I don't do well with it. I'm going to be firm on no KFC.

What do you mean no KFC?  What about the 11 herbs and spices?!?

mare_hot-bucket-1383642887.jpg

Oh, you meant KC - my mistake.  As your official nutritionist, I'm in full support of your KFC cessation plan.

• Forum MVP

So I find out the gf applied for a flight attendant job a year ago but never followed through with the 2nd interview. I assume big boobs and a bubbly personality would make that job a lock. I'm thinking that would be a perfect job as I could fly free. Social work or free flights. I think free flights is more important than helping people. Now maybe I need a job at enterprise to get free car rentals after my flight arrives. Unfortunately you have to work hard at a job like that and I don't think they would allow me my 8-10 weeks a year vacation that I currently take. Plus jobs tend to frown on not showing up when basketball is on or when it's a gorgeous day and you decide to go play disc golf at noon. I think I ruined myself with my dream job the last 5 years. By dream job I mean work when I feel like it. Not sure if I'll ever be able to handle a real job again if we move.

I think I'm going to start gambling again. Just bet like 200 on an elite 8 team to win it all. I should get around 4-1 odds so if I win I get to catch a flight and do a run. If I lose I'm just down 200. Now to pick the right team..

• Forum MVP

The UC Theatre was to official open tonight. However, per their website: "We are very sorry to announce that Friday night’s show at The UC Theatre has been postponed. We sincerely apologize directly to They Might Be Giants and their fans; it was no fault of the band's and we want to make that clear straight away. Rather, The UC Theatre experienced technical delays beyond their control. We were very much looking forward to They Might Be Giants being the first show at The UC Theatre, and we are very sorry that wasn’t able to happen." There's still a show listed for tomorrow night, then the next scheduled shows are the DSO run.

Archived