Dancin
Wheel
Johnny

6-23-76 tower theatre upper Darby, pa

no encore in original show

F:Cats under stars
White rabbit

• Forum MVP

Freakin smokin show. We were drenched after.  The Asheville crowd looked the part, but the Raleigh crowd was far far superior. Way more respectful. In Asheville during Chimes I felt sorry for Lisa with all the idiots who wouldn't shut up. It was no portland. Half the damn audience decided to hold a loud conversation during it. In Raleigh the crowd just got down. 100+ people dancing full abandon and everyone else grooving and not there to yap. It was a 180 from the night before. I was surrounded by yappers in Asheville and my stfu's were ignored. After Portland I knew we would never have that kind of connection during chimes again but I didn't think the crowd would be that bad there.  Tonight redeemed my faith in deadheads. DSO smoked us from start to finish and the outer ring from edge to edge were people that danced their ass off.  Looks can definitely be deceiving. Tonight proved that it doesn't matter what you wear just as long as you there. I don't want to bash Asheville as the BM shows are great but that Thursday crowd was a bunch of drunk talkers. I wanted to tell the guy next to me, "does she ever shut the fuck up when you are at home or is she like this 24/7". Tonight the show was everyone's focus. Lots of respect for the crowd and the show was a ridiculous fast dancer. Amazing night with good friends. 

• Forum MVP

I had an opposite experiance from  what Rude described in Asheville. I was up front , off to the side. Folks there were respectful with everyone paying attention. It was tight there but we could still dance together. Rude was in the totally opposite corner of the room, near the enterence. His space was In a good dance party area but suffered what he described.  

Peace and Love

Doc

• Forum MVP

" Looks like Rain" put  me into that time serveral years ago when she was leaving me....tears and sobbing overcame me. ....but I was also thankful that Love finally came through and we are together again.

Peace and Love overcame the sorrors and new songs filled our lives

Doc

• Forum MVP

" Saint Stephen".  I was totally worn out from this thrid night of hard dancing.  My legs refused to do more.    I thought  this was just too much for my body.   I ll have to just listen.

"Dancing in the Streets" followed and movement reserected....energy came back and the dance world came alive again.    Its good friday

• Forum MVP

Epically-Drenched in your face jaw-dropping rocker!  Big dance in the back with great sound and space to spare!  

Great to see so many different people dailed in and giving it everything they had as far as the eye could see.

Very lucky and humbled to see such a great show and to get to share it with such an awesome group of people!  Doesn't get any better for me - best kinda tired there is!  Hats off to DSO and crew for an epic time and much love for the great fans in Raleigh.  Everyone brought the goods last night.

Happy to try and grab that ring again tonight :)

• Forum MVP

I wasn't there. But can speak on the peel as ive been. The place is too oversold or crowded or whatever you want to say. It forces the talkers to be in the place of the dancers. Black mountain seems so perfect because it's out doors abundant with space. The talkers go where the talkers go and the dancers control their space. Dso even gave us a speaker last time around. Sounded crisp. 

Also you need to drive to get to black mountain. Thus some of the college kids. There to get fucked up be rowdy chase women and maybe subconsciously disrespect elders. I went to college I know the fuck you attitude well. I've had it. They don't really know the music or proper decorum yet. Some may in the future. 

I know many dancers that just skip on the Peel. I wish I could have made it but sometimes life gets in the way.

23 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

Music
Sugaree
Mama tried
Row jimmy
Big river
High time
Brown eyed 
Looks like rain
Lazy lightning
Supplication
Fotd
Promised land

Sampson
Might as well
Let it grow
Cosmic Charlie 
St stephen - nfa - st reprise
Dancin
Wheel
Johnny

6-23-76 tower theatre upper Darby, pa

no encore in original show

F:Cats under stars
White rabbit

There go the cats I have been chasing for god knows how long.

21 hours ago, rudedogggg said:

Freakin smokin show. We were drenched after.  The Asheville crowd looked the part, but the Raleigh crowd was far far superior. Way more respectful. In Asheville during Chimes I felt sorry for Lisa with all the idiots who wouldn't shut up. It was no portland. Half the damn audience decided to hold a loud conversation during it. In Raleigh the crowd just got down. 100+ people dancing full abandon and everyone else grooving and not there to yap. It was a 180 from the night before. I was surrounded by yappers in Asheville and my stfu's were ignored. After Portland I knew we would never have that kind of connection during chimes again but I didn't think the crowd would be that bad there.  Tonight redeemed my faith in deadheads. DSO smoked us from start to finish and the outer ring from edge to edge were people that danced their ass off.  Looks can definitely be deceiving. Tonight proved that it doesn't matter what you wear just as long as you there. I don't want to bash Asheville as the BM shows are great but that Thursday crowd was a bunch of drunk talkers. I wanted to tell the guy next to me, "does she ever shut the fuck up when you are at home or is she like this 24/7". Tonight the show was everyone's focus. Lots of respect for the crowd and the show was a ridiculous fast dancer. Amazing night with good friends. 

Drenched after! yes and get outside and by the time I've had a smoke I am freezing! 

• Forum MVP
On 4/15/2017 at 2:19 PM, ducats said:

did it start with the 76 slightly slower tempo?

It seemed fast start to finish. The 2nd set seemed very up tempo. The LIG was blazing. 

• Forum MVP

I personally did not see the 76er coming as the show seemed business as usual up front... but it was all party in the back. The second set was a fuzzy monster..... kinda like the Bigfoot pictures.... and you wonder is this really happening !?!

5 hours ago, rudedogggg said:

It seemed fast start to finish. The 2nd set seemed very up tempo. The LIG was blazing. 

I never really got the whole 76 tempo thing.  all shows started slowly and picked up steam? a dozen songs all were played slower than pre-hiatus? the jams were les "spacey" and flowed more?  I think it was a combo of all three-but it was definitely a thing among those that know music.  I'm personally tone deaf and musically clueless.

The 76 show I saw at The Cap (last spring?) definitely started slow and seemed to gain some momentum during first set.  

• Forum MVP

Well..... the fuzzy too many headed monster stole my face already so this show was hard. I have never ever sat for most of a show- but also have never stopped breathing during the first song I started dancing to. So the music never stopped, and neither did the crazy lady dancing too high and too fast next to me, so I literally ran to the back with my tall tree in tow. Lots of dancing room seemed great- til I danced too big and stopped breathing again. It was getting tricky. I just wanted to shake up that sweet lil sugaree til there won't no way she could know my name but.... I couldn't breathe.

so.... middle school style.... I cuddled up in a back corner and made out and held this incredible guy I found at a dark Star show and we listened to the music play. Often, we closed out eyes, and could feel under our asses the floor vibrating and when we peeked the kids were dancing and I felt like (more than I do standing up front sometimes) that this was the Grateful Dead and I was too high (bwahahaha) and it was good. 

The high time made me get up, remembering a show at Dewey that fucked us all and how we stood there singing the song and knowing we could one day show each other the good life.... well..., here it is. Thanks MC.

got up again for my song. Duh. Y'all were there in the back w me. U know. Thanks for being there. It was amazing. They played it a LOT this tour. Cause I came home. Supplicated. Fuck yeah. But could not breathe. At all. Goddamn.

Followed by friend of the devil.... haha. Names. Faces. Places. Oh yeah. But I still had to sit even though it was the slow one I really wanted to dance to. We found outside. Nice smoking area. White benches. Cozy. If I hadn't been sick, and sitting, we wouldn't have been adopted by the super sweet couple that took us home and fed us. It comes around. More later.... time to get my space together to go into the Columbia show ;)

Archived