TIGDH

DesertDead

• Forum MVP
16 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

That show had a nice set list, good flow, in my opinion. It musta been an enjoyable dance fest. 

which show we talkin, Greg?

im obviously going to agree and this obviously applies to about 98% of the 2300 shows to choose from, but just curious where your head is...

• Forum MVP
22 minutes ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Rainfest, everybody and every thing was soaked, loved the bid ye (if I remember correctly)

It started to rain during Mighty Quinn (encore of the next night), and never stopped.

It’s still raining in Noblesville, to this day.

The weather this night (was a Monday) and for nearly all of the 7/18 show was sublime (for summertime).

If it’s any consolation, AC, I don’t really remember a damn thing from Alpine 88.

#FreshGooneyBirds

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

7/17/89

As you are likely aware, the 7/17/89 show was an official video release titled “Downhill From Here”.

You would like watching it if you haven’t already.  🤠

I would guess that Lemieux will use it as one of the Shakedown Stream presentations if they keep doing that, because he is typically using previously released shows (tonight’s from 7/8/90 is extremely choice).

A strange fact about the Downhill From Here production is that they used the end of the first set from final night of the run (7/19) instead of the Row Jimmy, Masterpiece, Push-Shove, Music Never Stopped (the Music was used on the Fallout from the Phil Zone release) that actually closed this set.

The West LA, Desolation, Deal are similarly smoking hot, but the switch is inexplicable.  Bobby did not change shirts mid-set, haha.

M

There were a few stellar moments from Alpine 88- second night Cumberland-Blow Away was brilliant and  the last night second set Pocky Way- Believe it or Not was scorching.  Blackbird closer btw.   Still drying out my Chuck's from the 89 rain.  

The GooneyBirds.  Oh my goodness yes.  Dripping fresh    

The gooney birds.  Oh my goodness.  Dripping fresh.  

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

We’ll never understand why they do what they do. Plugging in parts of another night to a video of a show. Expect the unexpected.  I am thoroughly enjoying this conversation as I wasn’t there. Nice to read people talking about shows I wasn’t at but feeling the same vibe I felt from the shows I was at. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Never been so wet in all my life - everything soaked, crappy tent toast.  Blue tarp was my coat and blanket.  It’s probably just a coincidence that I was diagnosed with pneumonia when I went home to patch my bones.

The things we do for love ❤️ 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
1 minute ago, joel said:

Lol.  Man those goony birds. Thank goodness alpine was still stay and camp venue.  The sidewalks of Wisconsin would have been dangerous if not. 

Yeah, I don’t think Naked Man (all 30 of him) would have been ok with the locals, haha.

• Forum MVP
8 minutes ago, joel said:

How about moving up the road?

On this day. 7/18/90. Deer Creek. Last easy to love you. I felt my ribcage shake from the other one Phil bomb.   Anyone attend ?

3rd row, center section, aisle seat in front of Jerry (thanks, GDTS!).

Thought I would wear my Help on the Way shirt that had a stealie with a Red Cross in it.  Garcia approved.

Best Deer Creek show of all time, imo.  

https://archive.org/details/gd90-07-18.sbd.wilson.12760.sbeok.shnf

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

That show tried to please just about everyone!  Got stubbed into the pavilion halfway through Looks Like Rain.  The rest was just a blur of beauty and was 💯 % convinced they were doing it just for me!

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I remember back in the Garden, in ‘87, when Jerry was singin’ TA ME !

Time is a stripper

image.jpeg.1eefad412fb39d6fd7d21c92f6d5972f.jpeg

Best Desolation I ever saw - there weren’t many lol!

Deer Creek - 7/19/90

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Ok, back to Alpine for 7/19/89.

As I mentioned above, it started to rain during the end of the previous show, and never stopped.

The blue ink in my guat shirt bled just enough to make my hands and arms appear tie-dyed.  For a long while I thought it was just the way I was getting shown the light, lol.

Highlights:

Bucket

Sugaree

Althea

Deal

Foolish Heart

Lovelight encore

https://jerrygarcia.com/show/1989-07-19-alpine-valley-music-theatre-east-troy-wi-usa/

*I didn’t see the Deer Creek show at the bottom of your Cats post, Tea.  I’ll leave this up anyway if that’s cool.  Both excellent shows.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Good morning, Hipsters.

July 20 only has one show, and it’s back at Da Creek.  1994.

Not to pile on poor Jer and the gang, but this is obviously not 1990 anymore (yes, I realize 1990 wasn’t a high point for the band from many points of view, haha).  Here Comes Sunshine was a lot of fun.  UJB wasn’t coming post-drums/out of space anymore by this time, so that was a nice surprise.  

https://www.gratefuldeadoftheday.com/07-20-1994

• Forum MVP

Checked that one out this morning. Reviews say deadbase has it as best of ‘94. I find it interesting that reviews don’t ever match up to my take on the show. As less than stellar as they were in latter years, it’s still a Grateful Dead concert. WTF! Even if it was just one song, just one moment, I was blown away, just in awe, shaking my head,  as I headed to where I think I parked my truck, swearing I would be back. The good old Grateful Dead!
I need a show! Where’s DSO? Send music! Help!