A band I saw last night

Rude

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

Ya the fact still remains non of the other bands got what DSO got and really it's not even close.

That is indeeed a fact.

Im glad there are many other bands out there exploring this music and also glad that some of them are worth going to see live…

And yeah, Tea,,,more DSO streams would be most welcome 😉

And more double and triple headers would also be most welcome on the tours these days,,as I’ve said many times before…but maybe that conversation belongs in a different thread 😆

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
14 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

Ya the fact still remains non of the other bands got what DSO got and really it's not even close.

that’s true for sure but we have to catch Dso when they come close and can pop an up and back yo Indy for Hyryder on a Saturday. Pretty happy to get 5 shows on this tour but 10 shows a year from Dso ain’t enough for me and that’s as many I’ll get of Dso for the next 3 years or so and maybe once a year pop a plane for dso. Life changes for me. Plus I’m freaking tired raising a wild man. At 9:30 I’m like let’s go to bed and look over and she’s snoring on the couch already. What’s funny is people think us catching a measly 10-12 Dso shows is soooo many lol. Meili thinks it’s the end of her fun days. Compare us to anyone yoU work with at the hospital and we do wayyyy more stuff. Hell most of America hasn’t gone outside a 50 mile radius of home in the last 5 years. 

we are the privileged and spoiled ;)  

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

10 DSO a year has become my goal sprinkled with some Hyryder and Born Cross Eyed. Certainly been blessed but 17 GD years followed by 24 years of DSO so far does take its toll. Even 5 shows on a single tour seems highly unlikely. That being said, hope to see many familiar faces later on down the river Friday night.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
On 11/19/2023 at 12:48 PM, DesertDead said:

Zach Nugent Dead Set last night out here in PHX.

Smoking.  Sugaree and Other One->If I Had the World to Give among many highlights.

See this guy when you can.

He’s like dead on 80’s Jerry. He has that whimsical twangy Jerry down. That seems like a horrible explanation but like Jerry’s playing on Althea. It’s sort of a whimsical style  and Zach has that perfected. I haven’t seen him since before dso in Colorado prob 6-8yrs ago with Melvin but my thoughts at the time were that he was dead on the sound of 80’s Jerry. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
On 11/28/2023 at 11:12 PM, DesertDead said:

Dave Abear brings the goods 

Steely Dead is funky.  Recommend.

so last night at my parents for dinner my dad asked me about helping him get eagles and steely Dan tix for St Louis. I’m like that sounds like a cool show. Well upper level were $300 with fees and lower level that wasn’t platinum were $400 min. They are retired and see a show or so a year so they didn’t flinch but seeing 300 a ticket upper level made me flinch. $600-$1500 face for floors. Insanity. 

• Confused (neutral) 1

• Forum MVP

My sister and brother in law (the dentist) just saw the St Paul MN Eagles/Steely Dan show on the 18th and said it will be their last time as the band was noticeably old. This in comparison to when they saw them two years ago in Pittsburgh. Travelling to see the Eagles has been their DSO; however, this last show was a let down. Aerosmith is playing Columbus and when I told coworkers lower arena was $300+, the response from them was why so low? It's a shame that todays concert goers think that's normal. And when they get in the arena they're goin to have drunkin' screamers around them who want to get the most out of their $300 seats. TB use the scheme Rude did with Stones floor seats by slipping the wrist band worker $$ to band you up front instead of your very back. 😏

• Forum MVP
On 12/1/2023 at 10:14 AM, DesertDead said:

I’m gonna need one of those motion sickness bracelet thingamabobs.

And a helmet might not be a bad idea, either.  Place looks steep.

it’s good they have 6 months prep to work up 4 shows worth of graphics. We watched a YouTube of the whole U2 show and on TV we were like this is unlike anything I’ve ever seen. 

id love 1st row center balcony. I think your whole peripheral vision is visuals there. We saw some back row vid that was still super cool but you could see where the screen ended but I’d want to be closer being engulfed in wonder. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Got my first Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion last night at the trap. Monumental moment like getting my first St Stephen at Bonnaroo in 2004. They opened with an extremely slick transition from Sugar Magnolia into Hell in a Bucket and towards the end of the first set, getting ready for the countdown set, played Lucy in The Skies with Diamonds and Midnight Hour...Viola Lee>HSF to start the year, Promontory Ryder>St Stephen...Sisters and Brothers...China Ryder, Black Peter esp good for all of my friends 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
On 1/1/2024 at 3:35 PM, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Got my first Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion last night at the trap. Monumental moment like getting my first St Stephen at Bonnaroo in 2004. They opened with an extremely slick transition from Sugar Magnolia into Hell in a Bucket and towards the end of the first set, getting ready for the countdown set, played Lucy in The Skies with Diamonds and Midnight Hour...Viola Lee>HSF to start the year, Promontory Ryder>St Stephen...Sisters and Brothers...China Ryder, Black Peter esp good for all of my friends 

I’ve seen Dso do a bunch of golden road fillers in my day. It’s a fun little send off. My preference to end any show is a ripple or Brokedown closer to put your arm around your love ones and sway as you reflect on the great night you just had. At my peak dance shape, I’d be craving something reallu fast to leave it all there even though at my peak I couldn’t wear out and now I huff and puff to keep up. Fucking pandemic. It was great for the peeps who got free Ferraris scamming the system and for Hyryder who gained fans and doubled their ticket price as the only game east of the Mississippi, but it caused many to get drunker, fatter and lazier and obviously made us more fertile popping out babies. Luckily it was before the vaccines that made you sterile and implanted the Gates device from your bloodstream to your brain and with a click of a switch at the Gates foundation, millions can be turned off and die simultaneously. Just ask Aaron Rodgers. He’s privy to info laymen aren’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

This past Saturday the Alligators came into PHX from Los Angeles and opened for Xtra Ticket.  They are touring around a bit, promoting Skull and Roses along their way.  

The Alligators are the house band for S&R, and they’re great.  A lot of emphasis on Pig stuff, which is never a bad thing.

Singer is a gregarious dude, talented musicians, all.  Recommend, and they’ll be in Ventura for those going to see DSO out there.

• Forum MVP

Ugly Radio Rebellion a Zappa cover band out of Michigan. Ike used to play with them when they came to Cincy for 8-9 yrs, 

Camilla Brillo>Muffin Man, Joe's Garage, Catholic Girls, Cosmic Debris, Uncle Remus, Trouble Coming Everyday, Crew Slut, Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?, Willie The Pimp, Apostrophe, My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama, Filthy Habits, Bobby Brown, Peaches En Regalia, Honey Don't You Want a Man Like Me, Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy, lots of others, 3 set show, encore: A Whole Lotta Love. Second time these three played together. The night before in Sandusky was they're first. Very talented bass and drum. They talking about bringing Ike back for a mini tour.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
On 2/10/2024 at 8:59 PM, DesertDead said:

TOOL

😈

saw them in Nashville in a wide open pit in 2001/2002. Got free tix from the radio station I worked at. The 1st 20 feet of the pit was a violent thrashing bloody mess but right behind it was awesome. Tix were $25. Tix for this tour Nashville were $200-300 and said screw that. Shits stupid now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Luke and I went to see the End of the Line Allman Bros tribute. I liked it better musically than Allman Betts family revival tour (although I enjoyed both). 
had a Buffalo Springfield for what it’s worth jam in blue sky and a spacey st Stephen jam in whippin post. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

We are at Hyryder Indy right now with Tea, toomuchfun and duck and it’s Tea’s 1st show and everyone is wearing Hi my name is Ed nametags!!! Everyone knew he was seeing his 1st show as he’s their biggest FB fan and it’s like we are with a rockstar. They grabbed him to go backstage and peeps buying him t-shirts as some thought he was an AI bot. This is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. The band even put him in bill Walton territory asking him to put together a setlist even though they nixed it as he went way too deep 😂. Several peeps here came up to me asking if I was him b/c I was a black haired dude they didn’t know. The dude who thought he was a fake account told his buddy I owe him a shirt since I thought he was fake guessing the songs so fast. Even chicks are wearing the hi my name is Ed name tags lol. Fun times with a bunch of Dso friends and my bae meili. Have a great night guys :)

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

March 1, 2024 hyryder mousetrap. Sleuth what this is. I was like set 1 played 67 style. What is this. Someone hat to tell me. 

Golden road 
BIODTL
Cold rain 

Siting on top of the world 

Cream puff 
Dew
Minglewood
Viola 

Cryptical Suite 
New potato caboose
Born cross eyed 
Alligator