Sign in to follow this  
Mango

Long island 1

4-22-86...box>visions opener would have had me guessing elective. No I'm not there, reported from friend.

• Like (+1) 2

Berkeley Community Theater, Berkeley, CA (4/22/86)

Box of Rain
Visions of Johanna
Mama Tried
Big River
Bird Song
Little Red Rooster
Deal

China Cat Sunflower
I Know You Rider
Looks Like Rain
Terrapin Station
drums
Spoonful
Throwin' Stones
Black Peter
Turn on Your Love Light

Brokedown Palace

golden road

more to come about it later...

• Like (+1) 1

I agree, Greg. I’d get that tape. 

The CP-80 was on stage last night. 

• Like (+1) 1

Long Island show was super strong,  great performance. A bonus was no traffic on LIE .   I didn’t need sunglasses,  the  lights were supportive and not an audience intrusion, in fact the guy next to me during the Drum leaned over and said “those blue lights are perfect , almost luminescent” .  LOL. He was right, and I swear I hadn’t previously mentioned my light fetish .

great night .  It was worth every mile of the 3 hour ride home. 

Not that any one would care , but I hung all  night with my buddy Reed, whom I met at my second DSO show and hadn’t seen for about a year and half. It was great to c he was still alive .  He was traveling around in 2016-2017 to all the east coast shows but took this year off to work .  Kids and their work ethics... 

Wish I could have hung around for tonight’s show too. 

Plus I think that was the first west coast Box after the breakout.  What a huge 1-2 punch to open with. And at about the best venue The Boys still played at that stage.

Random curiosity:  I wonder if Red Rooster appeared that late in a 1st set again.

Reed said Matt is from the area and they always seem to put a special show together for that venue . He said they did a few NYE shows there too. 

I saw them do 4.22.86 on 4.22.17.  My first Visions since JK.  Fun show although I was hoping to be a little more lathered up before Visions sprung out of nowhere - I was barely into my 'popcorn'.  Very happy memories - until I got home that is....

Glad they rolled it out again!

• Like (+1) 1

I’m listening to Hardpan’s recording of this show on Relisten its perfect. I was at the show and now I’m there again.  Thanks so much for your efforts and time!! 😁

• Like (+1) 1