Sign in to follow this  
Billy DeLyon

Rockn Lockn'

Looks like someone will be going to Lockn' this year for the first time!  And as an added bonus (in true DSO form) Dark Star will be melting some faces kicking off the festivities Thursday (early bird).  I'm already buying a bunch of extra camping gear.  Really looking forward to this.  Haven't camped (multiple nights) and saw music since 2008 Bonnaroo.  Trying to post the whole lineup but I can only attach small pics

ScreenHunter_50 Jan. 22 08.41.jpg

ScreenHunter_50 Jan. 22 08.44.jpg

ScreenHunter_52 Jan. 22 08.46.jpg

ScreenHunter_52 Jan. 22 08.44.jpg

ScreenHunter_52 Jan. 22 08.45.jpg

I started touring in 1997 with Bob and Phil, and the Quintet was a top favorite-I loved the spring, summer, and fall 2001 tours. Wish I could make it for this just to see them one last time. Looks great! Those tickets are dang pricey tho!

Have a good time

DSO at Lockn - way cool!  I’d guess the Friday 2 slot but they didn’t ask me.  They’d actually be Sat 2 slot but David Crosby is not to be trifled with 

1 hour ago, 2muchfun said:

I am going to first Lockn

First Quintet

First JRAD

At 396 + Jubilee  would make this 400th DSO

Nice. The Q was my absolute favorite P&F lineup. I’ll probably stream provided Ben and Jerry does it again this year. 

5 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

I am going to first Lockn

First Quintet

First JRAD

At 396 + Jubilee  would make this 400th DSO

Well done sir on upcoming 400.

See you at the Jubilee.

Praise DSO.

So who’s in for the Lockn super Vip tour bus rental. $2100 a person plus $15k(divided by up to 10). It doesn’t come with groupies or a driver even though If smooth enough you may be able to trick someone into thinking you are an opening band or maybe even Phil if they have no clue what he looks like and say can you believe they made me park my tour bus out here with the peasants. 

Anyone know if Dso is do 1 or 2 sets. I’m assuming 1 as it doesn’t say 2 like most 2 set bands. 

I just picked up GA + car camping tix.  Obviously I got the extra Thurs. pass to see DSO.  $500 out the door, a little salty, but that’s 4 nights camping, and a decent lineup of bands.  Would Love to get clarification of when DSO will be going on Thurs.  I’m guessing they will end the night.  Gotta time it right because I’m meeting a couple people down there & wanna camp together (gotta drive in at the same time).  

On 2/7/2020 at 1:39 PM, Rude said:

So who’s in for the Lockn super Vip tour bus rental. $2100 a person plus $15k(divided by up to 10). It doesn’t come with groupies or a driver even though If smooth enough you may be able to trick someone into thinking you are an opening band or maybe even Phil if they have no clue what he looks like and say can you believe they made me park my tour bus out here with the peasants. 

I did a $2500 VIP for Dead 50 at Soldier Field. Did not regret it one bit.

Of course unlimited free Patron for three days helped both value and attitude.

2 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

I did a $2500 VIP for Dead 50 at Soldier Field. Did not regret it one bit.

Of course unlimited free Patron for three days helped both value and attitude.

Multiply my part by 2 though....

For Dead 50, I didn't initially score tickets when they went on sale, so I cancelled my rooms and my plans for Chicago and went to North Carolina. My touring friends also missed their tickets, so we invited all our old tour friends to their cabin in the middle of 70 acres of the forest in Western North Carolina, set up a big screen, got a concert PA system, and streamed those concerts for a three night gathering.

It was really the most fun anyone could have. No regrets.

6 hours ago, LangeradoSoul said:

For Dead 50, I didn't initially score tickets when they went on sale, so I cancelled my rooms and my plans for Chicago and went to North Carolina. My touring friends also missed their tickets, so we invited all our old tour friends to their cabin in the middle of 70 acres of the forest in Western North Carolina, set up a big screen, got a concert PA system, and streamed those concerts for a three night gathering.

It was really the most fun anyone could have. No regrets.

I missed out on tix too And as much as I wanted them to be there for it the idea of dragging two preteen boys around downtown Chicago hoping to score reasonably priced tix didn’t seem like a fun option so I  took the boys to the ledges where a local movie theatre loaned them a screen and showed the FTW shows with live music leading up to it. Beach and live dead during the day, Fare thee Well shows at night. Perfect stress free atmosphere and still got to enjoy with extended G/D family