DSO Shows cancelled thru Summer 2020

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I want music bad. I want to dance and share my passion and joy as much as anyone alive I would argue. I have paid 3 times the amount to experience the joy. Sometimes the scalper won. BUT....

We can not make the arts and entertainment for the privileged, the elite. It’s the poor, the sick, and the downtrodden that need the spirit of this music the most. We must not make it so the guy that sells the pins and the patches or the t shirts or the grill cheese can never come inside. We can not do that. 

Is anyone without a finger in the air at a show elite?

Then I may be elite but I have also provided miracles.

Price of grilled cheese just went up.

• Forum MVP

Don’t worry buddy. We don’t expect you to eat grill cheese. The wine. The cheese. The crackers. And the caviar are coming. Be interesting to see how many miracles still happen when tickets cost 200 a person?  I bet Ann Coulter makes it out. 

• Forum MVP

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Pisgah shows. I just need something to hope for. If they happen I will be down there with Luke in tow. Sammy is starting last year of college that Monday I don’t think he has made Black mountain yet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Yea, we’ve been through enough this year, don’t want to take them off the table too. Seriously, this is getting tough. I have been in ‘show around the corner’ mode throughout lockdown. That made it bearable. Now that’s gone. I guess this is what a nine mile skid feels like. We made it through Jerry’s coma, we can make it through this. We have a strong promise of commitment from the band.  Gotta join in on that with them.            
  Some day, life will be sweet like a rhapsody...... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I’ll sign a waiver holding no one responsible if I were to become sick. I’ll have my temperature taken and wear a mask. Why should my personal life be any different than my professional life?? I risk infection from asymptomatics every day I work. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, PoetryGirl said:

I’ll sign a waiver holding no one responsible if I were to become sick. I’ll have my temperature taken and wear a mask. Why should my personal life be any different than my professional life?? I risk infection from asymptomatics every day I work. 

100%...you now have enough information in your mind to make the rational decision.

Doesnt matter, the government makes the decision...huh?

54 minutes ago, Rude said:

It’s time to figure a private show weekend. No other choice. 

Who, what, where, when, how much?

Easy Answers lol

• Forum MVP
21 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

100%...you now have enough information in your mind to make the rational decision.

Doesnt matter, the government makes the decision...huh?

Who, what, where, when, how much?

Easy Answers lol

The issue is finding a central enough area to get peeps with a private outdoor place to play. I’d love to get hyryder to do a weekend in the Asheville area. They would prob travel that far for maybe 6k for the weekend. See if we could get 40 peeps who wanted to come. The organizing is the hard part. Picking a weekend, venue etc. There are closer bands who would do it cheaper too. Seeing a dead band who doesn’t quite get the juices flowing can be disappointing so would need to make the right choice. 

• Forum MVP

No disrespect to the others, but I think that we need to march in protest also. We’ve never been accepted by mainstream, scoffed at by other music lovers. Bad rap at Woodstock. Altamont haunts us. The predictable eye roll with just the mention of Jerry. The jokes. No radio AirPlay. We could wear our garb, gather at venues across the country, have drum circles. We could make signs that say things like, ‘Dead lives matter’ and ‘I can’t dance’. What do you think? Too soon?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Not too soon. We've seen thousands gather to protest and yet we can't have concerts?  You make a valid point on the disrespect from others about dead music and the dead community. It's systemic racism killing the music scene. I'm surprised the artists aren't spearheading it. I'm thinking of filing a civil lawsuit to be able to see my mom in a nursing  home just as the amusement parks did against the health director of Ohio. Fucking Amy Acton, piece of shit dictator. She doesn't have the authority. A lawsuit was filed by Kings Island amusement park in Ohio and the next day the governor announced they would be opening.  As it stands right now my mom is going to pass away without me being able to see her during her last year of life. They ain't even getting close to letting people visit their parents. They keep touting the fact of all the deaths in nursing homes giving NO HOPE, none that I can see her alive again. Concert after concert gets canceled.  Billy Strings just had all his July through August shows cancelled and he is at the prime of his playing ability right now. I've been thinking of the other musicians that we lost when they were 27 and wondering if something was going to happen to him. Well it did. I'm up for marching in tye dye Greg. 

• Forum MVP

I hear ya. My father just passed away May fourth. I visited regularly but wasn’t allowed to for his last two months. They let us see him when he was ‘actively’ dying. He literally died a half hour after I got there. My mom is in the Alzheimer’s wing of a facility with no visitors since lockdown started. Can you imagine what’s going through her mind? Her moments of clarity are filled with confusion. Yet this county doubles in population on the weekend as the Pennsylvania navy comes down to go boating on the Chesapeake. Where is the justice? Gotta march in protest, in tye dye! 

• Forum MVP

I had 3 inches cut off my hair yesterday. Masked, I went into his lavatory to wash my hands. As I made my way, he remarked, “if you can’t smell the shampoo, you need to make an appointment with your doctor.” Valid point! Checking a sense of smell could be a marker for health,  too.