Space>

Jam>

The Other One >

The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys>

The Wheel >

Playing in the Band (reprise)

E: Keep Your Day Job

• Like (+1) 3

Well, this was an awesome time. The insane wind of the previous day slowly diminished over the course of the day to a light breeze at show time, and completely laid down by the end of the night.  Crisp, beautiful sound.  Franklin’s opener was a continuation of the night before, as the rain started before the band was able to get to the Franklin’s encore of 6/9/76. Skip was center stage for both nights. No detectable rust on Eaton’s playing at all, he has been making an amazing recovery. The band noted the Kentucky Derby after The Race is On or Run For the Roses. Bird Song > Other One verse 1> Bird Song was killer.

Jack Straw to open the second set was a nice surprise, always a treat to hear that song. The rest of the set was excellent. The jam out of space was Other One themed, with Skip playing around and teasing the kickoff (which he didn’t do in there first set). “My Favorite Things” tease was in there for a couple bars. The drummers came back on and Skip kicked off the Other One with authority, a short jam and reprise to finish off the second verse. Day Job was dedicated to everyone working hard to stay above water over this tough past year. Overall a great weekend 😃

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
16 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I believe that they did a similar horse race couple of songs for the Preakness in Baltimore a few years back.

Preakness show
2007-05-19
Ram's Head Live 
Baltimore, MD

I was there, smoking show.  DSO played 2 nights.  We went to see DSO the night before, went to the Preakness the next day #shitshow (horse Curlin won), then another DSO show that night.  Epic weekend.  Would pay lots of money to re-live that weekend with friends that are no longer around  

Set One:
Race Is On ; Run For the Roses ; Cassidy-> Jam-> Cassidy ; Visions Of Johanna ; Box of Rain ; Lazy Lightning-> Supplication ; So Many Roads ; When I Paint My Masterpiece ; King Solomon's Marbles-> Viola Lee Blues

Set Two:
Dark Star-> Dancing In The Street -> Scarlet Begonias*-> Fire On The Mountain*-> Drums*-> Space-> The Wheel-> That's It For The Other One-> Believe It Or Not-> That's It For The Other One-> Uncle John's Band -> Dark Star-> Lovelight

Encore:
That's What Love Will Make You Do ; We Bid You Goodnight

Special guest keyboardist Rob Barraco
*with Katie on Djamba

Edited by Billy DeLyon
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

There is a school of thought (to which I subscribe) holding that to be the 5/8/77 of DSO shows. The set list was just exactly perfect and doesn’t show the unreal teasing of The Eleven. 

A thread devoted to the memory of that show is floating around here. It’s a good walk down memory lane. A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then but that remains a special night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Greg and everyone else, the one I was thinking of is now archived and closed for comments, alas. It was started by Herdy (several of us were sitting around in Harford County and thought of that Lovelight) on 9/29/07. Lisa owned that song...Lisapen!

Last post in the thread is by Blythe on 5/21/17 as part of a 10th anniversary revival appreciation. There are some good people in there!

And there is a link to the original review in that thread too. FWIW, I will try to attach it. 

• Like (+1) 1