And if begins.....again

Rude

• Forum MVP

Jazz fest 2021 cancelled for covid. Other bands just cancelled tours in last couple days. Enjoy the outside shows while you can. Deadco May go on but I bet their indoor stows are toast. Pandemic of the unvaccinated is keeping us from concerts. Yes vaxxed can get it but the death rate is minuscule. Now it’s to the point where the unvaxxed are impacting MY freedoms. A safe effective way to end this is out there. Smh. If your business relied on mass gatherings like mine does you’d be pissed too. As of 1 week ago planning on 5 large 2022 conventions was just put hold. When your freedom impacts mine it’s not a freedom. I have hard core right wing friends who are almost all vaxxed and not idiots. This isn’t political. This is about education and helping us get back to our way of life. A deadhead friend of mine from cincy who’s at jubilee every year’s brother died at 58 from covid 3 days ago. Refused to get vaxxed. His wife still refuses. Nice. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Im just mad. Shows are getting cancelled again. Others “freedoms” are impacting my freedoms and my livelihood. I don’t want to ever don a mask again but indoor venues are beginning to mandate them like the pageant in St. Louis and it ain’t because of me. My freedom to be maskless is being impacted. Freedoms are things that don’t negatively affect others. You can’t go 150 down the interstate even if you want that freedom because you may kill someone. There’s precedent on forced vaccination for public health from a Supreme Court ruling on the smallpox vaccine. Not advocating for that but if you aren’t vaxxed then fuck you and stay home. The constitution provides no rights to see concerts. Sorry that’s not an inalienable right. Or you can go see kid rock or ted nugent or Clapton. And no I won’t doing tour or sharing space with unvaxxed peeps. I don’t suffer fools well. I’ve been known to act a fool at times but not an overall fool. 

domt worry John. I have no doubt Bill gates and some QAnon chart will appear again showing the deep state cabul’s hierarchy and tell us how the shots will de-evolve us to chimps or whatever Facebook meme pops up this week. 

what’s crazy is even the right wing governors of Arkansas and Alabama are calling it the pandemic of the unvaccinated. If those looneys can get on board with vaccines most should be able to. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Sorry, as before, all for no good god damn reason.

A virus came along and by tune of 80% killed old sick people…oh wow

The song society should sing….Nobody’s Fault But Mine

4 hours ago, Rude said:

Im just mad. Shows are getting cancelled again. Others “freedoms” are impacting my freedoms and my livelihood. I don’t want to ever don a mask again but indoor venues are beginning to mandate them like the pageant in St. Louis and it ain’t because of me. My freedom to be maskless is being impacted. Freedoms are things that don’t negatively affect others. You can’t go 150 down the interstate even if you want that freedom because you may kill someone. There’s precedent on forced vaccination for public health from a Supreme Court ruling on the smallpox vaccine. Not advocating for that but if you aren’t vaxxed then fuck you and stay home. The constitution provides no rights to see concerts. Sorry that’s not an inalienable right. Or you can go see kid rock or ted nugent or Clapton. And no I won’t doing tour or sharing space with unvaxxed peeps. I don’t suffer fools well. I’ve been known to act a fool at times but not an overall fool. 

domt worry John. I have no doubt Bill gates and some QAnon chart will appear again showing the deep state cabul’s hierarchy and tell us how the shots will de-evolve us to chimps or whatever Facebook meme pops up this week. 

what’s crazy is even the right wing governors of Arkansas and Alabama are calling it the pandemic of the unvaccinated. If those looneys can get on board with vaccines most should be able to. 

You can still transmit viruses to other people who although vaxxed may still be subject as you are to breakthrough cases and have a one in a gizzillion chance of dying. Unacceptable to idiots running this circus. It ain’t me it’s people that say.

Warn again…Don’t be fooled again!

We've decided not to attend the D&C shows that we fought tooth and nail to get tickets for.  AND, they certainly weren't cheap.  It's beyond frustrating, and we're really having a hard time unloading out tickets.  We're blowing off Bristow, Philly and Hershey - mainly pits.  The way this virus is exploding, and the way people are refusing vaccines makes us uncomfortable to go.  I don't want to ever be in a situation where I'm paranoid at a show.  It takes all of the free wheeling fun out of it.

We felt incredibly blessed to catch DSO at Peach.  It was great to feel alive again.  What a lot of fleeting matters we have spurned.

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
2 minutes ago, Dead duck said:

Well Rude now you don’t have to sell your JRad tix, I think St Louis got postponed 

Yup....the ripples are becoming a tsunami of closures. I’d guess the stones will follow suit and will be 3 straight tours they cancelled on us. Meilis never gonna get to see mick lol. 

• Forum MVP

"If only everyone would do what i think is right..."

When has that ever worked in the history of humanity?

Your problem, Rude, is that you are angry. Your entire life there have been horrible injustices that you've chosen to ignore bc they didn't directly affect you. You enjoy the benefits of white privilege, stolen through imperialism and slavery. The western empires continue to rape the world and its inhabitants. Stop for a second a realize that covid is a symptom of humanity's gross imbalance with nature. Your vision is short sighted, thinking that if we all get vaccinated that then our problems are solved. wrong. Wait for the next thing.  And in this whole pandemic process we've  gotten worse- more waste, more division, larger wealth gap. Get off your soap box and turn off your tv. Do something to make the world a better place. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Ticketmaster just sent out a message that noone will be admitted without official papers proving full vaccination for the upcoming Dead and Co. No refunds being offered for those who havent or cant get it done before the 9/11 cincy show. On top of that there will be no tailgating day of show. They got cops on bikes who patrol the lots and write tickets. Complete opposite of the best shakedown street ive ever experienced this past weekend with the 3 Phish shows at Deercreek. Security openly said they are not going to hassle anyone and that is exactly how it was. I'd day there was a 1/2 mile of booths set up vending.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Mango said:

"If only everyone would do what i think is right..."

When has that ever worked in the history of humanity?

Your problem, Rude, is that you are angry. Your entire life there have been horrible injustices that you've chosen to ignore bc they didn't directly affect you. You enjoy the benefits of white privilege, stolen through imperialism and slavery. The western empires continue to rape the world and its inhabitants. Stop for a second a realize that covid is a symptom of humanity's gross imbalance with nature. Your vision is short sighted, thinking that if we all get vaccinated that then our problems are solved. wrong. Wait for the next thing.  And in this whole pandemic process we've  gotten worse- more waste, more division, larger wealth gap. Get off your soap box and turn off your tv. Do something to make the world a better place. 

the world is what it is. All the problems won’t be fixed by a vaccine but the needless deaths and the overflowing hospitals can be. This pandemic is destroying people’s livelihoods. If I can’t feed my family, why would I care about anything else?  I need to work and there are millions who don’t care about their fellow citizens and are actively fighting mitigation measures. For someone who seems to care about humanity so much, you don’t seem to be bothered by the needless deaths and stressed medical system we are seeing here. There’s nothing I can do to fix poverty in India and if you think there is you are naive, but there is a solution to the needless deaths and it’s called a vaccine. I don’t know if you are just playing devils advocate or what, but I hope you are vaccinated and stay safe. I’ve known several people who have died from this or been hospitalized and its a severe disease that just doesn’t kill old people and what’s fucked up is that people don’t seem to be bothered that it’s killed 500k people over 60. Wtf is up with that. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Current 7 day avg deaths per day US from Covid…550

Avg auto deaths per day us…3200

More likely to die driving to and from shows then dying from some dirty white privileged hippie infested with Covid hugging you. Vaccinated or not!

• Forum MVP
46 minutes ago, 2muchfun said:

Current 7 day avg deaths per day US from Covid…550

Avg auto deaths per day us…3200

More likely to die driving to and from shows then dying from some dirty white privileged hippie infested with Covid hugging you. Vaccinated or not!

death increase follows hospitalization. So the current rate of 550 a day or 200k a year is acceptable and shouldn’t be mitigated?  But that’s not even the entire issue. The issue is not being able to get treatment in overwhelmed hospitals. Mississippi ran out of ICU beds. They are converting parking garages at hospitals to treat patients. It also shows zero empathy for people who die or will lose their income. Dso is going to be dinged again this winter. This isn’t just a health crisis. It’s an economic crisis. Europeans still can’t fly to America. Millions have lost their jobs. Like the governors in the south are saying. It’s a pandemic of the unvaccinated as they are dying en masse and overwhelming our healthcare system.  Non emergent surgeries are being cancelled. We have the biggest drop in life expectancy since wwii. You were smart and got vaccinated because you know it may save your life and lives or your family. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

You are right , inadvertently included injuries…however it is still #1 cause of death for people aged 1-54. Vaccinated or not!

29 minutes ago, Rude said:

death increase follows hospitalization. So the current rate of 550 a day or 200k a year is acceptable and shouldn’t be mitigated?  But that’s not even the entire issue. The issue is not being able to get treatment in overwhelmed hospitals. Mississippi ran out of ICU beds. They are converting parking garages at hospitals to treat patients. It also shows zero empathy for people who die or will lose their income. Dso is going to be dinged again this winter. This isn’t just a health crisis. It’s an economic crisis. Europeans still can’t fly to America. Millions have lost their jobs. Like the governors in the south are saying. It’s a pandemic of the unvaccinated as they are dying en masse and overwhelming our healthcare system.  Non emergent surgeries are being cancelled. We have the biggest drop in life expectancy since wwii. You were smart and got vaccinated because you know it may save your life and lives or your family. 

Actually got vaccinated so Bobby can spit on me in the pit

8 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Ticketmaster just sent out a message that noone will be admitted without official papers proving full vaccination for the upcoming Dead and Co. No refunds being offered for those who havent or cant get it done before the 9/11 cincy show. On top of that there will be no tailgating day of show. They got cops on bikes who patrol the lots and write tickets. Complete opposite of the best shakedown street ive ever experienced this past weekend with the 3 Phish shows at Deercreek. Security openly said they are not going to hassle anyone and that is exactly how it was. I'd day there was a 1/2 mile of booths set up vending.

Where does it say no tailgating? And the whole cops thing. The one at citi field just says either be fully vaccinated or have proof your negative as of 48 hours before show. I’m assuming those are cincy/Ticketmaster rules? I haven’t seen any of that for the jungle NY I call home .

• Forum MVP

Its a Riverbend thing because they bought up the private lots where we used to have shakedown street and party. Recently, at The Black Crowes concert, the cops shut down anyone setting up to tailgate because its all riverbend property now. The no tailgating is strictly Riverbend, not ticketmaster. Also, TM says people can get a refund at site of purchase. Sorry for the confusion

• Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Its a Riverbend thing because they bought up the private lots where we used to have shakedown street and party. Recently, at The Black Crowes concert, the cops shut down anyone setting up to tailgate because its all riverbend property now. The no tailgating is strictly Riverbend, not ticketmaster. Also, TM says people can get a refund at site of purchase. Sorry for the confusion

Shakedown peeps resourceful and resilient. There is always a closest lot venue doesn’t rule. Aggressive law enforcement “looking for trouble” not a good mix.