Football

bs69

• Forum MVP

Clemson

pac 12 champion

Winner of Georgia Tennessee. The winner will beat Bama in the title game or they out.

Ohio St

If any conference gets two it should be Michigan and Ohio St. That would leave the pac 12 champion out.

I wouldn't be shocked if LSU takes down Bama.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
On 11/3/2022 at 11:23 AM, Tom Banjo said:

SEC bias in full effect. Bama ahead of TCU???? Really??? 

When TN or GA loses this weekend, do we still end up with 2 SEC schools in top 4?

you mean talent bias. You see it every year. Some scrub makes it in by playing no one and they get crushed. Only OSU and Clemson have enough talent to stick with Bama and GA on any consistent basis. TCU has had a solid season but like Cincinnati they aren’t really a top 4 team. Hasn’t TCU been down by 2 scores in 4+ games and come back?

• Forum MVP
On 11/3/2022 at 12:23 PM, Tom Banjo said:

SEC bias in full effect. Bama ahead of TCU???? Really??? 

When TN or GA loses this weekend, do we still end up with 2 SEC schools in top 4?

I am hoping for wins by LSU and Notre Dame tomorrow. Texas A&M is exhibit A that recruiting rankings aren't everything. I think NIL is having a negative effect on a lot of these top recruits,  already paid with lost incentive

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Rude said:

you mean talent bias. You see it every year. Some scrub makes it in by playing no one and they get crushed. Only OSU and Clemson have enough talent to stick with Bama and GA on any consistent basis. TCU has had a solid season but like Cincinnati they aren’t really a top 4 team. Hasn’t TCU been down by 2 scores in 4+ games and come back?

True as it may be, you do continue to tip your hand that the games don’t technically need be played, RD.

you are consistent, though 🙂

7 minutes ago, bs69 said:

I am hoping for wind by LSU and Notre Dame tomorrow. Texas A&M is exhibit A that recruiting rankings aren't everything. I think NIL is having a negative effect on a lot of these top recruits,  already paid with lost incentive

while Clemson is not what they’ve been (and it will be fascinating to see what happens to them in the next few years), we’re not super confident that ND is going to get this job done, BS.

and by not super confident I mean not at all

but I will certainly root them on 🥳

• Forum MVP

TCU had the 60th rank recruiting class in 2022. They only got 3 4 star and 9 3-star players. Teams like Rutgers smoked them in recruiting. Kentucky had 11 4-star recruits. North Carolina had 2 5 star and 8 4-star recruits. Then you get to the monsters like A&M with the best class in history with 8 5-star and 20 4-star. They ate all freshmen but will be a lot of NFL guys. TCU may have a good system but coming from behind every game will come to an end 

the games need to be played but comparing Cincinnati last year to any SEC team can’t be done. They don’t play 7 FPI top 20 teams. It’s like triple A. No one has beat an SEC team in the playoffs besides OSU and Clemson and it’s because OSU is a top 5 recruiter like Clemson. You saw the carnage when Michigan state made the playoffs a few years ago when they were the 20th ranked FPI team. You can be coached great but you need talent to beat the big boys. 

• Forum MVP

I would argue that my Bearcats had the talent last year with 9 players drafted,  I think we got outcoached. We should have loaded the box and made them throw against our secondary which was arguably the best in the country. You don't beat Alabama by letting them control the ball and wear you down. Totally agree with Michigan St., that was the worst year for the playoff when the defending Champs and arguably the best team in the country got left out with 1 loss on a last second field goal in bad weather and didn't make the playoffs because they didn't win their division. That would never happen to Alabama and hasn't. 

41 minutes ago, DesertDead said:

True as it may be, you do continue to tip your hand that the games don’t technically need be played, RD.

while Clemson is not what they’ve been (and it will be fascinating to see what happens to them in the next few years), we’re not super confident that ND is going to get this job done, BS.

I think Notre Dame has a shot tomorrow night. 

• Forum MVP

You didn’t have the D line. That’s where it all starts. Get to the QB. I didn’t know you had 9 actually drafted. But what did you have behind them. Georgia has more 1st rounders who weren’t eligible to be drafted. You had a magical season. But you weren’t national champion material. Football is one of those sports where the small guy won’t win it all. You can have great seasons but 2 straight vs the best wont happen. 

• Forum MVP

We did have two D linemen and a linebacker drafted but our depth wasn't good enough and they got worn down,  that's why our only hope was to make them throw. They hung in for most of the game but we got behind which was a problem for the offense. I agree it's not likely that one of the small guys win the championship and it will become even less likely when they expand to 12 teams. I do also think that the teams that are dominant can change over time so I don't think it will be the same 5 teams over and over. I think Oklahoma's days are numbered. Look at Miami,  they were nothing and then became great through the eighties and nineties and have now become nothing again. There is no guarantee that Alabama will remain at their level after Saban retires, if they lose their national appeal to recruits they are in trouble because there aren't enough in state unlike Ohio,  Georgia,  Texas,  Florida,  USC etc.

• Forum MVP
14 hours ago, Rude said:

You didn’t have the D line. That’s where it all starts. Get to the QB. I didn’t know you had 9 actually drafted. But what did you have behind them. Georgia has more 1st rounders who weren’t eligible to be drafted. You had a magical season. But you weren’t national champion material. Football is one of those sports where the small guy won’t win it all. You can have great seasons but 2 straight vs the best wont happen. 

It could.  😊

Tennessee used to blow.  So did Georgia.  So did Alabama.  So did Ohio State.

Your assertions are hindsight.  The sport is cyclical.  Small guys become big guys.

Right now it’s the Nick Saban cycle haha.  One day it will end and Alabama will be mediocre.  Guy’s gonna have to die for that to occur, but it will.

• Forum MVP
On 11/4/2022 at 6:02 PM, DesertDead said:

Ye of little faith

• Forum MVP
11 hours ago, bs69 said:

Ye of little faith

Fun game.  🙂

As a huge ND fan, sometimes all we have is faith.

For the record, I did predict ND to win on the message board I’m a member of.  I almost always do though, haha.

Glad you seemingly enjoyed it, too.

Good thing we didn’t just give them the win because they’ve had higher ranked recruiting classes.  😉

• Forum MVP
On 11/5/2022 at 8:26 AM, DesertDead said:

It could.  😊

Tennessee used to blow.  So did Georgia.  So did Alabama.  So did Ohio State.

Your assertions are hindsight.  The sport is cyclical.  Small guys become big guys.

Right now it’s the Nick Saban cycle haha.  One day it will end and Alabama will be mediocre.  Guy’s gonna have to die for that to occur, but it will.

the sport is cyclical but programs like Texas, Georgia, Florida, LSU, OSU, Clemson, Florida state are capable of assembling monster rosters.  Alabama could be mediocre for a few years but they will always be a true top 20 team at the very worse. They lost to TN b/c they missed a FG and LSU went 2 point conversion.  Alabama won’t likely make the 4 team playoff but they will be better than several who do. 

Our hotel was 200 feet from the venue so at setbreak we hit the hotel. Walk in and it says OT. Got to see everT play of that OT. Nutty finish. Was awesome. Got to watch most of the 1st half before show. Lsu has a lot of talent like always and night games in Death Valley are about as hard w place to play as any. It was a great setbreak for us lol. Cocktail and end of game then back to show 2 mins before dso took the stage 

2 hours ago, DesertDead said:

Fun game.  🙂

As a huge ND fan, sometimes all we have is faith.

For the record, I did predict ND to win on the message board I’m a member of.  I almost always do though, haha.

Glad you seemingly enjoyed it, too.

Good thing we didn’t just give them the win because they’ve had higher ranked recruiting classes.  😉

you had 17 4-star freshmen come in and the 6th ranked class. You actually had a better class than Clemson. 

• Forum MVP

Alabama will not be better than the 4 teams in the playoff. That's a crazy statement. You are what your record says you are. They not better than TN. They not better than Georgia. They not better than Ohio st. It's okay to admit that they having a down year. That they more like 15 to 20 team than a top 5. They barely beat A and M and Texas. They could easily be a 4 loss unranked team. They lucky they won't have to get embarrassed by Georgia in the SEC championship. 

• Forum MVP

Dude Bama misses a FG to beat tennessee. LSU went for a 2 pointer to win. Bama would be at least a TD favorite over everyone but georhia and OSU and those would be Pickems. You can’t compare the record of Illinois with Bama even though they are the same. Bama could easily be undefeated but they aren’t. The 12 team playoff would be bad news this year as no one would want to have to play Bama. 

OSU was one of the best 4 teams a few years they didn’t make the playoffs but 1 loss plus weak strength of schedule didn’t get them in. Doesn’t mean they weren’t one of the best 4 teams b/c they didn’t make the playoffs. 

• Forum MVP

It's nice that there's an opportunity for some other teams to have a crack at the playoff.  Clemson has had a spot every year since 2016 and Alabama has been in all of them except for 2020.  TV executives want the usual suspects and would not be down for a slate like: Georgia, Michigan, TCU, Oregon

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, Tea said:

It's nice that there's an opportunity for some other teams to have a crack at the playoff.  Clemson has had a spot every year since 2016 and Alabama has been in all of them except for 2020.  TV executives want the usual suspects and would not be down for a slate like: Georgia, Michigan, TCU, Oregon

I see why you did there, Tea 😎

should be a great game 

• Forum MVP
On 11/7/2022 at 12:57 PM, Tea said:

Clemson was out last year also.  If I were to make a prediction about this year I'd say it will be Georgia, tOSU/ichigan, Tennessee and whoever comes out of the Pac 12 with only one loss. Definitely going to be someone new. 

• Like (+1) 1