Intel on current dso scene

• Forum MVP

The current reality sort of discourages a whole tour. You don’t have many who are on the road too which takes a bit of the fun away and covid restrictions are a cherry on top of the shit burger that’s our reality atm.  I’ve been pulled on whole tours with peer pressure. The more the merrier and without friends on tour, it’s not the same.  If 10 friends were like Tahoe baby, I maybe would have snuck out there for the weekend, but alas no.  I think the lack of pull from different friend groups really hurts attendance. If your local friend group isn’t going to a local show for whatever reason you may not either. We are pulling some St Louis friends to Jrad in the Lou right before a 3 show dso run, but if we weren’t going, they wouldn’t either as they need that peer pressure.  I figure I’ve gotten friends over the years to purchase 400 dso tickets and one year we had 7-8 from my hometown pack up for jubilee. MC was a huge peer pressure driver of ticket sales. He was maybe one of the best dso promoters ever as he’d make peeps get in his car to hit the next show. I was nrver like that but I put my share of peer pressure on friends be it local or far away. I think that’s sort of gone since the start of the pandemic.  Turn and face the strange ch ch ch changes 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
On 2/2/2022 at 7:12 PM, LangeradoSoul said:

If you are over 40 and have time for multiple friends, let alone actually have 10 friends, god bless you, you probably do have time to go on tour, and I’m your biggest fan so go ahead and post the setlists 

well my friends are spread out over the country and we get together for show runs. Locally you’d be extremely lucky to get 10 friends to do anything much less traveling. I’ve probably got more close friends from dso shows than I have locally considering kids, life and jobs get in the way like you say after 40. 

• Like (+1) 2
On 2/2/2022 at 5:39 AM, DesertDead said:

The only Intel I have is they’re NOT coming to Arizona, which obviously sucks balls.

Will they ever return to AZ?!?

Great OP though, AC.  Hope we get some action round here.

Someone should promote this site at the shows.  We’d get new members that way.

They’re not even hitting SoCal… it’s a pretty concentrated tour