Dark Star Jubilee 2023

Rude

• Forum MVP

I’m wondering if New Potato Caboose is the same New Potato Caboose from the late Eighties. Those guys were pretty good back then. One guy dropped out, they started calling themselves Radio Mosaic. They used to play Andy’s in Chestertown about once a month. Based in DC area? 

• Forum MVP
29 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I’m wondering if New Potato Caboose is the same New Potato Caboose from the late Eighties. Those guys were pretty good back then. One guy dropped out, they started calling themselves Radio Mosaic. They used to play Andy’s in Chestertown about once a month. Based in DC area? 

The DC version of New Potato played outside of 

McKeldin Library when I was at Maryland.  I biked

around the mall dosed while they played Let It Grow,

a clear memory of my youth.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

I don’t believe new potato caboose plays dead. Looked them up on Apple Music and they play originals. Dso doesn’t get other dead bands to play besides Melvin or would love to see Hyryder there on that big PA one year since they are right down the road. 

and the car pass doesn’t let you in the bowl. It’s the same as every other year besides charging for a car vs one included in the price of a ticket. Every other fest charges for a car so figure they wanted a new revenue stream. At least it’s not $500 like skull and roses eek. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

The RV passes do sell out but not sure when. You can always sell it later as they are the 1st thing to go. VIP has also been selling out a month or so before. The new VIP RV area is set up very nicely now with the graded packed gravel section. If it’s muddy and that’s a big possibility with a fest right before, you have zero issue with mud in that vip area but may in the GA top of the hill. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
15 hours ago, LangeradoSoul said:

The Jubilee is the only festival I attend where the VIP campers outnumber the  GA campers. Probably a smart fiscal move on their part. I might be GA this year though lol

considering it’s only an extra hundred bucks to not have to carry your gear up and down that hill, it will likely stay that way. If they do the $1000 vip like other fests, I’ll get an electric wagon and go GA. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Dead duck said:

As long as I can use my boys as hired pack Mules I’ll be GA. Lol. I mean why else did I have them? 😆🤣

you created them to work on the farm until they are 14yrs old and get married. Unfortunately people aren’t having kids early and we have a birth dearth because corporations took over the farms eliminating the need for lots of kids. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2022 at 2:50 PM, Dead duck said:

I wonder if buying the car pass lets you drive down into the bowl and camp with vehicle? Or if by buying a car pass you are paying extra to camp in the lot atop the hill which would just seem silly to me. 

Looks like a car pass gets you a spot to park and set up a tent with your car. Driving around doesn't really work. Everyone in the car will need their show pass too and it's different than the day parking.

Hope that helps!

On 12/22/2022 at 7:30 AM, Dead duck said:

Wait, you mean some people have kids on purpose??? 😆🤣

On 12/22/2022 at 6:56 AM, LangeradoSoul said:

My wife and I had kids early, but not intentionally. Im 43 and my oldest is a second semester college sophomore. We are almost there-

• Forum MVP
On 12/22/2022 at 5:56 AM, LangeradoSoul said:

My wife and I had kids early, but not intentionally. Im 43 and my oldest is a second semester college sophomore. We are almost there-

Not intentionally? Mechanical failure or Pope method? At least your 21 year sentence with no parole is almost over. 
Always enjoy seeing (and hearing) you guys.

• Like (+1) 1

Does anyone have experience with VIP camping and not getting a car pass? Says there is a wooded area to camp in VIP without a car pass. Is this the area of trees that separates VIP and GA, or is there another wooded area in the back of VIP? I've went before and done VIP but it was all camp at car. TIA

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, 5_dollar_Cumby said:

Does anyone have experience with VIP camping and not getting a car pass? Says there is a wooded area to camp in VIP without a car pass. Is this the area of trees that separates VIP and GA, or is there another wooded area in the back of VIP? I've went before and done VIP but it was all camp at car. TIA

your car used to be included so this is year 1 of a car pass being needed. Email support and ask them. They respond quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Accuweather just released the Jubilee forecast. 

Friday 83/56 (hot day 65% rain)

sat 81/49 cooler night 50% rain 

Sun 73/49 perfect finishing weather. 

the good news with this finalized forecast is it will be 80 all week before so there should be no mud 

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2023 at 9:51 AM, Rude said:

Accuweather just released the Jubilee forecast. 

Friday 83/56 (hot day 65% rain)

sat 81/49 cooler night 50% rain 

Sun 73/49 perfect finishing weather. 

the good news with this finalized forecast is it will be 80 all week before so there should be no mud 

Hope the Accuweather Jubilee prophecy comes true cause this has been the coldest spring I remember as a whole in quite some time