Playoff Predictions

bs69

Guest deadheadmike

Regardless of the final outcome and I think the outcome is going to be sweet ... this JETS season has been exciting , these last few games have all felt like super bowls ... GO JETS !!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
I think everyone here already knows where my heart lies...... I also think it wonderful to have sports and music in ones life.... The broader the palate the sweeter the experience!

Variety is the spice of life. I'm with you Rob.

Hopefully I'm not working on Sunday so I can yell at the tube. Was born and raised at Jets fan, this is our moment of truth.

You all have it wrong. It's Vikings time! I can easily see the Saints offense wilting under the pass rush, and to be honest the Jets scare me more than the Colts in the superbowl, as long as the Vikings A defense shows up to both games.

And even the B defense that usually shows up on the road might be enough if old Grandpa Favre can throw TDs like that first one to Rice... that was great coverage by the Cowboys DB but somehow he threaded it right in there. Amazing.

Guest Rob Eaton

Thats not very nice.. Let me guess? your team is already home playing golf..... It amazing how my "Joke" Jets are one of 4 teams left standing... I guess they are the ones laughing.... I see them beating the Colts Sunday 24/21...... There you have it folks!!!!!!! I love being the under dog!

• Forum MVP
Thats not very nice.. Let me guess? your team is already home playing golf..... It amazing how my "Joke" Jets are one of 4 teams left standing... I guess they are the ones laughing.... I see them beating the Colts Sunday 24/21...... There you have it folks!!!!!!! I love being the under dog!

Playoffs... the true test of a Team Unit... the battle of the BEST. Even getting this far is quite an accomplishment considering our expectations before the beginning of the season. I think the Jets right now have the most hear and confidence of any teams left standing. We're very hungry for some playoff glory... come on Gang Green

• Advisory Board

Since the Ravens lost last week, I've now become a JETS fan!! Hoping and routing for them to kick the shit out of Indy!!!

• Forum MVP

AFC

Running Game = Jets

Passing Game = Colts

QB = Colts

Defense = Jets

Looks like the Jets have a key element on both sides of the ball - Prediction - Jets

NFC

Running Game = Vikes

Passing Game = Saints (damn that was hard to say - more receiver options)

QB = Vikes (20yrs has to count for something)

Defense = Vikes

In a potential shootout - Prediction - Vikes

The Bowl - Prediction - Vikes, Postseason experience will prevail

• Forum MVP

good defense and running game are key to being a playoff team. the jets have both of these, obviously, and have already upset two teams. It has been the case in the past that a team with minimal passing game/strong defense(ravens) have won a superbowl. It is my opinion that this will not happen this year, in this case for the jets. I'm sorry if I offended anyone but it really shouldn't be taken personally. Both of my teams have lost already, one of them to the jets(and I was shocked). that being said, go NFC!

AFC

Running Game = Jets

Passing Game = Colts

QB = Colts

Defense = Jets

Looks like the Jets have a key element on both sides of the ball - Prediction - Jets

NFC

Running Game = Vikes

Passing Game = Saints (damn that was hard to say - more receiver options)

QB = Vikes (20yrs has to count for something)

Defense = Vikes

In a potential shootout - Prediction - Vikes

The Bowl - Prediction - Vikes, Postseason experience will prevail

Good assessment. If Favre plays like he did last week (and that's a big IF) I think the passing game is a tossup between Vikes and Saints. I've been watching Brady for 8 years and have still never seen anything like that first TD throw last week. If you believe the axiom that D wind championships, especially pass rush, I see a Vikes/Jets SB.

I think we are looking at Colts v. Saints

Yep....Don't want to burst the Jets bubble as I ham a huge Rex Ryan fan...Lived in Chi-town During the Buddy Ryan days and his brother Jim Ryan is a lawyer here in town..But in a nut shell the "home dome" advantage will be to much for either road team to overcome this weekend..

Also Favre has been historically awful on the Road in Domes..particularly in the playoffs...I watched him throw six picks when he visited us here in St. louis in a divisional playoff game....Favres Cinderella story ends on Sunday..

My money is on both home teams this week to cover...

I like Indys pass rush and defense much better than NOLAs..so I will take them to win the big prize....

I think the Jets will run the ball early so much, and well, that the Colts will become convinced that Sanchez is too nervous to pass. And then-BAM!-a throw for a big gain. This will back Indy's linebackers up & then they can run it some more. This will lead to a more balanced offense & keep the Colts defense on their toes.

JETS! JETS! JETS!

I think we are looking at Colts v. Saints

That's the same way Vegas line is thinking....... Usually trouble betting both favorites!

Both teams with the points are good bets...Especially when they win outright !

Jets vs. Vikings in Miami

Enjoy the Championship Sunday football....Usually always better than theSuperbowl!

Peace,

Rob

Way back when I was a teenager, I worked at the local country club as a caddie. I often had the pleasure to caddie for Leon Hess, Sonny Werblin, Philip Iselin, 3/5 of the Jets ownership in the mid 70's. I remember these men as some of the most generous, classy and respectable billionares I have ever met. At the end of the summer, they would walk over and hand me an envelope with 2 tickets Mezzine Box 50 yardline seats at Shea stadium for several NY Jets games. I am a Oakland Raider fan, but I always root for the Jets to win, except when they play the Raiders. So I'll be rooting for the JETS and the Saints to make it to the Super Bowl.

• Forum MVP
Way back when I was a teenager, I worked at the local country club as a caddie. I often had the pleasure to caddie for Leon Hess, Sonny Werblin, Philip Iselin, 3/5 of the Jets ownership in the mid 70's. I remember these men as some of the most generous, classy and respectable billionares I have ever met. At the end of the summer, they would walk over and hand me an envelope with 2 tickets Mezzine Box 50 yardline seats at Shea stadium for several NY Jets games. I am a Oakland Raider fan, but I always root for the Jets to win, except when they play the Raiders. So I'll be rooting for the JETS and the Saints to make it to the Super Bowl.

GANG GREEN!!!!!!!

Archived