Stu To Dso?

jimo

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jazz-man

A couple of good things about DSO "being AAA"...ticket prices are reasonable, they play in venues with soul rather than basketball/hockey arenas, there's room to dance, a few guys from the band actually post on this forum, the band members are accessible (no beefy secutity dude with an attitude or an entrourage), and they show up in my town twice a year, they play GD music the way GD music is supposed to sound (unlike Phil and Ratdog IMHO).

..... they play GD music the way GD music is supposed to sound.........

Mountain Girl (Carolyn Garcia) Introduced DSO several times and at least once said "It's nice to hear the music played the way it was meant to be"

In my opinion PugDog420 meant no disrespect.

Guest Ammagamalin Crew
Sudsy Malone's? :D Did many a >hic< wash there back in the day. One of Bogarts' best features is being across the street from Sudsy's.

Unfortunately, Sudsy Malones is a casuality of the current economic situation... closed last summer.

"To use a baseball analogy...

from a touring and fanbase perspective The Schwag are AA ball, the minor leagues...

....DSO are AAA ball minors...one step from...

...FURTHUR...the Pros...the big game. "

You left out JAKE'S LEG...the Pros...the play in the major leagues.

Jake's Leg has been covering GD tunage longer than all three bands combined (33 years).

They have made only two changes in the band (2 drummers) in the past 15 years.

The Leg doesn't charge an arm and leg (no pun intended) to see them play. $3 to $5 a show depending on the venue. Sometimes they even play for free!

• Forum MVP
You left out JAKE'S LEG...the Pros...the play in the major leagues.

Jake's Leg has been covering GD tunage longer than all three bands combined (33 years).

They have made only two changes in the band (2 drummers) in the past 15 years.

The Leg doesn't charge an arm and leg (no pun intended) to see them play. $3 to $5 a show depending on the venue. Sometimes they even play for free!

BIG DIFFERENCE between jake's leg and DSO. Not many of us are travelling across the country to see jake's leg.

Thanks NY Steve I can't wait until Feb. to get on a plane to go to the VIC , Chicago in Feb. sounds like I should bring some shorts. Its funny maybe for some people DSO isn't all that but for me they ARE all that and then SOME.PEACE DAVE

BIG DIFFERENCE between jake's leg and DSO. Not many of us are travelling across the country to see jake's leg.

I hate to give a New Yorker credit, but since he resided in St. Louis for awhile I will cut him some slack...He is on point here..

I live here, love Jakes Leg see them probably once every 2 to 3 months..they are awesome..

But not in DSO's league.....

I've seen Jakes Leg once and was very pleased with their sound.

As far as DSO playing the songs the way they were meant to be: Absolutely. No question. In terms of GD Tributes DSO is in a league of their own. I have NEVER seen or even heard a bad DSO show...or even a sub-par show for that matter. I'm catching a few shows in March and can't wait! :D

• Forum MVP
Unfortunately, Sudsy Malones is a casuality of the current economic situation... closed last summer.

Wow! I would have thought a bar/laundromat near a large university was pretty recession proof. I wonder if the beer or clean clothes got cut from the budget.

boy's these guy's are ALL PROS!

they all make a living to do what they do, and give stu a chance, they'll be fine. he has enough shoes to fill stepping in the spot all by itself. you should give the band the credit for doing their homework and an ear for who will fit. just show him some love and things will be fine, JK's not coming back anytime soon. and be thankful they didn't pack up shop and go there own ways as most "pro" bands might have done or had to resort to.

don't forget the LOVE WE bring.

peace,

waldo

I think the shoe would fit!

BRING IT !!!

I second that motion. I've heard Stu for years here in the Bay Area, and he does a first class job playing Dead music. He has a ton of chops, and is a decent, level-headed guy. Bring it on, indeed!

Zen Ben

Guest crazy digits

hmmmmmm...I've read a lot here... To be honest, I am here for the BEST GD music DSO can put on stage, not because I am friends with one guitar player or another..its all about the music, period! I trust DSO will settle on the right guy (s). They know what it takes and always have!! Thanks DSO!

It seems as though they're several folks on this forum who are pushing for one musician over another. The story will unfold, be patient, listen and most importantly have fun.

Consider this > Thank God you are fortunate to have what you have...the poor folks in Haiti have NOTHING! BTW > send what you can in $$ to this nation..they really need your help :( Peace and love

• Forum MVP

Myself along with Chuck Vegas and a cameo by a certain keyboardist who has a nickname of Dank will be seeing Stu Allen with Melvin and JGB here in Las Vegas next Saturday January 23rd...

I am excited to say the least..

anybody care to come join us for the weekend I think Chuck and I can figure something out...

Archived