Space

Why don't we do it in the road

Cosmic Charlie

Uncle John

Sugar magnolia

Viola lee

Wowwwww

• Advisory Board

9:30 Club is by far one of my least favorite venues, BUT was glad to of made both shows... last night's elective was just SIIIICK!! Sweet jams in the HC Sunshine! Whole show was fantastic Thought the first set was never gonna end! Also nice little Drumz in between Let it Grow first set.

• Forum MVP

I love the way Lisa sings 'why don't we do it in the road'. Last night she was straight up screaming it. They number of tickets they sell for that place should be/probably is a crime. We had fun in spite of this, and in spite of all the talkers and a multiple beer holding statues that occupy what I consider to be a 'dance floor'. The show overcame everything. It seemed like 50% of the crowd left right before Viola Lee which made for a nice throwdown to finish. Thanks Dso band and friends for yet another real good time.

I'll be back for more :)

Guest crazy digits

I love the way Lisa sings 'why don't we do it in the road'. Last night she was straight up screaming it. They number of tickets they sell for that place should be/probably is a crime. We had fun in spite of this, and in spite of all the talkers and a multiple beer holding statues that occupy what I consider to be a 'dance floor'. The show overcame everything. It seemed like 50% of the crowd left right before Viola Lee which made for a nice throwdown to finish. Thanks Dso band and friends for yet another real good time.

I'll be back for more :)

I have been to the 930 one time and one time only..no good

Great looking set. Great job.

Really loathe the 9:30 Club.........greedy/seedy management routinely overfill the venue.

watch what you about the 930, it hits close to home..

• Forum MVP

I have been to the 930 one time and one time only..no good

watch what you about the 930, it hits close to home..

Perhaps the newly unveiled Fillmore in Silver Spring could supplant the need for the band to keep the 9:30 Club in the regular rotation when passing through DC.

And, of course there is always the lovely and venerable State Theatre in Falls Church (though I am fully aware of the difference in size, hence $$).

Amazing as always! I think that was the first time I've ever seen "Why don't we do it in the road" live, so that was a treat :) And what better way to be sent on your way then with a Viola Lee closer?!?! This band never stops amazing me! I am becoming so partial to the original setlists.

3 Dylan songs in the 1st set ... nice .... I hope German Shepard put his money where his mouth is and walked out....

Thank you for putting words in my mouth, but I never said I would walk out, in ANY circumstance - it was your delusion. I actually found Tangled Up in Blue to be the best version I have ever heard of that song. The entire band seemed to really be into it right before the set break, including Let it Grow which is a really sweet tune anytime. The entire concert is crystal clear in my mind, as this venue was so overcrowded and beers were $$$ that it was more of a hassle to get a brew to cure my drymouth. And Viola Lee!

Went and checked out the #Occupy DC site. Crazy.

American-made '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee...185,000 miles and counting...but go ahead and advertise your Japanese import anyhow. Free country.

• Forum MVP

3 Dylan songs in the first set?

Could there be a chance that the band did that just because there is a music goer out there, over the age of 11, who has a taste in music so unsophisticated as to not appreciate the music of Mr. Dylan?

My guess is that would be the first time anything like that has happened.

I'd have to say I'm on board with it if that's what, indeed, went down.

Archived