2/14 Phil and Friends

ripplinrain

• Forum MVP

too kewl {fucking HA!} for school, IMO

I agree !!! as was mentioned by Dr V , someone we know very well will be there w/Phil&Friends in April , $150 & $300(VIP) per show is not that bad considering all the $ I waisted throughout my life on bullshit ... I'll be checking that place out , no doubt about that !!!

While we're talking ticket prices,,,does anyone know if the band gets more $ if we buy them through dso tix vs. the venue vs. other online ticket sellers? I sometimes buy them at the venue when I can to save a few bucks, but dso is one band that I don't mind paying a little more for if it helps them out directly....

or do they just have a set contract with each venue that plays out the same for the band regardless of where tix are purchased?

I don't know all that much how the music biz works however I am looking forward to the next St. Stephen that dso blows my mind with....

Cheers

I don't think that makes a difference (otherwise you'd think they would advertise more to get people to buy on dsotix)..... Pretty sure its just set up as a convenience for fans and I like to take advantage of it especially when the alternative is ticketbastard....I cringe everytime i have to buy a ticket from them.

• Forum MVP

While we're talking ticket prices,,,does anyone know if the band gets more $ if we buy them through dso tix vs. the venue vs. other online ticket sellers? I sometimes buy them at the venue when I can to save a few bucks, but dso is one band that I don't mind paying a little more for if it helps them out directly....

or do they just have a set contract with each venue that plays out the same for the band regardless of where tix are purchased?

I don't know all that much how the music biz works however I am looking forward to the next St. Stephen that dso blows my mind with....

Cheers

The word I'm hearing is that it is cheaper to buy through DSO tix than other outlets. That's the idea ...unless you buy them directly from the venue box office in advance. Some fees don't apply to on site purchases. And it does help the band slightly to buy through DSO tix.

The word I'm hearing is that it is cheaper to buy through DSO tix than other outlets. That's the idea ...unless you buy them directly from the venue box office in advance. Some fees don't apply to on site purchases. And it does help the band slightly to buy through DSO tix.

good to know Dino! I didn't think it made a difference....would rather help you all out than some other outlet

• Forum MVP

I beleive I purchased most of my tix through DSO tix ... glad to know it does a little something for the band , becasue :dsorocks: !!!

its interesting to watch this thing evolve....lots of people pissed. Apparently terrapin crossroads is deleting the "unhappy" messages on facebook. Phil announced that starting within 48 hours of the show he will release half price tickets which will be those not used by family/friends of the band.

had an good discussion with a friend about this yesterday and she made a great point that its not that people don't want to contribute, its that they want to feel part of a community. If Phil would have gone about this in a different way, such as doing a couple of benefit shows with higher ticket prices, and offering donation opportunities, I'm sure there are plenty of wealthy folks who would be completely willing to donate 500-5000 or for a plaque on the wall, or a brick on the sidewalk with their name on it. People like to feel part of something.

I have a feeling that there are going to be lots of people showing up in the lot to make a statement.....

• Forum MVP

I watched the first set. The technicals were pretty good. The biggest drawback was substantial hiccuping and buffering, and I think that it was from their end but i could be wrong. The music was pretty P&F; clumsy but lovable.

$150 per ticket is too expensive for any band sez me, but it's not a slap in the face to anyone. It's just a ticket price. It bein a brand new place, I think the website posting about prices says that their idea of the premium prices is to post big revenues fast and make a strong opening month before catering to cheaper skates. I mean it _is_ a premier of sorts, no? Rememberm new venues and restaurants fail every day. Being Phil doesn't prevent that, in fact it probably makes unwisely optimistic pricing a very real risk.

The "small organ donation" joke is macabre, yes, but spot-on and hilarious as well.

• Forum MVP

What I heard: the room has not yet been renovated. Phil bought the place himself - he took in no outside investors. Now he needs to raise money for the renovation. These shows will help bankroll that, and in the future ticket prices will be less. We shall see.

But if this is the case, how should folks feel about paying inflated prices to see shows in the crusty old Palm Ballroom as a fundraiser for a state of the art room? More than a bit of a suspicious way to raise money for your fancy new room. Like Lisa says, give people a plaque, a brick, name a song after them, whatever. Don't do it like this. And if I'm just starting another nasty rumor, well, the situation is already sufficiently suspect...

Archived