no free DSO show in Springfield, Oh. this summer

evilive

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

We are strictly a fan site, DSO does not provide financial support. We think it is better that way! I provide the hosting, domain name registration, licensing etc.

Sent you out a little money this morning---thanks for your work here. Its a wonderful outlet!!!

Regards

• Forum MVP

I think they may have ...... if you really wanted to someone could go through the past shows setlists and see exactly how many times this event took place....

I nominate anybody except me .... hehe

I have been to all of them and they did skip a year as I remember.

Was my favorite venue and am saddened by this. (Roosevelt stadium and the Palladium were closer then Springfield and Thornville)

What's all this old sex and government talk? I will turn double nickels in 7 days (happy bday Michelle as well) and will be in Bloomington and St Lou. to celebrate. probably Columbus, Cleveland and Munhall as well.

I've learned to duck!

• Forum MVP

Waiting to announce a free show when your trying to put together some pay for shows makes perfect sense. Several of the GD shows that were free occurred in response to fan complaints about ticket prices. Some of the others were spur of the moment impromptu plans. A smart business mind would not want to announce a free show while still trying to sell tickets to an event a month before. I have no inside information on this issue. In fact, I haven't even considered it to really be worth making inquiries about. If DSO gifts us with a free show, we should feel blessed. These guys are professionals and don't have to play for free. If DSO doesn't gift us with a free show, we should still feel blessed to have each other and this great music to share.

See ya tomorrow in Milwaukee.

@ Teacher Matt: What part of my post was it you disagreed with? You think JG gives a shit whether or not DSO plays a free show? Or was it the part about stirring up shit? I'm not surprised you disagree with me, though, if I said the sky is blue you would disagree. As usual, I see anybody that has a different opinion you than your learned self is beneath you.

Regarding the skipped year, DSO has done shows at Veterans Park every year from 2004 through 2012

@ Cosmic Mike: I don't know that it really makes that much difference anymore. I seem to be running out of words (the pain pills are kickin' in).

@ sun1869: Thank You, sir it comes at a very good time, it is renewal time.

• Forum MVP

Thank you Rick for speaking some reason. WTF do you people think this is? It has to be a business otherwise this bus don't make it round the country!! Stop hating. TIm Walther, as far as I can tell, is doing wonderful things in terms of promoting our beloved band. BIg festivals, Big shows, take precedence over small ones. Small, local, events can happen anytime. When DSO or Furthur rolls through town you pack it up until the next weekend. NUff said.

Evilive is just looking to come in here and bash Tim Walther. He or she say they have no axe to grind, yet the profile was just created to post the negative things about Tim. Just like DeliaDeLyons back in March, in the Jubilee post from last year.The link at the start of this thread takes you to a ekoostik hookah fan site. Evilive, if your goal is to turn fans here against DSO because you have issues with Tim you might as well give it up. Everbody here loves this band and most of us could not care less who manages the band. You do realize DSO would only be cancelling their own performance at this free Ohio event right? You can stil go to your free event and bring your family. DSO played a free show in Buffalo a couple of years ago and one in Rochester as well, but that doesnt mean they owe me a free show in these cites every year.

• Forum MVP

Dont be too sure that we are not playing the Springfield show!!:-)

Really----you guys take the time and post on here!!!

Mr. Barraco---thank you-----I love your sound. Pockey way was never my favorite until I heard you go off at the Electric!! I have been singing that shit ever since:} (and I am a Brent fan!!)

There are favorites, and your one of mine------------------Fantasy---Jude at Jubilee------------would make my life complete:}

A Fantasy---Jude---Fantasy--------would make me melt into the Earth, as I would no longer need anything else in my life!!!

I hope these words are not to far out of etiquette, as I am new, but could not give up the chance to share a word with you, as I am in complete awe!!!

Guest crazy digits

Havent read ALL the posts but DSO is paid for Springfield when they play there!!!! The town swings the bill. They have EVERY right to not play there if they feel like NOT playing there. Get over it! They like the gig and will be back again! Be happy with this great band we have and stop bashing.

BTW, Walther is doing the best he can, helping this band to the next level. The band is happy with him and so are we. Sometimes certain decisions won't be loved by all and although your post wasn't well received, you made your point. Try to move on from this and enjoy the Northeast Ohio shows the best you can when there. We are all a good group, give us a try..

• Forum MVP

@ Teacher Matt: What part of my post was it you disagreed with? You think JG gives a shit whether or not DSO plays a free show? Or was it the part about stirring up shit? I'm not surprised you disagree with me, though, if I said the sky is blue you would disagree. As usual, I see anybody that has a different opinion you than your learned self is beneath you.

Regarding the skipped year, DSO has done shows at Veterans Park every year from 2004 through 2012

@ Cosmic Mike: I don't know that it really makes that much difference anymore. I seem to be running out of words (the pain pills are kickin' in).

@ sun1869: Thank You, sir it comes at a very good time, it is renewal time.

if anyone told me the sky was blue--- I would laugh and say "it was yellow, and the sun was blue":}

so many peaceful answers in my favorite tunes!!

I smile at the exchange of word and opinions, very healthy.

Thanks TRob for letting me know its renewal time. I assume that means with your servers!! Triple down my meager offerings this evening. Thanks for sharing your extra knowledge, and your work on keeping forum going!!!

My words above mean no disrespect to any party, just words that made me smile :}

Thanks again, and sorry about the pain. -----

You should consider a BTC donation adress!!! I think it could prove to be benificial!!

• Forum MVP

so this all started because of a thread on an Ekootic Hookah messageboard? Who are they??? The only thing I know about hookah, other that their music is incredibly mediocre(to my ears), is that their scene is riddled with nasty drugs. Hey OHIO, give it a break. Y'all should be thankful that DSO graces your state with festival appearances every year.

Where's my free Cali DSO show???

• Advisory Board

Thank you Bix for bringing up the fact that DSO gets paid for that Springfield show...

I find it highly amusing that someone posted a statement about the free show and Tim Walther on a Hooka message board and y'all take it for fact... christ almighty..

Yes, DSO DOES get paid for the free show, the town pays for it to bring in donations...

Tim Walther has been nothing but a good thing for DSO... He is a business man, so of course alot of you might not like his methods, but shit people, it's a fucking business... If the company does not make money, why in the world would they continue?? Yes they love the music, but would YOU spend 200 days a year on the road away from your family, not making any money to just do it? I think not... in a perfect world, yes... this isn't a perfect world...

Maybe you might want to do a little research before you jump down someone's throat about something you know actually NOTHING about...

Is there a dead horse around here somewhere? I thought we were putting this post to rest last night ~ sigh !

While watching the snowfall outside and wondering if I should venture to Dayton for a Big Damn Family Jam with some regional musicians as well as Johnny Neel and some other crazy folks ... my mind wanders to the summertime ~

Can't wait for the Jubilee :wub:

• Forum MVP

1. I posted way earlier in this thread about DSO getting paid for this show ...post #51 on this thread... that is an easy one... but NOT the issue ....

we all enjoy DSO ... we all have fun .... Springfield is an amazing venue and it just happens to be in the Buckeye State ... which in it's own world is a gift in itself .....

I tried to ease up this thread with funny things and such ... ouch ... I guess some got it and some did not... we all have butholes and we all have opinions.... sweet mother of Jesus ain't that the truth ....

2. Taper Ron - easy big fella .... and I think the Grateful Dead did say the sky was yellow and the sun was blue .... so yes if you say the sky is blue I got something for ya...

and yes my learned self ... remember I can spell AP .... along as you give me either the A or the P to start...

goodness for never meeting me and not knowing my sarcasm .... anywho .... If I was not me I would not like me either ... GIDDYUP

Kind of a fun thread ... gets the blood going .... GRRR ....

• Forum MVP

Matt, you're easily misunderstood. But I know you are a good dude!

that is the statement of the year !.... wait ... the year is just so young .... that is the statement of the last 5 to 6 months !!

I show back on this board after spending the last 8 months in a Turkish Prison Camp and what do I get ?.. Heartaches nothing but Heartaches !!

I am going to go get me some Deer Antler Spray and a Protein Bar along with a fine bottle of Pinot Noir from the Willemete Valley in Oregon ( I be classy that way) and work my way through all of this ...

and Ekootisk Hookah does suck ..... but you have gathered that ....

• Forum MVP

So my hookah knowledge is a little limited. Several yrs ago I heard some kids at the ledges raving about the hookah. Id never heard of em but figured what the hell, i will listen to some hookah when I get home. I listened to a song or two from two or three shows. The songs bore me. Worse than panic. I had no moments of feeling engaged or even remotely interested in the music being played. I know, small sample size, but I just didn't get it and pretty sure I never want to.

Archived