Has anyone done the VIP?

Dead duck

• Forum MVP

After my car was looted in the lot last year i was considering going VIP route this year. Mainly for the option to camp by your car down in the bowl. But also not wanting to make multiple trips with my stuff as im rolling solo this year. Was wondering where exactly the VIP camping is and what VIP goodies are? Have been to both previous and am familiar with the lay of the land.

• Forum MVP

VIP goodies are a min.   We get some better shitters, and private showers.  I think.   They say that, but I think it might not of been the case.   Peeing very easy though.

Yes.   You don't have to fuck with the kids at the venue.  Yes, I love all generations, but kids seem to have sticker fingers, and just less experience and forethought towards others.

VIP.  Cool....laidback, less people, more overlook on peoples property.   No one can stop someone determined to get your shit, but it makes it harder!!!

Its a longer walk from venue, but a hop skip and jump in reality, at least for me!!!!!!     Older folks, so what, chiller folks.   No hiking stuff to camp sites, and the use of trailers is awesome!!!! 

We get a lighter, a vip pass, wristband, and a wooden dance spot near stage.  I used that stage a lot, as my knees hate rocks over time!!!! 

Good set up, I recommend!!!!!!!

facing away from stage:   VIP is towards far right, over the bridge through small inclined woods, into a clearling against venues chainlink fence.  No approach from behind.  All forward, and most of us all became friends in the area, and looked out for one another.   

sun HA! i love the comments about older people, and even as a younger person I agree, I guess at heart I'm just an old fart. Even in everyday life I gravitate towards older people, they just seem kinder most of the time? When I used to wait tables, chat up old couples or groups for days. group of teens hi here's your food gtfo plz. 

Not trying to say I'm perfect or anything though.. In some ways I do feel like an older soul, but in other's I think might be lagging FAR behind, but for now I'm happy with the dude I am :D . Just as I'm sure the other kids are too, and they should live how they please like the rest of us.

anyways VIP is for rich ppl. down with the 1%(of festival-goers)!

• Forum MVP

To me I cant justfify double the price for VIP.  If they were packing in 10k I could see the use of VIP but on the ridge I could watch bands from my campsite.  Im closer to the music than VIP as well.  Plus my friends wouldnt pay an extra 100 so Im stuck in GA regardless.

• Forum MVP

To me I cant justfify double the price for VIP. If they were packing in 10k I could see the use of VIP but on the ridge I could watch bands from my campsite. Im closer to the music than VIP as well. Plus my friends wouldnt pay an extra 100 so Im stuck in GA regardless.

Save me a spot.

• Forum MVP

Yea, read last years post on Jubilee!!!    Kids taking chokes till 4am with out water, coughing all night.  No sleep.    Walking around at 4am, which I am very good at, I hit every fucking tent stake:{   Fell into one persons tent.  They were not happy.   No GA for me.   VIP way to go, and besides, I don't mind being a 1 percenter at shows!!!  I am old enough to pay for it.   ITs not like bumming rides to the next show with no cash and a little bit of fun in the pocket.  I prefer security than fun.  Besides, I could of always took the fun to my place if needed, if not, than I go to GA and find some other fun!!!!!

I recommend VIP to anyone not trying to crowd shit out.  Plus, we had good space for a real fire, not worried about others buring our dwellings down, ya know!!!!!

Peace and love, and in reality it does not matter your preference or what you wear, as long as you are there!!!!!!  Every guy grab a girl and bring them to my VIP swirl:}!!!!

ds

Hey Sun, I hope all is coming up roses with you.

I didn't know there was VIP camping last year. I thought it was just that tent thing near the stage. Shows ya how observant I was. Last year Bob and I got a room a few miles away and that is the only thing I will do differently this year. We'll be camping somewhere at the venue this year. Bummer having to drive at 2:30 am with all those cops out there. Like others have said, can't justify the extra $. I'll just camp by the car in the lot. I might rent a pop-up trailer and drag it up there. Have to see... 

• Forum MVP

To me I cant justfify double the price for VIP. If they were packing in 10k I could see the use of VIP but on the ridge I could watch bands from my campsite. Im closer to the music than VIP as well. Plus my friends wouldnt pay an extra 100 so Im stuck in GA regardless.

Save me a spot.

Already saved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Well thanks for all the opinions. No doubt i'd love to be a VIP but i went with GA. Figured I could have a little more fun with that extra $100 in my pocket. Plus anything worth stealin out of my car was taken last year. So i'll be packing my stuff down to the field more than likely.

• Forum MVP

Well thanks for all the opinions. No doubt i'd love to be a VIP but i went with GA. Figured I could have a little more fun with that extra $100 in my pocket. Plus anything worth stealin out of my car was taken last year. So i'll be packing my stuff down to the field more than likely.

If we get there at the same time I'll help you haul some shit down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived