2013 Statistics

Taper Ron

• Forum MVP

My sample size makes me a little queasy given it's ifinitesimal nature.

2013 = 11 shows (gulp)

5 Originals

6 Recreations

Saw some really good shows!  I'm afraid the show-count has little chance of movin up for 2014.  Fatherhood, Marriage, Work....Rinse, Lather, Repeat. 

200+ GD/JGB shows - Looks like I peaked a little early.

• Forum MVP

I'm pretty much there with Tea on my count for last year, but my overall DSO track record is commendable and my GD stats are acceptable. Not being tied down by such petty concerns as parenting and/or marriage I hope to roughly double the show count this year. The bourgeois anchor that is the job offers both the funding to make that possible and an impediment to implementation. TINSTAAFL.

• Forum MVP

6 total.

4 original (1 acoustic)

2 recreations

Gonna try to push into double digits this year. Already have tix for 5 feb shows plus jubilee. Id like to add in black mountain or new years and one of these years i'd like to make it out west.

• Forum MVP

My sample size makes me a little queasy given it's ifinitesimal nature.

2013 = 11 shows (gulp)

5 Originals

6 Recreations

Saw some really good shows! I'm afraid the show-count has little chance of movin up for 2014. Fatherhood, Marriage, Work....Rinse, Lather, Repeat.

200+ GD/JGB shows - Looks like I peaked a little early.

Holy shit. 200. And you are younger than me. That's insane!!! I caught 5 and was lucky to get those.

• Forum MVP

Holy shit. 200. And you are younger than me. That's insane!!! I caught 5 and was lucky to get those.

Let's just say that I wasn't in school much from Fall '89 through Fall '91.  No 4-yr plans for me - my folks were VERRRRRRRYYYY happy, let me tell you.  For a good stretch, touring was all I could do since I wasn't welcome back home.   It was ultimately worth it but there were some difficult times and it probably took a year or 2 off my life - or did it add a year or 2?  I forget. 

BTW - You're not older than me are you!?! I find that hard to believe - musta been all of your clean livin up to this point :)

• Forum MVP

Let's just say that I wasn't in school much from Fall '89 through Fall '91. No 4-yr plans for me - my folks were VERRRRRRRYYYY happy, let me tell you. For a good stretch, touring was all I could do since I wasn't welcome back home. It was ultimately worth it but there were some difficult times and it probably took a year or 2 off my life - or did it add a year or 2? I forget.

BTW - You're not older than me are you!?! I find that hard to believe - musta been all of your clean livin up to this point :)

I have to say I do live healthier than most winos, thanks for noticing. And yes I think I have u by a year.

And to your earlier question, hard partying actually preserves your body. The key is to sleep in an oxygen tube. U should always have 1 with you in case u get sleepy. If you had yours out on tour then u did add 2 years. If not......

• Forum MVP

That point about the oxygen tube is a good one. Just look no further than at what Michael Jackson's use of a hyperbaric chamber did for him. I would suggest maybe being careful with open flame while you are tucked away in your portable vessel of fresh air.

Long ago, after not remembering all the GD shows I went to, I decided to keep track of DSO shows I went to (but not if GD or original, however- that was looked up)  Have to say that I have never been to a DSO that wasn't perfect in my eyes (or ears)  Unfortunately can't say the same for the Dead, but loved them all the same and all that they played anyhow

Archived