2013 Statistics

Taper Ron

• Forum MVP

Wow, thanks for the stats. Electives are creeping toward 50% which is pretty cool.

I'm always amazed how many nights out of the year they are up on stage...basically about 1 out of 3 nights throughout the year and my god, as far as I can tell, every damn show has been kickass with a lot to offer while MANY shows being completely over the top. It's just not that common for any band to have this kind of momentum and basically what I'm trying to acknowledge is how fucking LUCKY we all are to get to be absorbing what we can from our spot on the dso train...

Happy New Year to everyone around here!

• Forum MVP
  • Forum MVP

Knowing when to make a strategic withdrawal is the key to any relationship, so way to go! I'm going to try to double last year's count with an eye toward another YOB sometime on down the road. We'll see how all this works out.

• Forum MVP

I'm aiming for 40 this year. I get enough quality events where I live to sacrifice some DSO travel. Traveling wears me out. For me certain places just aren't worth going to anymore....the music means a lot to me but it isn't the only factor and if the crowd isn't in to it you can count me out. To my experience the crowd/dance quality is as important as the music. then again, you never do quite know when the dance party will bust out....

• Forum MVP

Noob here. Only 11. 6 elective and 5 recreations. Will be lucky if I get in 10 in 2014. Instead of New Years I may try to do 5 at end of summer tour. Love outdoor shows and camping plus id like to hang with the Carolina boys again.

• Forum MVP

I hope you guys know that the 55 show projection was a joke.  Minus 2 shows not really a compromise, but I don't want to limit myself.  I think it will come down to how active I am on the East Coast in May and in July/August. 

For now,

I'm in for 

2/7

2/8

2/9

2/15

2/16

2/18

Jamaica

3/28

3/29

3/30

4/2

4/3

4/8

4/9

Plans beyond that are simply beyond me, but hardly looks like slowing down in 2014. DSO Skip.O sounds fantastic.  I almost want to really go back to living in a car on the road.

Oh ya, the Jubilee is for sure.

Archived