space

miracle

visions of johanna

gimme some lovin

GDTRFB

johhny b goose

e; foreever young

• Forum MVP

Nice. I'm gonna go ahead a be a dick here....but....Women are Smarter in an elective? Doesn't that song get played enough??

Try playing it some time.  Its tres fun!!!!!:-) And lets face it, it's all about the fun, isn't it? :-)

• Forum MVP

I've never played it. Or played in a band at all. So perhaps I shouldn't be casting stones....

....and yes, I stand for fun! Just being a ball buster here, glad to get a response from ya! I've been known to have fun dancing to any GD song :lol:

A pretty amazing storm came through the Des Moines area late afternoon/early yesterday evening......70 mph winds and heavy rain....guess parts of town were without power for a period of time. What an amazing show!!! I truly love elective shows and this one was right up there in the top 5. Highlights included Tom Thumbs (Skip simply nailed it on vocals), Looks Like Rain (appropriate considering the weather), entire first half of the second set (including the Women R Smarter :)...Lisa seemed to be enjoying that song in particular), Visions (duhhhhh) and Gimme Some Lovin (Barraco was chomping on the keys!). One thing is for sure...Skip is the man!! He is completely on top of the bass line and a true pleasure to watch perform....thought he was awesome back in January but he has taken it to a new...powerful.... level. Barraco was spectacular as usual and I even had the pleasure to run into him in the parking lot after the show! We had a nice chat..... super nice guy!

Overall great experience and I hope the band (and fans) enjoy the rest of the tour. Already looking forward to the next chance to see these guys (and gal).

• Forum MVP

Women are smarter is a fun song even though it's horribly sexist and sets back all the progress the male race has made in the last 50 years!!!!

• Forum MVP

Women are smarter is a fun song even though it's horribly sexist and sets back all the progress the male race has made in the last 50 years!!!!

I think this song is one of those songs where it all depends on how you look at it or take it. Whether that was the writer's intention or not. Does the listener as a man look at women through sexual glasses? Can he be run like a puppet show by women (if they are that sort and women do you act from this place) Can women and men be really friends? I personally have felt a deep friendship with men only to find that there is more on his side than I knew. Unfornately. Does a man's T rule his heart or does intentional living? We all have a choice in what we express in our relationship space. Hopefully you check your heart and come from a real place. Is a patriarchial society's morays balanced? No. Should the feminine be incorporated? Yes. That is why there is male and female. I think this song shakes up those stereotypes in what it says.

Maybe too philosophical for some, but I love a good discussion.

I think your response pretty much explains the difference between Mars and Venus..Maybe the repeatable lyric should be "That's right the Women are Deeper, That's Right the Women are Deeper, Deeper than the man in Every Way".....Love y'all but I can't live with you..You think and feel WAY too much..Mars is a simple creature after all ; -)

Does the listener as a man look at women through sexual glasses?

Yes

Can he be run like a puppet show by women

Yes

Can women and men be really friends?

If they never sleep together yes.

• Forum MVP

My response is I don't think Man Smart, Women Are Smarter is sexist and why. It is a come down on both sides if you look at it and shows just a little light on the subject. These songwriters love literature and symbols. It begs a deeper look. .

???

If you get confused, listen to the music play.

My response is I don't think Man Smart, Women Are Smarter is sexist and why. It is a come down on both sides if you look at it and shows just a little light on the subject. These songwriters love literature and symbols. It begs a deeper look. .

???

If you get confused, listen to the music play.

i think ur reading to much into the song. plenty of deep songs in the repertoire to scratch ur itch. a pistol shot......

• Forum MVP

Man is smarter because one wrote it. lol l

Its roots are in calypso music from the thirties and was part of gender discussion between the sexes.

I love to boogey down to this song. Great drums and interplay.

For those people that like annotation:

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/little-known-factoids-about-well-known-grateful-dead-lyrics/

Man is smarter because one wrote it. lol l

Its roots are in calypso music from the thirties and was part of gender discussion between the sexes.

I love to boogey down to this song. Great drums and interplay.

For those people that like annotation:

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/little-known-factoids-about-well-known-grateful-dead-lyrics/

cant talk to u without talking to me......

i knew its roots - was always just a get down and boogy song to me - but gender neutral

Archived