Columbus

Dead duck

• Forum MVP

Original. Didn't have wait in 2 lines, but the 1 line went for blocks. We got there 20 minutes early and missed 3 or 4 songs. Missed Quinn, music never stopped, candy man. Maybe more. Came in to Cassidy.

Masterpiece

Duprees

Catfish John

Passenger

Drawing a blank on much of first set

2. Why don't we do it in the road

Samson

Help>slip>stranger

Drums space

St. Steven

Not fade away

Comes a time

Franklins tower

E. Werewolves

2nd set possibly missing some as well. Once you got inside there was space to be found even for a sold out show. good time great show.

• Forum MVP

DSO posted pic on their facebook of setlist

Mighty Quinn>
Music

Candyman 

Cassidy 

Dupree's

Masterpiece

Catfish John

Passenger

Stagger Lee

Dancin' ('77)

Do It in the Road>
Samson

Help>

Slipknot>

Stranger>

Drumz>

St. Stephen>
NFA>

Comes a Time>
Franklin's

e: Johnny b. Goode

• Forum MVP

The Newport management needs to reevaluate their process on shows of this magnitude ... show was sold out yet people without tix stood outside in a long line that was still present at 9 45pm ... which slowed down the process of people with tix getting in on time ...nobody from the Newport bothered to come outside and tell the fans show was sold out

With that said i posted two weeks ago get your tix cuz this show will sell out

• Forum MVP

I was impressed with the crowd. Expected the college crowd to be a lot more disorderly. While there was a small murmur going on, during comes a time ther was a pocket of silence around me 10 people deep in any direction.

Highlights for me

Catfish

Passenger

Why don't we do it

Samson

Have to say I liked columbus...... If we could just do something about entry process. Hope it's not as bad for you guys in Covington tonight

• Forum MVP

I was impressed with the crowd. Expected the college crowd to be a lot more disorderly. While there was a small murmur going on, during comes a time ther was a pocket of silence around me 10 people deep in any direction.

Highlights for me

Catfish

Passenger

Why don't we do it

Samson

Have to say I liked columbus...... If we could just do something about entry process. Hope it's not as bad for you guys in Covington tonight

If it is we are screwed. It's below zero windchill already. We walked 3 minutes to eat and were frozen.

The Newport sucks so much ass.  Waited outside the ENTIRE first set.  Missed Quinn, Dupree's, Masterpiece (isn't this by the Dead originally?), Catfish John/?? Come on!!  Passenger, Stagger Lee, all missed.  The hold up was the fucking pat-down.  I had to empty all pockets, explaining what each item was and why I needed it ('this is a winter hat, it is often paired with gloves during cold weather').  They stopped short of me signing a waiver, voiding my rights as a citizen.  Fricken SS.  Finally got inside as intermission started.  Grabbed a beer, headed up to the balcony as the floor was sardines in a crusht tin box.  Amazingly, as if a miracle had been granted, my wife and I found the best standing room left in the upper balcony with a straight-line view to the band.  Here we settled in and had a few big-boy brews and it turned into a great night.   Help>Slip and where's Franklin's?  Oh we'll do a sweet little Drums and St. Stephen first, then wrap it up with the Four Lean Hounds while mine waited back at the hotel.  Great show, not by any help from the Newport.  Bathrooms should just be porta-johns outside for all they do.  Probably will skip this venue next year which sucks because it is a 1-hour drive for me.  College kids there didn't even know who they were seeing.  

• Forum MVP

I was actually running behind for this show, so the normal stop at the pub for a couple happy hour drinks was skipped. We got in line just before 8 and were in our spot along the rail in the balcony on the left side next to the empty center box. Was a perfect spot to enjoy the show, not to jammed in and good sound and sight. I really enjoyed the Quinn>music open, good way to get things rolling. Cassidy had a nice trippy little jam in it that made it stand out a bit. I also enjoyed the Catfish John, although it seemed like Lisa was a little low in the mix, maybe it was just my spot. The second set was excellent from start to finish, they even had the good sense to keep the NFA relatively short transitioning nicely into a sweet Comes a Time. As Matt said, the closer was Werewolves not JBG. Good time on a cold night

Archived