First Penn's Peak

PoetryGirl

• Forum MVP

See you at the jubillee ! I will be one of the dancing folk.

Thanks for narrowing it down. Female and dancing. Likely only 4-5 that will fit that category. Let me help others out. 4'7" redhead. And she does NOT like to be called a little person. After GoT she prefers dwarf now that being a dwarf is hip.

• Forum MVP

No offense Brian, but you and probably most of the folks who "saw the dead" didn't see them when dark star was played in its prime- 74 and earlier. Versions after that don't really count in my book.

And I agree with mason. Dark star is absolutely quintessential GD. It's obviously not meant to be played in every show but it is THE journey song. Can take your anywhere.

• Forum MVP

No offense Brian, but you and probably most of the folks who "saw the dead" didn't see them when dark star was played in its prime- 74 and earlier. Versions after that don't really count in my book.

I don't generally disagree with you, but I bet if you were at, let's say, the Branford Nassau show in 1990 you'd have a tough time not counting it.

no offense taken Mango, I have listened to versions that contain moments of pure brilliance and in my opinion falls flat on its face somewhere along the way.It would be interesting to see dso on mega doses let DS go where it may but we know that won't happen. As a listener I prefer a composition that brings me through a journey of flowing surprises . EOTW Did exactly that but HCS brought my spirit through a journey that made everything I have experienced in life make sense to me.

• Forum MVP

I'd love for this one to pop up on Live Downloads:

11/23/2011 @ Penns Peak (Tea's Birthday :) )

Mighty Quinn

Brown Eyed Women

Mr. Charlie

Tennessee Jed

Jack-A-Roe

Candyman

Easy Wind

West L.A. Fadeaway

Strange Man

Sugaree-> Rubin & Cherise

Set Two:

China Cat Sunflower-> Know You Rider

Hep On The Way-> Slipknot!-> Franklin's Tower

Unbroken Chain

Eyes Of The World->

Drums-> Space->

Visions Of Johanna->

Midnight Moonlight

Encore:

Werewolves Of London->

Golden Road

• Forum MVP

There are just a myriad of reasons I come. Somedays it's just to make it one more day. Others to laugh the past away. Cosmic and I had this convo late night on this run. The emotional Rollercoaster is my go to. I also go seeking nirvana. The so called place of no thought. Don't get there much, especially dancing in a crowd.

Another major reason I keep coming is all of you that have become such a big part of my life. That was the real reason to go to the peak this time. The music and dance made it that much better but getting to see too many friend to list both board members and not was very special. Saw a friend I hadn't seen in over 4 years.

Love you guys.

• Forum MVP

Amen brother!

My connection to this music is difficult to explain as it has so many facets. A huge part of the experience for me and likely many of you is the translation of the expresssion from the band into 'the dance.' That coupled with being able to share this expression with other people who share the same joy makes it that much sweeter. It really does ease a restless soul.

While I can't connect with this mothership nearly as often as I would like, it restores balance in my life and renews a unique energy when I do. I'm just a GD tweaker, boderline burnout who thought the ride was over but found a way to tap back into something that I realized I can't live without.

I owe DSO a huge debt of gratitude and appreciation for what they do and how well they do it. I also would not have had the ability to connect with so many fucking awesome people had it not been for the band and Taper Ron.

Cheers to everyone

:dsorocks:  :crewrocks:

• Forum MVP

Amen brother!

My connection to this music is difficult to explain as it has so many facets. ... 'the dance.' ... share this expression with others

I owe DSO a huge debt of gratitude and appreciation .... for the band and Taper Ron.

Cheers to everyone

:dsorocks:  :crewrocks:

Ahh...but Tea, you do explain it so well. I too owe the band and Ron a debt for twice helping save my life and bring me back to some what normal. I just wish I could physically get on the road again and see you all and dance through the night.

Peace and LOVE,

Doc

Why I go to shows? Hmmm, what else would I do with my millions?

This music has been a big part of my life since I was 14 years old not knowing at the time that this was the beginning of a lifelong spiritual journey that has transformed how I view the world. As the events of my life unfold the music and dance has brought me to new heights and understanding of a spiritual nature. Through dance at some point all time stops and everything that I think is so important loses its importance bringing the freedom I seek be it from others, society or self.

In my life I am exposed to or should say welcome the sick, confused, spiritually bankrupt that often are looking for a reason to live. When not at shows or fishing, through empathy, I try to bring hope to the hopeless, joy to the joyless and love to the loveless. This leaves a layer of indiscernible tarnish on my spirit, it slowly builds up… I can’t help but look at my life and see where I am fallible as a human being. While I accept and treasure these rude awakenings I still get another layer of tarnish. Dance allows for the shedding of the tarnish, this music and community brings love and joy to my heart and lightens my spirit.

The joy I feel when I see all the good people I have met over the years I think is what humans felt when they realized they can harness fire.

• Forum MVP

In the hotel, I said Cosmic had it going on.  I spoke very highly of him even with a degree of admiration.   In the eyes of society, he had succeeded more than anyone else the room.  You quietly said there are different forms of success.  I know that and I know in spite of your trails and tribulations you have achieved tremendous success.  You save lives.   Tarnish and all.  "Success" or lack thereof.  I think you are a truly great man and I feel fortunate to have met you.  

I will see you at the Jubilee.  We need you there.  

Archived