JITS 2016

Tea

• Forum MVP

I think you ask an impossible question. What experience are you seeking? I dance for 3 nights in jamaica harder than I will any night here in America. I'm there to dance that's primarily why I go to shows. If your looking for the 69 monster, you probably won't get it. Limited equipment limits what they will play. If your looking to see all your dark star buddies, most of them won't make it. It's just really tough to say. If you can honestly get the time off to do a full tour or at least 10 to 12 gigs on it, I would probably say go on tour. I know I miss it. If you're really only going to do 5 to 7 shows anyway, Id take Jamaica any day. Unrivaled dance experience although we will have to see what new resort has to offer.

I plan to go to jamaica and see 40 to 50 dso shows anyway. I won't let one necessarily dictate my ability to do the other. I'm sleeping in the car a bit this year. I hope that helps. Really is a tough call. Jamaica is a once in a,lifetime experience I've been fortunate enough to experience 3 times.

"drowned in your laughter and dead to the core"

• Forum MVP

It's funny about experience seeking. I'm really looking forward to kansas city. I will be very much an anonymous dancer there. Not a feeling I get much at DSO show anymore. It will be nice.

Middle of nowhere. And the the worst drive in the country is from from Denver to Kansas City. Nothingness the whole way. At least the roads are straight and traffic is light :).

You should have plenty of room to dance. KC likely has low head density. But since not much happens culturally there besides sports, people may make a point to attend.

• Forum MVP

My days of getting into shows with abandon are past me now.  I will never see 80 to 90 DSO shows and over 120 GD related concerts a year probably ever again, but boy do I miss those days.  "gone are the days..."

• Forum MVP

Rude breaking drive up with camping in Colorado near border.  1 day in KS. Stones and hotel.  2 more days KS camping.  Then DSO.  Spending a lot of time in one of my not so favorite places.  First place I got to observe with my eyes profiling was real, Bills of Rights a joke, and police power out of control.  Hopefully, I can avoid these things again.  I also learned more about how not to be profiled and how to protect myself if I am.  

• Forum MVP

Wear a tux and have Jenna don a wedding dress and have soda cans tied to a string behind your car with a just married sign as well as "Joe Arpaio for President" and "The Duggars were framed by the liberal media" bumper stickers. Oh and don't forget the Jesus fish sans "phish" inside of it.

That's the cop deterrent equivalent of wearing garlic to protect from vampires.

Wear a tux and have Jenna don a wedding dress and have soda cans tied to a string behind your car with a just married sign as well as "Joe Arpaio for President" and "The Duggars were framed by the liberal media" bumper stickers. Oh and don't forget the Jesus fish sans "phish" inside of it.

That's the cop deterrent equivalent of wearing garlic to protect from vampires.

GOLD !

• Forum MVP

I hear you. This year would be 4 days off minimum. You could take 5 and make it a 9 day trip but I don't think that sounds feasible for a teacher in January. I'm just poking fun and giving gentle encouragement to some.

Mason - Thanks for you response it helped.  I can get the time to follow the band around for 10 or twelve shows (I retire in a couple of weeks)  I will see you all out on the road.

I think you ask an impossible question. What experience are you seeking? I dance for 3 nights in jamaica harder than I will any night here in America. I'm there to dance that's primarily why I go to shows. If your looking for the 69 monster, you probably won't get it. Limited equipment limits what they will play. If your looking to see all your dark star buddies, most of them won't make it. It's just really tough to say. If you can honestly get the time off to do a full tour or at least 10 to 12 gigs on it, I would probably say go on tour. I know I miss it. If you're really only going to do 5 to 7 shows anyway, Id take Jamaica any day. Unrivaled dance experience although we will have to see what new resort has to offer.

I plan to go to jamaica and see 40 to 50 dso shows anyway. I won't let one necessarily dictate my ability to do the other. I'm sleeping in the car a bit this year. I hope that helps. Really is a tough call. Jamaica is a once in a,lifetime experience I've been fortunate enough to experience 3 times.

• Forum MVP

Rude breaking drive up with camping in Colorado near border.  1 day in KS. Stones and hotel.  2 more days KS camping.  Then DSO.  Spending a lot of time in one of my not so favorite places.  First place I got to observe with my eyes profiling was real, Bills of Rights a joke, and police power out of control.  Hopefully, I can avoid these things again.  I also learned more about how not to be profiled and how to protect myself if I am.  

Moving on down the Tarkio Road

Headed up to Crete, Nebraska

Trying my best to set the highway on fire

But my bicycle won't go no faster

Tarkio Road is a mother

It's just like, oh, so many others

Well, the children reject you

And the police inspect you

Looking inside the trunk

Under the hood, hoping to find

The secret places where you

Always keep your mind

Whoa, whoa, no, Tarkio Road

Abbie and Rubin lyin’ in jail

Learning about the price of bein’ free

Trying to live the constitutional life

And being held back by hypocrisy

Carry the load my brother

You're just like oh so many others

Who the children rejected

And the police inspected

You’re tied to the chair manacled bound and gagged

Is that your face on the American flag?

Woh–oh-no carry the load

I'm singing Tarkio, Tarkio Road

Tarkio, Tarkio Road

Tarkio, Tarkio Road

Tarkio, Tarkio Road

If you're lookin' for some trouble

You can find it on the Tarkio Road

• Forum MVP

Marshall law from my experience in the state of Arkansas, esp around the crystal mines, some of the most intense wilderness of the country lie in Arkansas, still best "to fly just below the radar yet above the paraquat." PR,..... "keep your head upon your neck, it's not too late for that, even though the winds of change have blown away your hat" RH------

Archived