Make a sandwich off the menu board

gr8fulpair

• Forum MVP

Franklins >> Tangled >> franklins.

Very complimentary rythms creating some high potential jam opportunities and segues. All while providing abundant fuel for the dance party.

Anyways,.... Curious what apples and oranges you guys think fit together well.

• Forum MVP

So after seeing the Ruben sandwich you just had to throw out some crazy combos.

Crpytical The Other One Dark Star St Stephen Eyes St Stephen The Eleven Dark Star The Other One Cryptical 

Could throw a NFA around it if you want but I think the way it stands would make for one insane set. 

• Forum MVP

Crpytical The Other One Dark Star St Stephen Eyes St Stephen The Eleven Dark Star The Other One Cryptical

Could throw a NFA around it if you want but I think the way it stands would make for one insane set.

Uhhhh, those aren't apples and oranges MC. Those are all cherries. You cherry pickin, Dagwood sandwich maker.. And I like it.

And yes, I had to do it.

• Forum MVP

love the quintessential pyramid of Playing in the Band> Uncle John's Band> Morning Dew> Uncle John's> Playing in the Band

https://archive.org/details/gd73-11-10.sbd.unknown.3290.sbeok.shnf

would be cool to hear a Shakedown> Let it Grow> Terrapin Station> Let it Grow> Shakedown

..full version of Terrapin and as dust settling after the terrapinFlyer.."WHAT SHALL WE SAY SHALL WE CALL IT BY A NAME" ..split up Shakedown sounds like a fun idea to me, with the extended middle jam it can easily be done, too

i remember way back when DSO split up a Throwing Stones it sparked a thread similar to this one that produced some awesome combos of songs 

• Forum MVP

Uhhhh, those aren't apples and oranges MC. Those are all cherries. You cherry pickin, Dagwood sandwich maker.. And I like it.

And yes, I had to do it.

• Forum MVP

Terrapin > Dark Star > The Eleven > Playin > UJB > Drums > UJB > Playin > The Eleven > Dark Star >Terrapin.  Probably cap that with a Dew > WBYGN encore.  Wouldn't leave much for Eaton - sorry buddy. 

They could always play 1/8/78 the next night to make up for it

https://archive.org/details/gd78-01-08.sbd.weiner.14670.sbeok.shnf

Strong thread :)

• Forum MVP

Cryptical>Half Step>Other one>Cryptical

Helpslip, I believe, is referring to the Throwin>Viola Lee>Stones from several years ago. I was at that show and it was fantastic! Followed by a Tangled encore if I am not mistaken.

*Bonus Points for anyone who knows where this NFA sandwich was played...

NFA > U.S. Blues, Greatest Story Ever Told, Run for the Roses, Mama Tried > Sittin' on Top of the World, Cassidy, Mr. Charile, Tennessee Jed, I need a Miracle > Shakedown Street > Drums > Alligator > Attics of my Life > NFA

• Forum MVP

NFA > U.S. Blues, Greatest Story Ever Told, Run for the Roses, Mama Tried > Sittin' on Top of the World, Cassidy, Mr. Charile, Tennessee Jed, I need a Miracle > Shakedown Street > Drums > Alligator > Attics of my Life > NFA

Hmmm.  Obviously a 1set festy....JK era....

No clue without cheating :)

• Forum MVP

pretty sure this is Bonnaroo 08 .. ? 

remember reading this on forums just couple weeks after seeing their 1:30-4am MountainJam 1 set ..and remember thinking how good they were at coming up with 1 set festival setlists...was a stretch of 8 shows in 11 days for me ..New Brunswick through Reading, missed only first night Higher ground (2nd night Higher Ground though was only show i have ever done with my uncle Chris, truly only the two of us, and they opened show Cold Rain Me&My Uncle, we had an awesome moment!)

adding Cats Under the Stars> Harder they Come> Cats Under the Stars to thread

Bingo!  They opened up the festival Thurs. night and blew the roof off the tent.  Awesome show that set the stage for a good weekend.  They ended up playing another short set later in the festival, I believe it was a JGB setlist.  Finally found which stage they were at as they were finishing their encore.

Archived