College football 2016

Rude

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

CFP failed us not the Big 10. CFP decided that the recruiting 300 record was more important than what you do in the field. They decided that OSU simply had too much more talent to be left out of the playoff even though they didn't win the conference

Penn State was the best team in the Big 10. They beat OSU and they won the conference. They should have been in the playoff. Clemson probably still wins but penn state would've had too much pride to get shut out. Lots of times these super talented kids think this game is won on talent alone. Even with a month to prepare OSU simply didn't show up. Took the night off. That's reflective of poor individual character of the players and poor coaching. They were not prepared.

• Forum MVP

Lmao at penn state being best team. They played 2 top 25 teams all regular season. Lost by 40 in 1. OSU gave them their only ranked team win. Penn state is 10 point underdogs to USC. Penn state was a 2 loss team. OSU 1 loss plus played a real non conference team in Oklahoma. Penn state is a little better than 3 loss Nebraska. They both are products of weak sauce schedule. Nebraska was 9-3 and didn't beat a team with a winning record. 9 wins vs teams who didn't have a winning record and they got smoked when they played any decent team. I wanted penn state vs auburn. But the Rose bowl precluded that. Auburn would have a better matchup with auburn prob only favored by 7.

• Forum MVP

USC was better than Ohio st too. I'm not really arguing psu is top 4. Ohio st clearly was not. I think psu should've been rewarded for winning conference and beating OSU heads up. Turns out Ohio st and Michigan both not as good as they thought. Psu was a better team. I will stick by that. I don't think you can really argue that. If two teams are close, committiee should go to head up and conference title. Not how many espn 300 kids we got. Psu gives clemson a better game. Do you disagree with that?

• Forum MVP

I don't think Alabama will lose to Clemson. I know they will play them a better game. I know OSU fans love their team. Love and fandom can blind one to reality. Reality is many teams played clemson better. Getting shut out is embarrassing. They wouldn't look nearly as bad even if score was 31 to 10. Even Washington pulled off a score on Alabama who's defense is far superior to Clemson.

• Forum MVP

I believe the authenticity Dabo Sweeney emotes is the secret to Clemson success. He coaches with heart.

Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness,

Where the Tigers play,

Here the sons of dear old Clemson

Reign supreme alway.

Dear old Clemson we will triumph,

And with all our might,

That the Tiger's roar may echo

O'er the mountain height.

Way to go Tigers !!

• Forum MVP

Btw I think this year was a year the ole bcs system would've worked just fine. Maybe they mess with the computers to get bama and OSU for money reasons but pretty sure we would have got clemson Alabama. Washington and OSU have more in common with psu, Oklahoma, USC, etc then they do with Alabama and clemson.

• Forum MVP

once again your babbling of reasons defending the SEC and bashing the BigTen cements your lack of reality and as well as your total lack of knowledge and being able to rate teams and coaches in a unbiased way ...

In no way shape or form do I babble and bang the drum of the BigTen ... I simply state that the SEC is average with average coaches with one real good team in Alabama ... the same can be said for every other conference including said BigTen

stop rambling about recruiting classes. ... because more than half off the top 300 recruits are thugs and not team chemistry players which significantly plays a role in the teams on field performance and overall record ... Urban Meyer learned that lesson at Florida the hard way ...

Ohio State recruiting yes is top level but under his guidance in the 5 years in Columbus he has proven he no longer allows the players to act above the law if they expect to play in front of 108,000 fans in Ohio Stadium...

and by no means am I saying Ohio State is the poster program off all good ... just like every power program the players are driving nice cars etc. - but if you get caught with a gun and drugs in your car you are gone ..or of you punch a girl in the face- can't say that about Alabama & Oklahoma among others ... Carlos Hyde, an NFL talent, was suspended by Urban Meyer for multiple games because a girl just accused him of hitting her - proven totally false but the suspension was served - just one example

I will also add facts prove the overall academic standards at BigTen universities tower over the SEC schools thus making acceptance of a possible recruit more of a challenge...

Top 6 teams in big ten 1-5 with the only win of the top 6 over western Michigan. Versus the SEC the big ten was 0-2 and both were dominations.

And don't act like OSU is any different than any other school. The only difference is they destroy kids themselves being vengeful. Don't mess with the AD of OSU and if you want to go to a funeral better make sure the friend that died has a clean record.

Sec best 6 are 5-0 so far with the auburn v Oklahoma game in progress.

• Forum MVP

Ohio St. and Iowa laid and egg, but PSU and Michigan both had good opportunities to win and lost close ones on the road (much as it hurts to say that). The Big 10 didn't do as bad as the record may seem and they certainly had the most difficult bowl schedule. As a college football fan, I am really looking forward to the title game. Clemson and Alabama are clearly the 2 best teams this year.

• Forum MVP

Clemson is finally playing how they were expected to play from game 1. Unstoppable offense vs immovable defense. Should be fun. Without Kiffin, Bama will go back to being a run 1st team vs acting like Hurts is a 70% completion QB which he isn't. The kid makes a good throw then the next misses by 5 yards and when he gets cold, kiffin throws all 3 downs like an idiot. Bama needs to pound pound pound with their 2 elite RBs.

My prediction next year is that if Bama doesn't redshirt this freshman incoming duel threat QB, that Hurts will be the backup. This Somoan kid is a true duel threat. He's mostly a runner, but that's what Bama needs to compliment their defense. Kid has heart but then when have you not seen a somoan player that didn't play all out. Hurts isn't consistent enough to ever be a true star. Time doesn't always make a QB accurate, i.e. Tennessees OSO and LSU's duel threat qbs.

• Forum MVP

Psu played their hearts out. No quit in that team. I take this year psu team over this year OSU team any day of the week. Neither were really in the top 4 but you have to earn that. Oklahoma and USC both messed up early and couldn't do enough to recover. I have both of them as top 4 teams but of course I have the hindsite of the bowl games.

• Forum MVP

Penn State played great on offense. That RB was an absolute beast. The issue is defense. With lesser defensive talent, I don't really respect them. OSU made it 11-1 on pure defensive and skill position talent. That QB needs to go. Auburn, LSU and Florida all have top tier defensive talent but sucky qbs. Bama has such elite defense they barely need a QB. A team like USC is about to have both next year. Sec had a down QB year this year. Too many elite defenses in the league to have a crap QB. Sec is getting loaded with QBs. U have to have one to compete regardless if you have an NFL defense. Look at auburn. Besides the fact i don't know if I saw a more in control QB against blitz like mayfield was, auburn could do nothing on offense after White broke his arm. Penn state has a solid QB and running back coming in but if they play more than 2-3 decent teams all year their defense will lose several. Penn state had 3 losses playing 4 ranked teams all year. How are they top 4 again?

Archived