College football 2016

Rude

• Forum MVP

Auburn proves again they are average ..

barely survived against Vanderbilt... to say they are better than Wisconsin is plainly a statement with zero merit ...

Texas A&M proves they are average as well ...a loss to Mississippi State...

Florida loses big to a well below average Arkansas team ...

the SEC is an average conference with average teams average coaches except for Alabama...

3 big games tonight will determine who is for real ..

Iowa @ Penn State

Alabama @ LSU

Nebraska @ Ohio State

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I'm with you Matt a lot mediocrity in the SEC. I guess I should say above average teams but fairly average in the power 5 conferences. I see ACC SEC and Big 10 very close in level and quality of play.

Lamar Jackson is a scary player. I hope it works out so he gets to shine in the playoffs.

• Forum MVP

OSU looked awesome. They are THE jeckyl and hire team. Barely beat northwestern then beat Nebraska by 60. For the 1st time ever I rooted for OSU. I didn't want to have another playoff debacle like last year where a scrub snuck in. Now it will be Michigan or OSU and we can wave goodbye to Nebraska.

Bama had a defense that allowed 8.7 pts a game a few years ago that was one of the best ever. Is this D better?? They have likely 4 1st rounders on this D. That's sick. If you kept that defense together, in 2-3 yrs they would be the NFLs best.

You can't say auburn is average b/c their QB was hurt amd not say OSU is average after beating northwestern in Columbus by 4. Without Shaun White, Auburn is prob 30th or so. The only not average team by your reasoning is Bama. There are 130 D1 teams. Average is 65th. UK is an average team by statistics.

• Forum MVP

injuries are part of the game every team....that is not an excuse... has them Auburn coach chose not to start his quarterback he put him in the second half so don't tell me he was injured...

and yes is a lot of average teams in this country

Ok then by your reasoning Ohio state is average barely beating a bad team in northwestern. Here's the difference b/t you and me. I don't make assumptions based on 1 game. I stilll said OSU was elite after they barely beat northwestern. U say auburn is average after 1 bad game when they were beating everyone by huge margins until their QB goes down. U are hypocritical. I said Nebraska was a bad team b/c they had 5 games within 2 scores vs the worst the big ten has to offer. I look for long term patterns. I don't use 1 game to try to prove a point then refuse to acknowledge that faulty reasoning when it comes to my team.

On another note, I think this year will be a heisman blowout. Louisvilles QB is just ridiculous. With 3 games left, he's 3 TDs from Deshaun Watson's ACC TD record. He's going to set an evil TD mark. He will prob account for at least 6 against UK. Mark Stoops likely saved his job unfortunately. I think he's a suck coach but now there won't be that hard decision on a $12mil buyout as we took big budget cuts. Les miles would fit in good at Kentucky. We have a tradition of winning. Yes it's in basketball but we have a football tradition of at least 2-3 bowl games a decade. Not too shabby.

• Forum MVP

You did have the glory years in the late 40's and early 50's and a pretty good team in 77'. How about that running back at Texas, he's making a late push with some crazy numbers. The Louisville QB doesn't have any marquee games down the stretch, so it is still possible for someone to make a push, but he is definitely the favorite right now

• Forum MVP

correct... right now Ohio State is average ... they are a very inconsistent team... your theory is wrong. . I can admit when my team is not clicking .. you on the other hand have a man crush on Alabama the top 300 recruits who go to SEC schools and the SEC in general ... root for your Kentucky team stop being the poster boy for the SEC. .. you dont wear it well ...

so your point is what ? .. the same point you make over and over and over ...which is the SEC is tits !!! .. but sadly a bunch of ho hum teams who cant seem to beat Alabama who wins the conference year after year ...

• Forum MVP

I did manage to stay up to watch the first half of the Washington v. Cal game Saturday night and they look pretty solid. I will wait to see how they look against USC this weekend before proclaiming them a contender.

• Forum MVP

Bentley in SC starts last two games for the Gamecocks and looks like a very very young Brett Farvre or Steve young. He was a junior in high school last year. Fucker ain't even shaving yet. So smart he skipped sr year. His play turned the team chemistry around to rally town, and a win over TN. They went to him from a run/scramble qb with below average passing skills. High IQ and above avg athleticism beats low IQ and high athleticism most every time.

I'm really impressed with the direction this Gamecock team is taking. I think we have the nucleus for a return to winning form, and I could not be more excited.

Our true freshman QB looks great! Apparently he is attracting all kinds of interest from high school players who want to come play with him.

Let's Go Gamecocks!!

• Forum MVP

South Carolina has looked a lot better recently, I would not be shocked if they won at Florida. Here is how I think the committee will rank the teams tonight:

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Michigan

4. Washington

5. Ohio St.

6. Louisville

7. Wisconsin

8. Auburn

9. Penn St.

10. Oklahoma

These are the only teams that still have a chance to make the playoff, the only other team that may have a chance with a lot of chaos would be Colorado running the table but they would need a lot of help.

• Forum MVP

Pretty much as expected last night, although I am surprised A&M didn't drop further. The only thing that scares me is what happens to Ohio St. if Iowa happens to knock off Michigan Saturday, that would really mess things up in the Big Ten

• Forum MVP

Pretty much as expected last night, although I am surprised A&M didn't drop further. The only thing that scares me is what happens to Ohio St. if Iowa happens to knock off Michigan Saturday, that would really mess things up in the Big Ten

Iowa beat Michigan? Serious? Michigan should be a 20pt favorite. Ain't happening

Archived