College football 2016

Rude

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

actually not as bad as you would think for Ohio State ... here are the scenarios:

1. If Penn State & Ohio State wins out and Michigan only lose is to Ohio State ...it ends in a 3 way tie with Ohio State going to Big Ten Championship game based on win over Michigan and better overall record than Penn State.

2. Penn State gets a 2nd conference loss than Buckeyes win out and in ..

with that said Ohio State not playing well and still have some tough games ahead. ..

• Forum MVP

lsu may win out. Bamas d against A&M was one of the most dominant displays I've ever seen. LSU in the 2nd half was better. Without les miles LSU is playing like crazy men. Plus they have an actual QB now. That was 1st change post miles. LSU has had top 5 talent every class. They showed it last night. I may have to make a stupid shirt because LSU may win the west. They are legit.

And mc if you actually think Nebraska is a legit playoff team I feel sorry for your analytical skills. What in their resume makes them look better than a Boise state? Nebraska is 100% a product of cupcakes and barely beating them. Nebraska would be a 16 point dog to Ohio state. We don't neee another Michigan state in who will be a 14 point dog. There are 4 teams who would be within a 3-4pt spread. That's the playoff we need. Either Michigan or Ohio state needs 1 spot. SEC west/conference winner, ACC winner and Washington. If Washington drops then we start looking deeper. But 3 spots are locked with conference winners.

• Forum MVP

actually not as bad as you would think for Ohio State ... here are the scenarios:

1. If Penn State & Ohio State wins out and Michigan only lose is to Ohio State ...it ends in a 3 way tie with Ohio State going to Big Ten Championship game based on win over Michigan and better overall record than Penn State.

2. Penn State gets a 2nd conference loss than Buckeyes win out and in ..

with that said Ohio State not playing well and still have some tough games ahead. ..

Ohio state is in if they win out.  Penn state will be destroyed by Michigan.  A 1 conference loss penn state aint happenin.  No one in the other division can hold Ohio State or Michigans jock strap with the exception of Wisconsin and they were unlucky enough to draw Michigan from the other side and will probably not win their division even though I think wisconsin will beat nebraska and should be favored by at least 6 over them. 

I still think Ohio state will beat michigan and take the playoff spot.  Louisville is 1 team that no one wants in the playoffs.  That QB is a freaking olympic sprinter.  This year could be a year with some controversy.  Michigan could be 1 loss and denied(to be fair their schedule was bad and they have to go undefeated), Louisville could have 1 loss and denied(tougher schedule), and we could get some weak Big 12 team in.  Baylor and WVU hover around 20th in the FPI. 

Lets compare Auburn to Nebraska.  Auburn lost to 2 real top 10 teams in clemson and A&M.  They beat LSU.  They Beat Arkansas by 40+.  Beat Miss St by 24.  Beat their 2 scub games non con by 40+.  They are elite.  Nebraska in their last 5 games has not beat any of these opponents by more than 2 scores.  Illinois, Indiana, Northwestern, Oregon and Purdue.  Thats a bunch of teams who will fight for a 6-6 record to get a Dec 20th bowl game and you are barely winning.  To be fair Nebraska is a true ranking of around 26 so they shouldnt have beaten those teams by more than they did.  And of course the AP poll has them 7th.  Its nonsense.  AP rarely takes actual play into consideration.  I see another Iowa situation this year but unlike Iowa, Nebraska cant avoid both Michigan and Ohio State.  It will be funny if Ohio state is ranked AP lower than Nebraska and once Ohio state wins by 30, the announcers call it an upset LOL.  I actually heard them last year say Tennessee beating Northwestern was an upset because of the 12 vs 25 ranking. 

• Forum MVP

It will be hard to pull for Michigan, but we now need them to be undefeated when we play or we are in trouble with the tiebreaker. Imagine if OSU runs the table and Michigan St. knocks off Michigan? Throw in an LSU running the table and you could have tOSU and Alabama both with a loss and not in their Conference championship games. Definitely chaos

• Forum MVP

1. Penn State already lost to Michigan

2. At this point Auburn has 2 losses and wins against average teams as the SEC is average other than Alabama ... Nebraska has zero losses .. .a win is a win a loss is a loss.. end of discussion

So losing to 2 top 10 is the same as beating scubs.  Thats solid logic.  So now teams should avoid non conference games of any significance or maybe just join the big ten. 

I didnt rag ohio state for losing to a scrub.  Not sure why I didnt.  Teams lose.  But considering Ohio state lost to a team they were favored by 3 scores, they deserve some ragging.  I know you arent in Bamas league and you know the rest of your conference isnt either.  Auburn would be a 10 point favorite over nebraska.  I so so so hope nebraska gets to play even a scrub SEC team in the bowl games so they can be exposed just like the big ten was exposed last year.

• Forum MVP

you can rag on Ohio State all you want it doesn't bother me...you just babble and babble about how good the SEC is and it gets old.....I almost always just scroll through your posts in this case your logic on Auburn does not make sense Texas A&M is average... it is an average conference with average coaching and one real real good team with a real real good coach

• Forum MVP

LOL if the SEC is average what are the other conferences?  I get you hate the SEC.  You should hate them.  Year after year they take 60% of the 5-star athletes.  OF the 5 major conferences plus all the mid majors, the SEC takes over half of the top 25 athletes almost every year.  That would piss me off too.  They beat Ohio state I believe 8 straight years in bowl games until they broke the streak in 2011 vs arkansas.  They have 10 of the top 20 recruiting classes every year.  They have the best coaches, the best facilities, the biggest stadiums, the highest attendance and the biggest budgets.  If you are not an SEC fan you should hate them just like people hate the ACC in basketball.  But to say the SEC is average is just silly.  And the Big ten isnt even the 2nd best conference.  The ACC is way stronger this year.  And its debatable top to bottom if the Big ten is better than the Pac 12.  Id likely put the Big 10 3rd.  Last year after all the exact same nonsense talk, the SEC set another record by winning 9 bowl games.  This year they scheduled a ridiculous non conference schedule including 2 games vs clemson.  They arent afraid to play a better team.  Just those 2 clemson games are harder than anything the big 10 has played in years.  Ohio State and Wisconsin were the only 2 teams that scheduled a game worth watching non conference.  How many Big 10 games are big games?  How many real games does Ohio state have? Michigan has 2-3 watchable games the entire year.  Serious.  Thats ridiculous.  Bama had USC, Auburn, Tennessee, LSU, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Ole Miss. Michigan has Colorado, Wisconsin, Penn State and Ohio State.  Oh I forgot, Michigan State.  You know that undefeated powerhouse last year that wasnt deserving of the playoff spot and they made it because of a cupcake schedule.  Did bama beating them by 40 just destroy their heart or was it you can only keep winning 3 point games for so long vs teams like rutgers before you get exposed. 

You are starting to sound like a trump supporter spouting nonsense while avoiding any facts with the comments.  The ESPN FPI poll is rigged!!!  Well they still have ohio state 4th so it may be.  But it also has 5 of the top 11 teams from the SEC.  5 of the top 11.  Let that sink in.  tell me how average the SEC is.  When 5 SEC teams would be at least a touchdown favorite over Nebraska, all I see is nonsense with the AP.  Nebraska is not good.  They are average.  Nebraska has not played a team better than 45th ranked this year.  No one in the top 6 of the SEC West has lost to a team that low ranked so by normal reasoniing, every top SEC west team would be undefeated with Nebraskas schedule.

This has become the year of throwing facts out the window so this isnt surprising.  Drops mic.  No longer responding to nonsense.

• Forum MVP

LOL if the SEC is average what are the other conferences? .....   But it also has 5 of the top 11 teams from the SEC.  5 of the top 11.  Let that sink in. ...

I think Teach must have meant that this year is just an average year for the SEC.  They're always on top.

• Forum MVP

I would say that the SEC does not have any teams as bad as Rutgers, Purdue and Illinois but they have a lot of mediocre teams this year. Kentucky has a decent shot of finishing with a winning record in Conference play this year and they are not very good, which tells you something. I keep waiting for the SEC east to get it's act together, but it keeps getting worse. Nice to see UK pick up the first win by the east over the west last weekend even if it was on a late field goal at home against Mississippi ST.

• Forum MVP

I would like to add ....

that I cheer for the home state team I grew up in..

I cheer for the school that many of my family attended ....

I cheer for the team that I have seen at Ohio Stadium since my 1st game in 1975 as a 7 year old with Woody Hayes as the coach and Archie Griffin as TB..

I wish you would just pick a freaking team ... be a front runner and pick Alabama.. but shut up with the SEC shit ...

finally I never said I hate the SEC like you say and the biggest 3 stadiums in college football are in the Big 10 ... Michigan Stadium 110,000 Beaver Stadium 107,000 and Ohio Stadium 106,000

• Forum MVP

It is becoming clearer as each Saturday passes

each of the following conferences has one very good team:

Big Ten - Michigan

SEC - Alabama

Pac 12 - Washington

every other conference and teams are average ... yes average ...

fighting for that 4th playoff spot starts with Clemson ...with Louisville Ohio State as the only other realistic options at this date ...

still lots of football to be played but there is nothing that proves any other team is worthy at this point of being called playoff caliber ..

• Forum MVP

Clemson deserves the playoff spot right now. It's been ugly but they still undefeated. Beat Louisville and beat FSU.

Ohio St was underwhelming following their loss. Things still set up for them to get in with a win over Michigan but they aren't playing playoff level football right now.

• Forum MVP

I agree with Matt's list but would add Texas A&M having a shot. Florida could get there if they ran the table, but I don't see that happening with their remaining schedule. At this point I think that Alabama and Michigan are the only 2 teams that could potentially lose a game and still get in the playoff, everyone else needs to win out unless things get real crazy with upsets all over.

• Forum MVP

My only prediction: auburn wins out and beats bama. I think they are currently the 2nd best team in the nation to bama. Auburn would then win the west and screw up the playoffs. Could u really keep bama out? They are hands down the best team, dominant each week vs good teams. But then you have a team who only lost to Clemson at Clemson before auburn was even using this new QB and at A&M. Regardless u don't want to play auburn right now.

If you laugh about auburn know that they have over the last 4 years gotten as good talent as anyone not named bama and are consistently top 5 in talent. And now it's coming together with 5 straight dominant wins. Bama will have a real test last game of season. Should be good.

• Forum MVP

Clemson won at Auburn. They could be the fly in the eye if the SEC and are playing well right now, but I don't think they win at Alabama. Still a lot to play out and every week will thin the herd. Don't be surprised if Washington losses at Cal this week.

• Forum MVP

Auburn is a completely different team like LSU. Both have different qbs. And both qbs are solid. Bama will not beat LSU and auburn. Won't happen. Too much athleticism. 1 or both get them.

The difference in auburn and LSU is offense. Both had none before the switch. Now both explosive

• Forum MVP

Totally agree, still waiting for that light to go off for my Buckeyes. I feel like they can make a run for it with their talent if they can get it figured out. Next year should be their year, but so was last and one loss doomed their chances. Would enjoy seeing that happen to Alabama this year, although I really would like to see the best 4 play unlike last year.

• Forum MVP

Buckeyes have it too. They just neee to discover it. They have talent like bama LSU and auburn with ridiculous speed. Not sure what has happened to them last 2 weeks. And why were they so mediocre last year with zeke? That dude is badass. U guys just need a QB. That's all u have lacked last couple years. Next year u have a monster class. Don't know if u have researched but OSU has 8 of top 50 prospects signed. That's serious talent incoming. Bama has the 1,4, and 7th ranked players but OSU has 8 of top 50. Will be some good playoff battles. I think OSU and bama need to play each other week 2 every year. Now that would be fun.

Archived