College football 2016

Rude

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

lol why would sec fans be irate with penn state getting the 4 spot. It will be another Michigan state for bama to humiliate. Penn state lost to Michigan by 39. They are a product of playing only 2 ranked teams all year. They avoided any decent west team and still had 2 losses. They have 7/12 games vs teams not in the top 60. If they got in over Michigan it would be a travesty. Michigan and Ohio state are ranked 2,3 in FPI. I have no problem with both of them getting in but penn State isn't deserving.

• Forum MVP

Alabama would love to see Penn St. or Wisconsin in the 4 seed, they do not want to see Ohio St. or Clemson.

Bama def doesnt want OSU 1st game.  Clemson's defense is much weaker this year and their offense isnt even close to what it was last.  OSU is off currently, but with a month to recoup they have the elite talent that can beat bama.  I dont think anyone else has the talent to take them.  Ive watched several games where Bama sucked and they still won by 30.  When Bamas offense is horrible their defense plays at a higher level.  That defense would give me nightmares as an offensive coordinator.

Even if Michigan loses and penn state wins the division, Michigan still has a MUCH better resume than Penn State.  Note that Michigan beat Penn State by 39!!!  Penn state is a product of a bad schedule.  They are 1-2 vs top 30 teams.  That win over OSU was OSU playing how they did vs Michigan state last year.  Penn state didnt win that game.  OSU lost it.  And Im going back to head to head.  Michigan won their head to head game by 39!!!

Lets compare Michigan to Penn state.

Michigan has wins over FPI 12, 13, and 17 ranked teams including beatdowns vs the 12 Colorado and the 17 Penn State.  Penn State beat FPI 2 OSU and their next best win is 31 iowa and 44 temple.  And if we have 2 2 loss teams michigan beat them by 39 and in the computer polls michigan is 3rd and Penn state 17.  Wisconsin also has a much better resume than Penn state with only 2 losses vs Michigan and OSU including wins over top 10 FPI LSU(LSU hasnt lost by more than 10 and that was to bama).  If a team can be beat by 39, they are NOT elite.  A playoff team should not have been beaten by 39.  Even if Penn state wins and beats wisconsin, Michigan still has a better resume with a better non con schedule plus they played Nebraska giving them 2 games harder than Penn state plus the head to head win.  If Penn state snuck in, I'd be surprised if Bama beat them by less than 30.

The other teams with losses contending for playoff spots, OSU, Michigan and Clemson lost their games by 3, 1, and 1 points respectively.  Penn state lost by 39 in 1 of their 2 losses.

My playoff is as follows regardless of rest of season

1 Bama

2 OSU/michigan

3 osu/michigan

4.  Clemson

Washington played the 113 ranked FPI rutgers as their "hard" non con game.  I look at them as a 2 loss team with a weak schedule. 

Wisconsin played the 2 elite BIg ten teams plus they played Nebraska giving them 1 more potential pitfall game than Penn state had and their non con was a MUCH more dangerous LSU and they stayed within OSU and Michigan by 7 points. Wisconsin easily wins the head to head comparison with PSU.

Thats how it should be to have the 4 best teams.  Let Clemson and Bama have the rematch from last year that everyone wants to see, then let Bama and OSU play for the championship.  Urban meyer isnt great getting ready week to week, but give him a month and there may be no one better.

Another Metric, Game score through espns FPI lists a score for each game which is based on game control, offense, defense, strength of opponent, location etc.  All top 4 bama mich osu and clemsons' s worst game score is better than 4 of penn states 11 game scores.  Penn state has 4 games worse than any game that any of the top 4 have had.  Everything points to a ridiculously overrated Penn state.

• Forum MVP

Do you think that the playoff should be expanded or remain as is? I am not a big fan of expansion because I think there are usually no more than 4 teams with a legitimate claim. I think going to 8 teams would be unfair to the top team(s) because the 7-8 seeds are likely to be teams that are hot at the end and would likely be more difficult opponents than those in the 4-6 range. I could see expanding to 6 teams with the top 2 getting byes into the final 4 with the other 4 playing at the home of the higher seeded team 2 weeks after the conference championship games, but no more.

• Forum MVP

This isn't a true playoff. This is expanded bowl games. Pro sports and college hoops have a true playoff.

I want 6 teams. 2 top get a bye. All 5 conferences plus at large team non power 5

• Forum MVP

Having 1 from each conference will eliminate the need for debate about schedules and conference strength. Then there will just be conference infighting when an OSU can legitimately complain that penn state didn't have to play Wisconsin or Nebraska to win the division.

• Forum MVP

I could live with 6 in that scenario, but I don't think I would want all conference champs guaranteed a spot. I don't like the possibility of a 3 or 4 loss team from a bad division that happens to win the championship game.

• Forum MVP

I could live with 6 in that scenario, but I don't think I would want all conference champs guaranteed a spot. I don't like the possibility of a 3 or 4 loss team from a bad division that happens to win the championship game.

Again then it goes back to arguing strength of conference. Winner of conference gets in. Remember the old big east basketball conference. There was major carnage as they had I think 10-12 ranked at one point. If you add stipulations then it will be the same thing.

• Forum MVP

I understand if most of you don't care but I've just got to mention that my Georgia tech Yellow Jackets beat the Georgia Bulldogs by coming from behind with two more touchdowns in the forth quarter, the last coming with 30 seconds on the clock. It was an exciting game, well played by both teams.

Peace and Love for all fans

Doc.

• Forum MVP

Congratulations Doc, nice win for your guys, maybe Johnson will keep his job. Big win for Rude's Wildcats over rival Louisville as well.

I thought Barrett clearly had the first down, he only needed the 15 and the blocker he ran into to stop his progress was beyond that. Of course I'm a biased Ohio St. fan, but there was no way to change the ruling on the field.

• Forum MVP

I'm sure I will get a couple more views. It was close. They could have called it either way. I still think he was short. Refs helped Ohio st. If you can't see that, your blinded by your fandom. How do you explain the no call pass interference on michigans drive? Really seems NCAA wanted Ohio st.

Doc, Georgia sucked this year. Part of a weaken SEC.

• Forum MVP

I agreed on the 1st down. Call stands. At most he could have been a few inches short but absolutely no definitive proof and u can't overturn anything besides a TD over a couple inches.

Poorly played game. We commented whoever wants the game least will be the deciding factor. Idiot harbaugh with bonehead play calling in the end zone. Then urban called a fake punt at the 20?? What? I commented to my buddy Dave, "I bet Matt is cursing urban as we speak". Against one of the nations best defense at your own 15 needing 7 yards, you fake it?? We were commenting how 2 straight years Urban's play calling was going to kill OSU. Luckily for the best playoff possible, Michigan wanted the game less. OSU needs to put their entire recruiting focus on a QB. This guy is not the guy. Next year OSU has 8 of the top 50 recruits already committed which is a MONSTER class. They just need a better QB. Bama close behind with 2 of the top 3 players committed including the number 1. Recruiting is 80% of elite college football. OSU has been living off talent last 2 years. If urban gets it together and up the coaching part, OSU could overtake bama in the top spot or if nothing else those 2 will be undisputed 1/2 with a toss up game.

I also am starting to have a problem with Lane kiffin. Well to be more accurate I've had an issue with him all year. Bama hasn't allowed an offensive TD all month of November and u have a freshman QB who can be completely shaky throw 26 times of the 44 total plays in the 1st half. Kiffin calls every game the same regardless how the QB is playing. It's insane. When your QB can't get it within 2 yards of a receiver and has thrown 2 ints, you have him throw 3 straight downs next possession? Wtf. 2md half Saban let kiffin know that bama will be a run 1st team and the game turned around. All bama has to do IMO to win it all is not commit any turnovers. They will score some. Their defense is the best bama D I've seen since they allowed less than 100 points in a whole season and that was a pre advanced passing era.

Louisville showed in the last few weeks that lack of deep talent eventually catches up with you. Their starting units early in the year were great both sides of the ball. I didn't buy the defensive hype thoigh as I know their recruiting. Lose a few players here and there and a few others get beat up some anf thise 2nd level players are unfortunately on the field. It's how UK has started many seasons 4-1 or 5-1 then collapse late. The backups are equivalent of D2 starters and that won't cut it.

Jackson wins the heisman regardless. The field is so weak this year that Bamas QB is 5 in espns voting. 2 Oklahoma players in the top 5. Weak year. Jackson wins in a blowout. Never saw a QB who could run like that. Wonder how he will be utilized in the NFL. He's worth a shot at WR with 2-3 plays a game at wildcat. Unlike KY's guys running wildcat you would actually have to respect him passing. It would drive defenses crazy if you had your QB go out wide for 2-3 plays a game.

Sorry Chris. Clemson was ready to play last night. Not sure if any team in the country could have bested Clemson last night. They were about as perfect in their execution as possible. Almost a perfect game. I had to turn it off but looked like they finished how they started. If nothing else you had more free time unless you tortured yourself watching the whole game lol. Please tell me u didn't ;)

• Forum MVP

To be honest, when I first saw it in didn't even think it was close, then on replay I could see that it was. I would definitely be upset if they had called him short. The irony is, we wouldn't have even gone for it if we had faith in our kicker. We got a break by not having a PI flag thrown in OT but there were a lot of missed calls, I don't think TTUN was flagged for holding once

Archived