3. Clemson

4. Michigan

5. Washington

6. Wisconsin

7. Penn St.

8. Colorado

9. Oklahoma

10. Ok. St.

Alabama and Ohio St. are already locks for the playoff, Washington and Clemson are in if they win. If one or both lose they start to compare all of the 2 loss champs.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Ohio state not being in the championship is the best thing to happen to them. No one gives a crap about conference championships anyway. In hoops teams almost want to lose early to have more rest before tourney time.

If I'm bama I want to play Michigan. Horrible matchup for Michigan. Their offense isn't dynamic enough to score. To be fair no one has scored a TD on bama this month but Ohio state or Clemson are only ones that have the ability to score. Clemsons D won't be able to stop bama evough. Only OSU is a challenge IMO.

• Forum MVP

I think Michigan's defense would give Alabama trouble, probably a low scoring game like the LSU/Alabama game. Barring upsets this weekend, I expect them to pair Alabama and Clemson in the Peach Bowl and Ohio St. v. Washington in the Fiesta. If Washington and/or Clemson lose it will get real interesting. I have a hard time believing they would take Michigan and have 2 at large Big 10 teams in over the Conference champ, but we shall see.

• Forum MVP

Michigan is toast.
While referees certainly didn't help their cause v. OSU,  Michigan had more than a few chances to win that game. Outside of the 4th and goal late, they simply did not finish.
I like Harbaugh but he sure didn't lose with class - handled it like an assclown to be blunt.

• Forum MVP

To blame the refs for his horrible play calling was idiotic.  Up 10, he should have been like what's a pass?  All I know is run run run punt or run run run run run run punt.  That int was the turning point and he should have kept playing the field position game.  Your play calling lost the game.  OSU was just going to hand you the game with their bad play calling but you had to 1 up them.  And then after the bad play call to get that 15yd penalty to give OSU the ball at the 4 assured the TD.  That was you all you Harbaugh.  Maybe he is trying to deflect as his 15yd penalty for throwing the clipboard on the field was the turning point of the game.  Before that, OSU could do nothing.  After that they had life and Michigans D no longer had the comfort of a 2 score lead.  OSU also needs to find a new QB.  That kid's not the future.

• Forum MVP

Barrett seems to struggle in the cold weather games later in the year. Ohio St. kept the play calling conservative in the first half when they were locked into bad field position. I thought one of the biggest factors in the game through the early stages was the punter from ttun, he did a hell of a job keeping Ohio St. pinned deep. I think Barrett will do better in the warm weather of the playoffs. The more I think about it, to win it all we may be better off playing Alabama in the semi finals with a month to prepare and then take our chances with whoever comes out of the other side.

• Forum MVP

no matter who ends up in the championship game I am disappointed they chose a grass field in the city of Tampa to host it...

that's a recipe for disaster with potential of rain in Florida

Agree. Outdoor games can completely change everything.

• Forum MVP

I would love to see Colorado knock off Washington tonight. I was living out there when McCartney got the program heading in the right direction in the late 80's and one of my favorite college football memories is when Kordell Stewart hit Westbrook with the bomb to beat ttun in the big house. I would imagine things will be pretty festive in Boulder tonight with a win.

• Forum MVP

Chalk. As a Buckeye fan, I didn't see anything to scare me. Clemson is pretty shaky on defense and Alabama and Washington look a little suspect on offense.

Do you not watch bama much? They don't need offense. Their NFL front 4 Is impossible to stop. Rushing 4 they get to the QB nonstop. They have 7 in coverage and cheat up with 1-2 of those d-backs. The result is lots of ints.

Clemson is the current scariest team. Their offense is almost unstoppable last few weeks. Defense sucks but can OSU score enough with Barrett at QB? I take Clemson here.

• Forum MVP

Chalk. As a Buckeye fan, I didn't see anything to scare me. Clemson is pretty shaky on defense and Alabama and Washington look a little suspect on offense.

Do you not watch bama much? They don't need offense. Their NFL front 4 Is impossible to stop. Rushing 4 they get to the QB nonstop. They have 7 in coverage and cheat up with 1-2 of those d-backs. The result is lots of ints.

Clemson is the current scariest team. Their offense is almost unstoppable last few weeks. Defense sucks but can OSU score enough with Barrett at QB? I take Clemson here.

I'm all in for the Tigers in the playoffs!

• Forum MVP

I have watched Bama plenty. I think they can be beat if you take care of the ball. I think we can turn them over a couple of times for short fields. They are definitely the team to beat, but they can be beat. For Clemson it depends on what team shows up, I could see us turning them over a few times also. We are going to need to rely on our defense and come up with a few big plays to win it, but I like our chances with a month to prepare.

• Forum MVP

Bama can be beat because any team can be beat.  But their defense is so good, they will have to play their worst and the other teams play better than they have played.  Ive never seen a front 4 better than they have.  They have prob 4-5 1st round draft pics on defense next year and possibly 2 in the top 5.  This Bama defense probably has 15 players who will be drafted over the next 3 years. OSU has similar talent to Bama so they have the potential.  Washington has financial advisors going against All pros.  Clemson has a horrible defense so OSU has a shot, but OSU's offense has been downright bad at times.  Clemson unfortunately has 4 weeks off which wont help them being so hot right now.

• Forum MVP

So looking at the point spreads, several are a little off based on the FPI. 

These are a few that I have singled out that are more than a few points off the FPI

Penn state +7.5 vs USC.  Based on the FPI Penn state would only be 2.3 point underdogs.  It looks like USC is getting the 3 point home field bonus here.  I say take the points even though I think USC could make this a blowout.

Tennessee -3 over Nebraska.  Based on the FPI, Tennessee should be 7.2 point favs.  Nebraska is 100% a product of a weak schedule.  They beat no team with winning record and got destroyed in 2 games including a beating by ummm iowa.  I take tennessee here.

LSU -3.5 vs louisville.  Based on FPI, louisville should be 1.6 point favs as louisbille is 6th and LSU 7th in FPI.  But LSU has been hurt all year.  A month off and they have more potential.  I take LSU even though the spread is 5 points off the FPI.

Auburn +5 vs Oklahoma.  FPI has Oklahoma as a 1.9 point fav.  I think Auburn has the highest up side and if their QB will finally be healthy.  They cover here.

Clemson +3.5 vs OSU.  FPI has OSU as 2.2 point favs.  OSU loves close games and that extra half point allows OSU to win but Clemson to still cover with a 3 point win.  I take the points thinking this will be close.

• Forum MVP

Betting bowl games is always a dicey proposition. I like to look at the teams with something to prove against the teams on vacation/getting ready for the draft. I like LSU even with Fournette going pro, thinking Jackson may have Heisman hangover.

• Forum MVP

Betting bowl games is always a dicey proposition. I like to look at the teams with something to prove against the teams on vacation/getting ready for the draft. I like LSU even with Fournette going pro, thinking Jackson may have Heisman hangover.

penn state is a team that was hoping that clemson or washington lost.  They will have the playoff blues.  I think that has to be 1 reason the spread is that high.  USC started too poorly but they have hope for next year which makes me think they get the win, but 7.5 points is 2 scores and thats a lot of points.  Louisville is also finishing weakly and must be depressed.  They have no depth like any team that recruits in the 30's.  They can put together a good starting team but they have no depth.  That being said, a month off and their starters are healthy unlike end of the season when they couldnt stop a weak team like UK.

So all that being said, I have zero clue about the bowl games lol.

Archived