College football 2016

Rude

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Pretty much as expected last night, although I am surprised A&M didn't drop further. The only thing that scares me is what happens to Ohio St. if Iowa happens to knock off Michigan Saturday, that would really mess things up in the Big Ten

Iowa beat Michigan? Serious? Michigan should be a 20pt favorite. Ain't happening

Just did

• Forum MVP

Craziest day of CFB likely ever. 3 playoff teams lose in 1 day.

Now we are in store for some potentially crap playoff. I wanted the OSU/mich winner, Bama, Clemson and maybe Washington as a 4 for an easy bama game to fill out the playoffs.

Now it's going to come down to all opinion.

Imagine march madness with only 4 teams. Uk would be set up every year with their weak conference. Teams getting hot end of the year like USC will be always excluded.

This will maybe be 1st year where more than 1 non deserving will get in. Imagine Michigan beats OSU. Regardless of losses, Ohio state is 2nd best team in the country and the only possible team to beat bama. I was telling mc yesterday how great harvaugh is doing considering lack of talent at Michigan. Well it caught up yesterday.

1 thing we can likely all agree on. This will be a mess.

• Forum MVP

Washington is out. Zero non conference schedule. They were already penalized for having the worst power 5 non conference schedule when they came in at 5th. They are out. I'm I'm bama I don't want Louisville as the 4. Bama will destroy a traditional offense. The only crack in the armor is if a team beats contain and Jackson does that nonstop. He's an insane talent. OSU has to beat Michigan though. Here's the problem. Can u jump Louisville over Clemson? 1 thing this all does is make the auburn bama game less relevant as bama can lose and still get a playoff spot.

• Forum MVP

Love the AP. Go 1 win 2 losses vs your only 3 top 40 games and you get ranked 9th lmao. 3 top 40 games in an entire season. Horrible schedule. You win 1 of the 3 and you are top 10. Bama plays 7 top 20 teams and a top 10 team plays 3 top 40 and wins 1. What a joke. Guess we have to wait for bowl season again. I just think sportswriters are lazy. The rankings are pretty much your records besides a few exceptions. Strength of schedule be damned.

• Forum MVP

Who are the 7 top 20 teams on Alabama's schedule? If you are going by the FPI, that ranks a team moving forward not on what they have done. Louisville has only beaten one good, not great, team all year and they are ranked high because they are likely to win out. Alabama has beaten several good teams but not 7 of the top 20, best wins are USC (totally different team now) and at LSU. They are definitely the top team right now, but teams like A&M, Ole Miss and Arkansas are not top 20 teams.

• Forum MVP

Not a lot of surprises. I'd say it was a good night for Washington, staying ahead of Wisconsin. It appears to me that they have set themselves up to have 1 ACC team (Louisville/Clemson), Alabama, Michigan/Ohio St. winner and Washington. Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St., Michigan and Washington all control their own destinies, everyone else needs help.

• Forum MVP

Yep, helps out the Big 12 and Pac 12. I expect more dominoes to fall this weekend. WVA/Oklahoma and Colorado/Washington St. losers are out. They will probably end up with an obvious 4 when the dust settles.

• Forum MVP

All I care is that bama and OSU end up 1,2 or 1.3. If they make the 2 best teams play in the semis I'll be pissed. That games a 55/45% based on FPI probabilities. It's a toss up. The playoff committee hopefully isn't dumb enough to make the 2 best play each other for a 2nd time in the 1st round. Are they?

Archived