College football 2016

Rude

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Beware of teams having let down bowl games. Hard to motivate when you were playing for a championship until your 12th game.

Edit: I realize you mean you are thinking Florida state +4.

• Forum MVP

That should be a great game.

I look at bowl games like this. Who's benefitting from a month off. Whose defense was worn down end of the year and with rest can be better. Louisville's defense is thin but played well 1st half until they got to 2nd stringers. They will be rested. Teams like bama and Ohio state don't face depth issues like other teams do. I think deep teams face a disadvantage as they thrive late in the season as others with no depth don't. bowl games let 2nd tier teams get healthy and teams like bama don't have as much an advantage 1st team vs 1st team. It's how an Iowa can have a good year. Once those 2nd tier talent teams get to 2nd or 3rd string there's no talent left.

I'll miss so many good games on this run it makes me sick. What idiot schedules a playoff game New Year's Eve at 8pm. Wtf. Last year ratings were down 25% b/c of this. I'll get to watch the bama game b4 head to electric factory but will have to watch OSU next day at home and hope I don't see anyone with OSU hats in airport chanting OSU. OSU. I want OSU to win for the best final but don't want to know they won or lost.

• Forum MVP

last year's ratings were down because Ohio State was not in it... we are the number 1 TV rating machine hands down...largest alumni base in the entire world ... and a yearly enrollment of 60,000 + students

they got Ohio State in the late game for that reason...

and the games are at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.

• Forum MVP

1st game pretty simple for Washington... you cant turn the ball over !! ... Alabama thrives on it ...

2nd game .... after watching Clemson game film this last month (DVR many a game) ... I think Ohio State needs to keep Deshawn Watson in the pocket ... they have used him very efficiently to run only when needed ... Buckeyes have rarely blitzed this year and I suppose that wont change vs. Clemson ... Buckeyes front 4 has been ample in regards to holding lanes and making pushes on opposite OL ...

• Forum MVP

Alabama has played in a bad conference.... has not played one good team ... have thrived on horrible opponents quarterback play throwing interceptions. ... Washington has a very very good chance to win ..

Ohio State just needs to keep Deshawn in the pocket... get 3 coverage sacks to force punts and the victory bell at Ohio Stadium will be ringing around 11pm ... an early ball dropping celebration per say ...

• Forum MVP

Alabama has played in a bad conference.... has not played one good team ... have thrived on horrible opponents quarterback play throwing interceptions. ... Washington has a very very good chance to win ..

I'm no Alabama apologist but I think Washington is going to get smoked.  I've watched both teams play and while the SEC was down, the Pac-12 wasn't exactly a powerhouse conference this year either.  

I think the only chance Washington has is to punch them in the mouth right away and find success early with big pass plays.  That might loosen up Bama's front 7 enough so that they have to respect the pass and not sell-out on the run.  If Washington becomes one-dimensional, they are toast  

• Forum MVP

Ohio State just needs to keep Deshawn in the pocket... get 3 coverage sacks to force punts and the victory bell at Ohio Stadium will be ringing around 11pm ... an early ball dropping celebration per say ...

Lmao. They play in the conference with all the talent. Again next year it looks like 6 of the top 10 recruiting classes will be in the sec. Ohio state is great because they get top talent. Alabama is great for the same reason but they have a little better coach. Sec had a rough year with a few qbs. But if you think penn state goes 8-1 in the sec, you are delusional. The big ten has 8 schools not in the top 60. You have less pitfalls than the sec. every team in the west was top 60. Teams like auburn and LSU weren't consistent but they have the ability to beat anyone any given day besides bama. Their defense is just too good. 4 1st rounders on d is nuts. But...the sec has serious young QB talent now to go with their overwhelming defensive and skill position talent. Just watch how slow an Iowa is compared to a Georgia. The big ten has 2 elite teams and 2 other solid teams. Penn state only played Michigan and Ohio state that were ranked all year reg season. Give me a break. Bama plays USC LSU auburn Tennessee A&M then middle of the road ole miss Arkansas and miss state. Sec doesn't have as bad a bottom as the big ten. Rutgers Purdue Illinois are as bad as you get. There's no talent in the big ten. Michigan doesn't recruit highly. Michigan state recruits like UK. For god sakes penn state is a 10 point dog to USC. That tells you the true power. Big ten avoids hard non con games too. Only a few teams played anyone. Sec has a brutal non con. Next year sec plays an even harder non con. Only OSU and Wisconsin play elite teams.

• Forum MVP

once again your babbling of reasons defending the SEC and bashing the BigTen cements your lack of reality and as well as your total lack of knowledge and being able to rate teams and coaches in a unbiased way ...

In no way shape or form do I babble and bang the drum of the BigTen ... I simply state that the SEC is average with average coaches with one real good team in Alabama ... the same can be said for every other conference including said BigTen

stop rambling about recruiting classes. ... because more than half off the top 300 recruits are thugs and not team chemistry players which significantly plays a role in the teams on field performance and overall record ... Urban Meyer learned that lesson at Florida the hard way ...

Ohio State recruiting yes is top level but under his guidance in the 5 years in Columbus he has proven he no longer allows the players to act above the law if they expect to play in front of 108,000 fans in Ohio Stadium...

and by no means am I saying Ohio State is the poster program off all good ... just like every power program the players are driving nice cars etc. - but if you get caught with a gun and drugs in your car you are gone ..or of you punch a girl in the face- can't say that about Alabama & Oklahoma among others ... Carlos Hyde, an NFL talent, was suspended by Urban Meyer for multiple games because a girl just accused him of hitting her - proven totally false but the suspension was served - just one example

I will also add facts prove the overall academic standards at BigTen universities tower over the SEC schools thus making acceptance of a possible recruit more of a challenge...

• Forum MVP

as of this morning heading into the heart of the bowl games:

ACC = 5-1 with only loss is Pitt who were beat by a BigTen team Northwestern .. and a victory over SEC Arkansas by VT ...

SEC = 1-4 with only win by Mississippi State over a 6-7 MAC team in Miami, OH ... Texas A&M proves they are average at best with average coaching losing to Kansas State. .. and Ole Miss a so called power team of this conference not even making a bowl game...

BigTen = 2-2 with the losses of Maryland to an ACC team and an 9-4 Utah team beating Indiana in a dogfight ... and Minnesota with win over Pac12 team

Big 12 = 3-1

Pac12 = 1-2

• Forum MVP

Everyone is talking about the big games but I just have to put in a say about Saturday morning's game of my Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets taking on the Kentucky team. This should be a good even game with lots of tough running by both teams.  I just hope we can keep up the record that other ACC schools are doing this bowl season.

Peace, Love and lots of football.

Doc

• Forum MVP

Buckeyes got it handed to them ... good old fashioned beat down...

Ohio State shut out for 1st time since 1993 and 1st time Urban Meyer shut out as a head coach ...

as a true Ohio State fan im very fortunate to have my home state team be very very good year in year out .... humble in victory as well in defeat .. losses like yesterday do not happen to Ohio State as this was the worse one I can remember ..

hats off to Clemson ....

Archived