DSO Shows cancelled thru Summer 2020

• Forum MVP

We can have concerts. The bands and venues are choosing not to make national news with a super spreader event. Dso doesn’t want to be Tyson foods. I don’t think anyone wants to get that type of publicity. 

another issue is national acts have such high overhead that 1 off shows aren’t financially feasible. Stringing a tour together right now is too hard. If Dso all lived in Colorado, they would likely be planning a few outdoor small shows. 

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

I had 3 inches cut off my hair yesterday. Masked, I went into his lavatory to wash my hands. As I made my way, he remarked, “if you can’t smell the shampoo, you need to make an appointment with your doctor.” Valid point! Checking a sense of smell could be a marker for health,  too.

If you can’t smell the shampoo, doesn’t that effect him cutting everybody’s hair? 

• Forum MVP
11 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

If you can’t smell the shampoo, doesn’t that effect him cutting everybody’s hair? 

It is a sign you may have infection if you can’t smell. His shampoo has a nice fragrance. So yes, I would have left the salon at that moment because I care about other people and do not put my needs first if it impinges upon their life, liberty or pursuit of happiness.  This week I refused a patient and rescheduled because there was a real chance he could have been infected. 

• Like (+1) 1

I just saw this corrections officer who was first covid + in mid april. Still + nasal swab. Never had fever or respiratory problems, just persistent headache and malaise. Cant find anything else abnormal. Wants/needs to go back to work at 90% but cant get a negative test or a day without tylenol or motrin. Nasty bug with a broad spectrum of variability we know little about. Symptom screens and temp checks may help some but nothing to truly be confident about. 

We need to excuse liability. Some lawyer sitting in the bushes trying to find someone responsible will be very counter-productive. Take your precautions (you might get shot telling others to take thiers) and if you really fear this bug stay home. We will survive. You could get sick and die, but the odds are in your favor.

• Forum MVP

I believe an asymptomatic, persistant positive test means (A) you are a carrier and (B) have never mounted an immune response. Since this is a new species to species transmission, there are people who do not have the HLA type to recognize the virus. Your friend’s best bet is a vaccine that takes his immune system by the hand and says don’t you see..... this virus. Of course, he may finally recognize it. Another option would be an plasma infusion from a recovered person. The cytokine storm  people who die or almost die is from their immune system saying , “wholly f$&@, what the hell is this foreign invader living here?!? Give all you got, boys.” It about kills them, or does. 

The best we can hope for is some ancestor handled bat shit. Seriously.

PBS styled infomercial; 

“for more information like this and other interesting facts, check out the book “1491”. “

• Forum MVP

Great book. I’ve often thought, during this Covid thing,  about native Americans and how their world was disrupted by European disease. On the farm where I help out, there is a Native American site. Lithic reduction mostly, but I have found storage pottery, stone game balls, pipes, etc. Based on arrowhead and pottery styles, this site was occupied from 10,200 years ago right up until, you guessed it, European disease decimated their population. 

• Forum MVP
14 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Great book. 

wow! What a trove. 

One word: milpa!!! Amazing... right!?!

i had someone once say to me that the Native Americans got their revenge with syphilis. I thought for which, the disease or the rape?

• Forum MVP

Yup! Funny you should mention it. The (organic)farm owner, who has an unbelievable resume in the medical profession,  was just telling me his plans,  to go with five years of Alfalfa, followed by two years of Corn, with Austrian winter peas between the corn years, this will keep out the weeds while the peas add nitrogen. The Alfalfa and Corn get sold to a local organic dairy to feed the cows that produce organic milk.  

• Like (+1) 1

Dept of corrections in my state requires 2 negative covid tests 24hrs apart before one is allowed back to work. Its unlikely this patient continues to be infectious to others. The persistent positive test results are due to remaining viral fragments in the nasal passages and not active virus. They were symptomatic but never a concern for cytokine storm. They stayed home and took tylenol. They continue to have mild residual symptoms 6 weeks later, which has been reported elsewhere. They just never had a cough, sob, or fever. 

The dept of corrections criteria are strict. I explained to them the patient is not infectious. They still want 2 negatives before l can clear them for work (liability). Immunity testing would only confuse the situation at this point. Plasma infusion would only be for severe active disease. 

That book sounds interesting though, thanks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

This is the CDC position. 

Persons with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 who have not had ANY symptoms and were directed to care for themselves at home may discontinue isolation under the following conditions:

Negative results of an FDA Emergency Use Authorized COVID-19 molecular assay for detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA from at least two consecutive respiratory specimens collected ≥24 hours apart (total of two negative specimens)*. See Interim Guidelines for Collecting, Handling, and Testing Clinical Specimens from Persons for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Note, because of the absence of symptoms, it is not possible to gauge where these individuals are in the course of their illness. There have been reports of prolonged detection of RNA without direct correlation to viral culture.

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

Here is WHO position...latest 

Asymptotic spread is very rare. If it wasn’t so sad I’d laugh.

CDC and WHO are to science like used car salesmen are to auto industry.
We are on are own.

Actually the latest is that the above statement by WHO has been retracted.

• Forum MVP
On 6/4/2020 at 7:18 PM, Rude said:

never really thought about it but that phrase looks at BJs in a negative light. 

local music store stickers. You could start a movement to change the perspective. I’ll send anyone one who wants one. Two sizes. Full size bumper sticker and a 5.5 in one. The smaller is a limited edition as he isn’t happy with the size and won’t order from that company again. 🤣 

680B43E4-BAAE-479C-B64D-01895CAF5525.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
On 6/10/2020 at 6:48 AM, PoetryGirl said:

local music store stickers. You could start a movement to change the perspective. I’ll send anyone one who wants one. Two sizes. Full size bumper sticker and a 5.5 in one. The smaller is a limited edition as he isn’t happy with the size and won’t order from that company again. 🤣 

680B43E4-BAAE-479C-B64D-01895CAF5525.jpeg

He isn't happy with the size ??? Hee hee.   The full size is def a better option right :p.  Couldn't resist ha ha.  

• Forum MVP
On 6/14/2020 at 9:15 AM, Rude said:

Hyryder June 20 in Muncie Outdoors. May do that 5+ hour drive for a show. I bet it will be a raucous crowd. 

tickets bought. I’ll be dead dancing soon to my 2nd or 3rd fav dead band. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Well we aren’t able to go now. The show sold out fast. If anyone is near Indy and wants a pair of tickets send me a message. I’ll pay the service charge. They are $20 each. 

and it’s in a tiny bars courtyard not a nice outdoor space unfortunately 

• Sad (neutral) 1
  • Forum MVP
7 hours ago, Rude said:

Well we aren’t able to go now. The show sold out fast. If anyone is near Indy and wants a pair of tickets send me a message. I’ll pay the service charge. They are $20 each. 

and it’s in a tiny bars courtyard not a nice outdoor space unfortunately 

That stinks Rude.  This year has been such a cluster F

to get some music.  My two forays into COVID

music have been wrought with complication, the first 

delivered, but band changes led to a less satisfying 

experience second time around.  I find myself often

recalling how amazing our Jubilee was last year.

What a blessing. 

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

So hyryder are playing at riverfront live in Cincy on July 11th. They are selling tickets in blocks and segregating the show. You are forced to sit the entire show which is super lame. But it’s in Ohio and not Indiana. 

that’s the asphalt venue Dso played at last year in the summer that was the hottest show I’ve ever seen. Literal blacktop dance floor. Melt your shoes right off your feet. 

they force you to buy 4 tix for the picnic tables and 6-10 for the bring your own chair blocks. Note you have to have a chair or rent one as you are required to sit anc if you dance you will be evicted. 

on that note we have 1 single ticket if any of you cincy peeps wanna share our picnic table. They are also doing temperature checks lol. It’s gonna be 95 degrees outside. How accurate will a temp check be. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

So hyryder are playing at riverfront live in Cincy on July 11th. They are selling tickets in blocks and segregating the show. You are forced to sit the entire show which is super lame. But it’s in Ohio and not Indiana. 

that’s the asphalt venue Dso played at last year in the summer that was the hottest show I’ve ever seen. Literal blacktop dance floor. Melt your shoes right off your feet. 

they force you to buy 4 tix for the picnic tables and 6-10 for the bring your own chair blocks. Note you have to have a chair or rent one as you are required to sit anc if you dance you will be evicted. 

on that note we have 1 single ticket if any of you cincy peeps wanna share our picnic table. They are also doing temperature checks lol. It’s gonna be 95 degrees outside. How accurate will a temp check be. 

I wonder if you can hear music outside the venue? Then the question would be:

Better sound, can see band, can’t dance inside

Sound iffy no view of band but can dance outside

For me...As long as I’m still walking