Goin’ Down the Road Feelin’ Bad >

Not Fade Away >

Turn on Your Lovelight 

E: Ripple

Set 1: Elective

Set 2: 10/24/70, Kiel Opera House, St. Louis, MO

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

My first 69 style show, this was a splendid night. This venue was excellent, full PA with great sound. Fall colors starting to show and nice weather with a brief and refreshing shower of light rain mid second set. 

There was a little trouble in the first couple songs, where the PA cut in and out and we could only hear the stage, but it was quickly fixed and caused no further troubles. Doin That Rag was sung with youthful exuberance. Dark Star was fantastic. Death Don’t was masterfully delivered, and Easy Wind broke the somber mood perfectly and finished the set out with fun. 

After a little break, Dancin got everyone on their feet, really high energy jam in there. My first time seeing them do Attics, great harmony singing with Skip soaring high. The final sequence was relentless, high energy throughout. Me and Jake persevered, but it was a battle of endurance to keep up. Perfect Ripple encore. Killer show and it was a thrill to see a full onslaught 69 style show for the first time. 

We had the pleasure of meeting Franknkeene after the show and he kindly offered us space to camp out at his place,  thanks Frank!!

• Like (+1) 10

Now wait a minute!

I know you got that light

That’s all I got to have sometimes

Early in the morning ... Feels so good

Late in the evening ... Feels so fine

Now raise your hand! A little bit higher now 

A little bit ... my my 

Doin that rag ‘n Green green grass

sounds mighty nice

Edited by Dharmada
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
On 9/28/2020 at 3:13 AM, Hardpan said:

My first 69 style show, this was a splendid night. This venue was excellent, full PA with great sound. Fall colors starting to show and nice weather with a brief and refreshing shower of light rain mid second set. 

There was a little trouble in the first couple songs, where the PA cut in and out and we could only hear the stage, but it was quickly fixed and caused no further troubles. Doin That Rag was sung with youthful exuberance. Dark Star was fantastic. Death Don’t was masterfully delivered, and Easy Wind broke the somber mood perfectly and finished the set out with fun. 

After a little break, Dancin got everyone on their feet, really high energy jam in there. My first time seeing them do Attics, great harmony singing with Skip soaring high. The final sequence was relentless, high energy throughout. Me and Jake persevered, but it was a battle of endurance to keep up. Perfect Ripple encore. Killer show and it was a thrill to see a full onslaught 69 style show for the first time. 

We had the pleasure of meeting Franknkeene after the show and he kindly offered us space to camp out at his place,  thanks Frank!!

wow your 1st 69. They are always fun. There was a stretch in 17/18 that i caught 4 straight 69s. That was some crazy luck considering I only did 1/3 of the shows in that stretch. Awww pre Covid. Luckily we now know it’s completely safe(besides a little hospital time and oxygen) if you have 13 doctors and meds not available to the public. 

• Forum MVP

He beat it. He’s 74. He did kind of show maybe we shouldn’t been so afraid. My friends would still have business. Jobs. We still have concerts. Some more people may have died. I’d say up to this point more likely than not but I bet we’d be past this shit. Remember flatten curve means the area underneath it stays the same. Same amount of deaths. Whitney lost her mind last night cause no one had masks on at the gas station. We can’t live in this fear. I want him out of office as the next but not cause of Covid. Not cause of the mask. 

And now Fauci who couldn’t help but snicker smirk when his president was sick with this deadly virus. I mean talk about utter lack of professionalism, disgusting.  Moms got lung cancer good time for a whole bunch of I told ya so. He now says he could face relapse. I get it Trump been trying to downplay this but Fauci and the CDC are engaged in this biggest upplay ever. I mean they up selling this shit right down the creek. 

• Forum MVP

He didnt “beat it”. He’s still sick. He got shit we can’t get for treatment and had to be hospitalized for the “flu”. And it’s irrelevant whether 1 gets it or not. It’s a numbers game and unfortunately pretty much anyone with an infected person gets it unlike the flu. Seeing the whole debate prep team catch it makes indoor shows unlikely. The Turd’s days are numbered in office thank god. He announced today if he wins he will pass a stimulus. That’s why he’s a turd. It’s about him and not all of the unemployed in event industries. I’m fucked. Today my biggest client announced their 7 conventions in 2021 are cancelled. I knew it was coming but hearing it on the news made it real. I was told 2 months ago the reality from them but the reality of 18 months without income from my cash cow set in. The Turd thinks downplaying it makes him stronger but only 1/3 of Americans are idiots luckily so we can get this POS out of office. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...