Cola Speedway June 5&6

• Forum MVP
On 5/30/2021 at 2:39 PM, flairblair said:

Anyone staying over in Cola? Thinking about grabbing a spot, there's some budget hotels less than 2 miles from speedway. 

Nothin quite like a Flairblair sighting!  Miss you ❤️

• Like (+1) 2

Thinking about going and haven't bought tickets quite yet.

Seems to me that this POD deal will leave some people holding some extras. More than happy to pay my share. As far as a room, there too, I'm hoping to be unfit for driving by the time the show is over. We have a gentle hound who goes everywhere with us and shares our rooms without incident. Might just have the Mrs. drive home since she tends to keep her senses when I let my hair down.

Its up in the air and Saturday would be our day. Anybody with a couple of tickets and/or a room booked that accepts hounds ... let me know. Might help me figure out how we're going to work this out.

Aiko Aiko

Our pod is full, at least I was paid for the purchase. I think you'll find space. I got a room at the econo-flop 3 miles away, a 2 bed, and, there were more rooms, at least when I booked on Sunday. I just saw some posting on south Carolina deadheads about a property at some bar close by, 2.30 Saturday. I'll go find the post and send it. 

Have we met? My name is Mike, I usually hang with gr8ful pair and T when doing shows. I usually only do jubilee, pisgah and Charlotte. 

I'll send that pre show info, hope to see you there. REALLY need some shows!

https://fb.me/e/1rnvZsbBl

Don't think so ... but you never know. I'm from Landrum and moved there from Raleigh last year. Been to 234 dead shows during the 70's through 90's and a dozen DSO shows over the last decade.

Now retired and wore out from COVID. Black Mountain shows and the Ohio shows have been my favorites. Living only 2 hours from Columbia makes it a must do show. My name is Bill and I usually hang out with whoever is doing the most dancing.

Send that pre-show info and hope to see you too.

• Like (+1) 1

https://fb.me/e/1rnvZsbBl

I think this link should be the Facebook post. 

I'm in Spartanburg. Don't think we've met, I'd remember you being from landrum.

Saw the real thing from 85-95, started seeing dso in 2001 while living in Oregon. Liked it. Went back about 250 more times. Now just jubilee and local stuff, Charlotte Asheville Columbia etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
36 minutes ago, BillK522 said:

That is a recipe for a fantastic time.

Enjoy the shows.

Praise DSO.

That's high praise coming from a guy with one of the best 'Motors' out there!  Bill's energy is 100% contagious and there is no known cure. 

I'm the throes of LIFE (the parts that cut you down to size) at the moment or I'd be in Colombia this weekend.  Have a spin or 2 for me and remember:  HYDRATE 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

She got him some awesome dyes on lot. He’s ready to go for his 1st show. Looks like perfect weather too for it. Mid 60s by end of show. Ideal. He will likely be asleep by set 2 in the car with headphones on to not be disturbed. He’s on a strict 8p-6am sleep schedule and dont want to upset that lol. He never wakes in middle of the night so we are lucky as hell. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

See you soon Mike.  Funny, you rooming up with strangers.  Has not got you or T killed yet!!!  Charlotte could of been very different on a bad day. 

Travel safe...flight comes in 12 ---- hotel a almost a walk away.  We be boogie about lateral from soundboard. 

T and Flair have a special relationship.  All I have to say is massages---one gets them, the other one watches!!   Seen stranger things---like me making this 7am flight. 

Uh oh----Mason on board----maybe he will have a wood floor I can Install for him during set break.  see you soon....please have your girl save a dance for me------

Be good, be safe, be wise

• Like (+1) 3
9 hours ago, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

See you soon Mike.  Funny, you rooming up with strangers.  Has not got you or T killed yet!!!  Charlotte could of been very different on a bad day. 

Travel safe...flight comes in 12 ---- hotel a almost a walk away.  We be boogie about lateral from soundboard. 

T and Flair have a special relationship.  All I have to say is massages---one gets them, the other one watches!!   Seen stranger things---like me making this 7am flight. 

Uh oh----Mason on board----maybe he will have a wood floor I can Install for him during set break.  see you soon....please have your girl save a dance for me------

Be good, be safe, be wise

Cannot wait to see you!! That Charlotte trip was a game changer…I’m so happy we met and got to be friends, to all of y’all. It’s been way too long, this weekend and next are gonna be awesome!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I’ve got three words for the show... barefoot on grass!!! We tried to piece the list together but only got scrambled eggs. It was elective. What a ball. Light drizzle, all the dance space you could eat. Strange man encore was fucking stellar. Skip on fire and played percussion during space. Rob on acoustic for weather report. Eaton said they’ll do something tomorrow night they’ve never done.....🤔🤔

• Like (+1) 5