Asheville #2

Tea

• Forum MVP

4/29/77 - The Palladium

Help On The Way-> Slipknot!-> Franklin's Tower, Minglewood Blues, Tennessee Jed, Cassidy, They Love Each Other, Big River, Loser, The Music Never Stopped

Samson & Delilah, Sugaree, El Paso, Brown Eyed Women, Estimated Prophet, Scarlet Begonias-> Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad-> Drums-> The Wheel-> Wharf Rat-> Around & Around,

E: Uncle John's Band

F: Ripple

Just - Exactly - Perfect.   High octane bliss with wonderful, beautiful folks.  So lucky ❤️

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

That was the stuff birthday show dreams are made of. Thanks to a great group of folks, including DSO and crew that made it a weekend to remember. 

ps: my last birthday show was in 1988 and they played an 88 show (duh) and my second birthday show was in 2021 and they played a 77 show. Maybe my next one will be 2030 and I’ll get a 69!!

• Like (+1) 8
  • LMAO 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

These shows were exactly what I needed during a confusing and sorrowful time in my life.  Thank you to DSO and crew for a simply excellent time and thanks to amazing friends for their support and words of encouragement.

• Like (+1) 9

What an awesome weekend!  Great band, great shows, great music, awesome people and venue.  So much fun, exactly what we needed in the mist of this crazy time.  Thanks to folks at Salvage station for the wonderful event.  My bartenders keep me in the sweet spot... all weekend,  😉  they were fantastic!  Two super shows.... looking forward to the next one...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

Another great weekend in Asheville. The venue had its own charms like a fast flowing rain swollen river as right boundary. After a little too much too fast night 1, and dancing hard and loose on the rocks on the rail, I chose to enjoy festivities on night two more in the back. Sound was good, and I found a little spot, where the band and the river could rock my soul. Also many passed by I knew, and didn’t, to eat drink and be merry.
Seeing all the folks I know is always the highlight. Most times they dance hard stage left.
For personal reasons GDTRFB was a welcomed tune.
Interesting seeing DSO once a month on a Fri and Sat…Caverns, Chicago, Legend Valley, Louisville, Asheville, and next Cincinnati. Keep it up!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP
On 8/28/2021 at 11:15 PM, Tea said:

4/29/77 - The Palladium

Help On The Way-> Slipknot!-> Franklin's Tower, Minglewood Blues, Tennessee Jed, Cassidy, They Love Each Other, Big River, Loser, The Music Never Stopped

Samson & Delilah, Sugaree, El Paso, Brown Eyed Women, Estimated Prophet, Scarlet Begonias-> Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad-> Not Fade Away Jam->Drums-> The Wheel-> Wharf Rat-> Around & Around,

E: Uncle John's Band

F: Ripple

Just - Exactly - Perfect.   High octane bliss with wonderful, beautiful folks.  So lucky ❤️

Fixed it for you. ❤️ 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Goes to show you don't ever know! As I sit here reflecting on the weekend and thinking forward to the next, I feel so happy when I get to see my favorite band and people. You never know how things are going to unfold. I had been planning on going to Bonnaroo with my daughter, camping in my Westie, and made preparations for such activity. Alas, the hurricane has made it a mute point - damn- but unknown of course, I came to Asheville early on Thursday for the loveliest time and then picked up my van freshly serviced. A relay switch had gone bad not allowing it to run or charge via shore power. I was understandably freaked!! My Hurdy Gurdy girl is running like a dream now. Parking brake tighten. She has power. All fluids checked and changed as needed. sigh.....

FlairBlair and his wife  brought me back up and I was stoked to make the shows. It meant however after a long week of unblinking mental focus I was ready to relax into the weekend. Friday was the perfect warmup for this show!! The second night was where it was at. Truly, I felt a part of the magnificence that 1977 delivers. Thank you band and crew!! 

After the confinement of the Louisville rows of seating, the Salvage Station was a blessed and welcomed change. I had the freedom to unfurl my wings. Food trucks lined the riverside and I munched through a taco before the elements or the start of music could persuade me otherwise. Oh man! HSF!! I literally was munching the last bite down and dancing in the eaves. The band was hitting all cylinders as powerfully as they ever have. The transition got funky and It was musically dense. Minglewood roared as Eaton commanded the lyrics. Tennessee Jed, Cassidy and TLEO were tops! My dog Jed Clampett reminds me of the loveliness of home, a Grateful Dead family home of my early years. My early GD family formed much of who and what I think today; where I had high hopes they would be there, circumstance of their elderly parents kept them away. The death and birth of Cassidy on the heels of summer's close. The sycamore trees have started looking a little browner than green. TLEO was much enjoyed and I took in Loser from the edge and Jeff sweetly delivered the hopes of one looking for a break, one more chance. So then as MNS erupted, these older ladies danced so gleefully. It was why I was called to the edge- to watch their merriment was everything. High stepping, the whole place erupted and it was a groovy get down. 

The second set continued to sound musically dense to me. All the members were showing what excellent musicians they are. Jeff sang with such heart. Sugaree was dynamic. Jeff wielded the guitar powerfully and the drums... so good. Eaton owned Estimated like he does. Lisa singing on Estimated beautifully delicate and lovely. Barraco's hands moved so fast, as he literally was bouncing off the keys, I watched them blur out. Otherwise, Barraco simply ripped up the 88s and laid them back down again. Skip dropped bass bombs all night.

The dancing stage right was everything I want for when I see DSO in Asheville with the dance troupe from Philly. I don't think I stayed still enough to catch a virus, but my Birkenstocks stretched a half inch lol ( didn't get the chance to change shoes preshow) and my feet looked darkened as a week's worth of sun from the dust until I washed them; I gasped with disbelief. I'm still sore haha but it is a sweet soreness and tiredness. 

It was wonderful to see all my friends I've met and grown to know over these years. 8 now! I love you all dearly. Words fall short to describe this show and fail to express what you all mean to me. love you!! mean it!!

• Like (+1) 9