Football

bs69

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, bs69 said:

2 days away,  lots of excitement in Cincy

If the Bengals win - will you go to work the next day, Brad?  I thought I heard local schools will be closed Monday - not sure if some private industry there is following suit

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Tea said:

If the Bengals win - will you go to work the next day, Brad?  I thought I heard local schools will be closed Monday - not sure if some private industry there is following suit

My wife is a teacher and off work of course. I will go into work but probably not until 8 or 9 (usually go in around 6:30). However,  if we win all bets are off

I currently have 3 sons in college 2-5 hours away and all came home this weekend for the game

• Like (+1) 2

• 7 months later...
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Man, my Raiders are stinking up the joint. 

Time to get superstitious.  If they won't smudge the locker room, then maybe it's time for the owner to erase the bad JuJu with a sacrifice.  The offering?  This haircut - just shave it all:

560e993c9dd7cc22008becdd?width=400&forma

EUpBIffUUAA2G1x?format=jpg&name=360x360

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP
12 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Poor Al Davis must be rolling over in his grave. Doctor I help out with his farm clued me in to a secret code they have in the medical community. 
  FLK= Funny Looking Kid.

His son is one ugly human being. He’s a billionaire but he’s the football version of Harvey Weinstein looks wise. If Harvey looked like Brad Pitt, no girl is calling the cops on him. Not being sexist but I doubt he gets rejected much especially if he tried to date up and coming actresses. 

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

I participate in the Dallas cowboys SB nation blog. It’s pretty disgusting. There’s so many people who have hated Dak from day 1 that with week 1’ playing bad before the line gave up a broken thumb and the backup winning 2 straight, these people want him replaced. What’s funny is the whole blog wanted us to sign a better backup than cooper rush but with 2 straight wins they are like get rid of Dak. The 6 year backup has been cut by us and the giants in his career and still hasn’t posted a 100 passer rating game even though Dak had 10 last year which was 2nd behind Aaron Rodgers. Gotta assume the Texas racists don’t like a black guy as the face of the team. 

• Forum MVP

QB is the leadership position. They’ll fight tooth and nail to not have that happen. I sometimes imagine a scenario where someone like that has some kind of horrible car accident and they wake up in the hospital, grateful to be alive. The person then gets introduced to the doctor who saved his life who just so happens to be black. 

• Forum MVP

In 2016 Tony Romo broke his collarbone in the last preseason game which forced Dak into the starting position as a rookie. During preseason Dak lit it up throwing for over 80% completion rate but that was preseason. Dak comes in and loses game 1 to the Giants who had a really good defense. Then we roll off 11 straight wins which was most in franchise history. Romo never saw the field again besides a few snaps in a mop up role. The reason Dak won the job wasn’t that we just won 11 straight. He had 10 of 11 games in that stretch over 100 passer rating throwing 19tds yo only 2 ints plus he had 6 rushing TDs and countless big scrambles on 3rd and long. 3 games that rookie year he had the highest QBR for the week and finished 3rd in QBR for the year. What’s funny is these commenters that hate Dak want to compare us sneaking out 2 wins with the backup to the 2016 performance of Dak. These guys go real quiet when Dak plays great but hundreds come out when we lose. Romo was hurt in 2015 as Dallas went 4-12. Then with Dak the next year we went 13-3. Dak has his warts like most QBs but teams like The Bears have been in QB hell for a decade with constant flops like Trubisky and Fields. In 2016, Dallas tried to draft Paxton Lynch but Denver got him and we got lucky with Dak in round 4. In 2014 Jerry tried to draft Johnny Manziel but per an insider who posts, a few execs threatened to quit if Jerry overruled the 4 person rule where 4 execs have to sign off on a player to draft him. So Jerry didn’t get his guy thank god. There’s the other issue that we’ve converted so much of Daks salary to signing bonus to kick the money down the road that he’s almost assured of getting a contract extension after 2024 or we will eat 30 mil of dead money that’s already on the books for the 2 extra void years of his contract that teams use to kick the can. 

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, Tea said:

Rude - Why are you not in someone’s front office being groomed for GM?

the guys who try to make it as coaches or scouts at 22 get some menial grad assistant job in college and work 18 hours a day studying football. I never had the dedication to care about a 40 hour a week job much less dedicate my existence to something. McVey sleeps like 3 hours a day and is in his office by 3-4am daily. His hot wife sees him an hour a day during the season. (Google her). 

on that note, Kentucky goes to ole miss today. Let’s see if our 1st round QB and defense can perform. 

• Forum MVP
14 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

Kentucky goes down.

that one hurt. Penalty on the go ahead TD with 40 secs left then a fumble on the next play at the 13yd line and a FG would have tied it. We missed 2 XP’s and a short fg as well. Sad loss…

• Forum MVP

Looks like Kentucky may have been a little overrated and I don't see how Alabama can hold on to number one ranking after this week but Saban like a the little weasel he is escaped another one. Ohio State Clemson USC deserve some more respect.

• Forum MVP

Well Bama dropped to 3. Georgia back to one. Ohio St getting some respect. USC dropped a spot. That confuses me. Clemson jumped Michigan to 4. Given their schedule I might have them ahead of Alabama right now. Wins over number 10 and 21. Bama has one ranked win and several narrow escapes including this week to A and M. They don't hurt the Texas QB they probably lose that one. Ewers can toss the rock. Don't get me wrong Alabama has games coming up where they push themselves back up to number 1. Tennessee is benefiting from SEC bias. They have beat some rank teams but all of those teams have proven a bit suspect. Tennessee still has Alabama and Georgia remaining we shall see how good they are after those games. They need to win at least one or their ranked too high.

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

Tennessee gets it done. They for real. Bama not so much. Love watching Saban lose.

That was a great game,  great games all around yesterday. TCU v OKST, USC V Utah, hell even Colorado won. Love college football

• Forum MVP

You can’t ever count Bama out. Tennessee played as good as they could and snuck one out. Tennessee’s QB has to be the heisman leader so far. He was great. Tennessee will wear you out. They play soooo fast. I was at a show Saturday so I ignored all news and texts to watch it Sunday and you can’t use fast forward or you miss a play. Heck Bama plays fast too. Bama doesn’t have the O line they are used to or the DT’s they normally have. This is a year that Bama can get beat. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

As much as I hate to admit it, Michigan's ground game looks pretty strong. If I was to pick and outsider team to make the playoff,  right now I'd pick Oregon. I could see them running the table the rest of the way and getting in

• Forum MVP

My playoff guesses would be 

Georgia tennessee winner 

Bama 

ohio state/Michigan winner 

Clemson (weak ass schedule. Almost lost to Syracuse who lacks nfl talent)

so if tennessee stays undefeated and beats Georgia and loses in SEC champ they are in. Same with Georgia. Bama has to win out and sec champ to get in. 

Michigan or Ohio state gets in if they win out. The big ten lacks any legit talent outside of Michigan and osu. You can’t recruit high end talent that far north anymore. If I was a 5* guy, I’m not going to a dying program in Michigan state where it’s miserable and cold. 

USC has lots of potential b/c it’s easy to recruit to LA. That’s where I’d go if I was a star athlete. Best looking girls with perfect weather. You had me at 25% of girls at USC had a boob job. That’s a legit stat. Like 1 in 10 incoming freshmen chicks get one the summer before. But it’s LA so makes sense.