Dark Star Orchestra - 2022

• Forum MVP

A 1 off show seems strange considering the costs to truck their shit out there unless they are on their way to cali and figure the truck has to go through there anyway so might as well do a show. But if they were going to do say 2 boulder theater shows connected they would maybe announce it with these?  

we are looking for our 50/30 birthday weekend in March and was hoping we’d get lucky with a 3 day weekend of dso. Panic is doing 3 shows on her 30th in Vegas which seems fun even though it’s not dead so not as much a crank turner but it is Vegas where you are cool to do what you want as long as you don’t drive drunk at 156mph and kill a dog. Oh and a person. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

That would be a better birthday party a month late. Is all dead too much dead? Hmm. We saw circles around the sun after deadco boulder and after an hour of that you have your fill forever. Sorta like dead Muzak. It’s a cool background in an elevator but a whole show, ehhh. I think I remember PG talking us into going and she stayed like 15 minutes and split. We made it like 45 mins and was like later. 

• Forum MVP

Skull and roses is a Deadhead's dream festival. For those of us who spend most of the festival at camp listening to the dead or listening to friends play the dead, this festival is off the charts. Although a few of these bands won't play dead music or strictly dead music, most of the acts throughout the day play Grateful Dead. Obviously at various levels, but I know I'd rather see the local dead cover band over 95 percent of the other bands that play festivals. This years line up is a step up from years previous in my opinion. DSO first time. Phil's first time. Then a whole host of the usual bands that play this festival. I am going to attend and plan to be present at the music for most of the acts. Mango if you going touchbase with me. I will book an Airbnb with a full kitchen. You can stay with us. 

• Forum MVP
On 11/17/2021 at 6:22 PM, Tom Banjo said:

Abear is decent Jerry player if he's not drunk. He often imbibes too much pre show. He plays locally ish for me at a bar called the woodcellar in evergreen.

He was also in JGB for a time being but the current JGB line up is a definite upgrade.

Agree about Dave, he can commence liftoff.  He comes to AZ and often joins Xtra Ticket when he does.

Cubensis is very strong.

Electric Waste Band is from OB in San Diego.  Highly recommend seeing them if you’re ever down that way and looking to go richter on a Monday.

Neat to see The Noodles make their way onto this bill.  They’re a local PHX band.  They’re good on a good night.

Stu Allen is obviously a gifted player.

10 hours ago, Island Bro said:

I was all ticketed up for this event two years ago but then the plague hit and canceled everything…

seriously pondering this for next spring…seems like it would be a damn good time.

😎

Heck, just being high in Ventura for a few days is a damn good time, let alone wandering round the Fairgrounds (directly on the beach) with a bunch of hippies and live GD music going on.

Get there!

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

San Francisco city proper. That’s a tad risky. I wouldn’t doubt you’d have to wear a mask the whole show. I don’t mind the masks for a few minutes at the doctor but I can’t tolerate them longer unless it’s a cold outdoor show and last year halloween in MD I masked and neck gaitered night 3 it was so cold. I don’t think anyone minded them when it’s 40 and windy. I think they were actually a good excuse to keep our face warm. If you don’t like cold like me, they give you an excuse to stay warmer in winter. I wear a sock cap under 60 but that just seems smart 

• Like (+1) 1