Dark Star Jubilee 2022

LangeradoSoul

22 hours ago, Tea said:

Flairblair!  Flairblair! Flairblair!  Flairblair!  It’s a great day whenever you pop up!  ❤️

🎶 I’ll meet you ..

Had to share my excitement for jubilee’22…missing all you guys terribly and need to start dance away and these workin man blues!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I heard a bunch of peeps who missed a bunch of jubilees for these high schoolers in weird states who graduate this weekend will be here this year. I may be in a bottom 10 educated state but we are smart enough to not graduate people on a 3 day weekend. I’d say we have better education based on the fact we don’t ruin holiday weekends with something as dumb as a ceremony for graduating high school. Like what else would you do at 17 besides showing up for school. We didn’t have middle school graduation but now they have that nonsense too. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2021 at 11:42 PM, Rude said:

I heard a bunch of peeps who missed a bunch of jubilees for these high schoolers in weird states who graduate this weekend will be here this year. I may be in a bottom 10 educated state but we are smart enough to not graduate people on a 3 day weekend. I’d say we have better education based on the fact we don’t ruin holiday weekends with something as dumb as a ceremony for graduating high school. Like what else would you do at 17 besides showing up for school. We didn’t have middle school graduation but now they have that nonsense too. 

Well....not so fast.

I live in KY, right outside Lexington. Last year the schools delayed announcing when graduation would be, so I purchased tickets to Dark Star Jubilation. A few weeks prior to the event, the schools decided graduation would be on the same weekend. I had the same thought: who in their right mind would schedule a graduation on a three day weekend?

Well, they did. and my wonderful son was graduating. So I did what any loving father would do. I did both! Woke up around 3 am on the first night, drove like a bat out of hell, showered & changed in truck stop, and arrived early, clean, and suited up in Lexington where the ceremony was. Afterwards, celebrated with lunch and a celebration at home, and much joy was to be had.

Then I immediately jumped back in my car and made the 4 hour trek in record time and pulled back into Legend Valley, back to my tent, grabbed a couple of beers, and walked into the bowl as DSO took the stage again.

It was a whirlwind, but I did successfully manage to attend a much needed festival after covid and also celebrate my Son's awesome achievement. Win win. But yes, even in KY, graduations are planned for Memorial Day Weekend.

• Like (+1) 5

• 4 weeks later...

Last years weather was probably my least favorite in all my years attending, minus the hurricane the first year that shut down music. I mean, I can take the cold of 2013 (I happened to pack long johns by a random mistake, throwing them in my bag, and OMG it was like I won the lottery). But it was a "dry" cold for the most part, and if you danced hard or got next to a fire or warm grill, you could maintain. But last years weather sucked. The cold rain and wind was bone chilling, especially because it had been fairly warm in the weeks prior. I loved the shows, despite the pods, but lets all request some perfect weather for 2022. Lows in the 50's and highs in the upper 70s.

Its too early in the season, but I'm jonesing for some DSO and some time away already

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I loved jubilee 1. The rain started Friday and Saturday nights right as we were walking back to the tents. Only night 3 was interrupted. I had this massive old army tent with poles on the outside that made it where we didn’t even know there was wind. It weighed like 60 pounds. We brought it the cold year 2 and it started falling apart at the seams from it getting rotted out from the year before. So many tents were blown away year 1 but we weren’t. That was going to be our jubilee tent forever as it was 7’ tall inside and could handle anything. But RIP old tent. You survived WWI and WWII but not hurricane jubilee. 

year 2 was the worst weather. You couldn’t get warm. I froze my ass off. It was so cold I couldn’t sleep. My all season sleeping bag wasn’t made for winter season. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

I did t even take a tent. Just an EZ up and a chair. Our camp hardcore flooded and everything on the ground got washed away and we had to go hunt it down. We had a river running over our feet and a neighbor came by and asked why we didn’t move camp. It honestly never even crossed our mind. Lol

anyways bought DSO and JRAD tix for Newport today and jubilee too. Starting to put dates on calendars. Love to see it. ❤️

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Rude said:

I loved jubilee 1. The rain started Friday and Saturday nights right as we were walking back to the tents. Only night 3 was interrupted. I had this massive old army tent with poles on the outside that made it where we didn’t even know there was wind. It weighed like 60 pounds. We brought it the cold year 2 and it started falling apart at the seams from it getting rotted out from the year before. So many tents were blown away year 1 but we weren’t. That was going to be our jubilee tent forever as it was 7’ tall inside and could handle anything. But RIP old tent. You survived WWI and WWII but not hurricane jubilee. 

year 2 was the worst weather. You couldn’t get warm. I froze my ass off. It was so cold I couldn’t sleep. My all season sleeping bag wasn’t made for winter season. 

I loved Jubilee 1 also, don't get me wrong. In fact, the first night was great all around. Small intimate crowd, warm & sunny, great music. Some of the last shows of Cornmeal, Keller was good. The DSO show was a sweet early 80's show. But the rain that started off and on the second day was alot. I managed to get my tent covered by a huge tarp that covered a whole bunch of us, so it worked out.

The second year was great for me because I accidentally had packed thermals and didn't realize it until we got there, and so I was pretty covered.

3 hours ago, Dead duck said:

I did t even take a tent. Just an EZ up and a chair. Our camp hardcore flooded and everything on the ground got washed away and we had to go hunt it down. We had a river running over our feet and a neighbor came by and asked why we didn’t move camp. It honestly never even crossed our mind. Lol

anyways bought DSO and JRAD tix for Newport today and jubilee too. Starting to put dates on calendars. Love to see it. ❤️

Woo Hoo!

Right about now, I could use a warm sunny early summer day with a cold beer and an ez up and chair with music in the background

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Year 3 was perfect after year 1 and 2. 75 highs. 55 lows. It was weird because there was no late night party years 1 and 2. Year 3 it was a fun party all night. Year 1 was rain every night. Year 2 was crickets as everyone got in their sleeping bags to stay warm. I forget which year but some dude had a drum kit for a drum circle and he was really bad. Couldn’t keep a rhythm but overpowered everything. Jubilee is just like the world at large. There are plenty of idiots. That reminds me of the vip thievery year where dude was breaking into occupied tents stealing car keys then throwing them into the woods after he robbed their cars. 

• Forum MVP
52 minutes ago, Rude said:

Year 3 was perfect after year 1 and 2. 75 highs. 55 lows. It was weird because there was no late night party years 1 and 2. Year 3 it was a fun party all night. Year 1 was rain every night. Year 2 was crickets as everyone got in their sleeping bags to stay warm. I forget which year but some dude had a drum kit for a drum circle and he was really bad. Couldn’t keep a rhythm but overpowered everything. Jubilee is just like the world at large. There are plenty of idiots. That reminds me of the vip thievery year where dude was breaking into occupied tents stealing car keys then throwing them into the woods after he robbed their cars. 

M&M thieves runnin amuck also. We were victims.

7 hours ago, Rude said:

I remember an late night or all night party on year 1, at least night 1. One Dude was on megaphone all night by my tent. He was pretty hilarious. At one point he told everyone the “the cops are here and they are partying more than you people”

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

We camped at the end of shakedown street because I’d never been there and didn’t know where to set up. The grateful gangsta’s  next to us had drama and provided entertainment and bad vibes all weekend. Lol people would reach the end of shakedown street and walk into my camp like “what you sellin” and I was like “nuthin, just chillin here in the river” Lol

and I remember megaphone guy 🤣😆😆

• Like (+1) 1