Dark Star ->
Drums ->
Eyes Of The World ->
Wharf Rat ->
Sugar Magnolia  

Encore
Uncle John's Band

• Like (+1) 5

I'd like to give a shout out to Cotter for mastering a room made of rock. I had a chance to talk to him a little last night and he explained how challenging it was. I certainly don't have his ears, but to mine the sound was spot on. I could hear each instrument independently, crisp and clean. Thanks band and crew for two (mostly) memorable nights!

"Underground" trivia: Did anyone notice on Friday night?

Bobby McGee: “from the coal mines of Kentucky”

Brown Eyed Women: “1930 when the wall caved  in”  AND “snowed so hard that the roof caved in”

BIODTL: “down in Joe Brown’s coal mine

Peggy-O: "he's buried in the Louisiana country-o"

Jack Straw: dug for him a shallow grave"

Greatest Story: “when the wall’s caved in”

Uncle John’s: “I live in a silver mine, and I call it beggar's tomb"

That only omits:

Friend: “in a cave up in the hills”

Cumberland: “got to get down to the Cumberland mine”, etc.

Mississippi 1/2 Step: “seal that silver mine”

Black Peter: "tomorrow may be cool beneath the ground"

And who could forget? 

What’s become of the baby? “Lighting the polished ice caverns of Khan”

Can y'all come up with any other "subterranean" lyrics?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

We always make “bets” when we go to shows and pick songs just to have a little competition going between the boys and I, it was more a way to keep them interested when they were younger, but they are 23-19 and still ask, “are we gonna take bets?” Sammy took Cumberland specifically because of the mine references but didn’t get it. We were kicking ourselves all weekend for no one taking the automatic point w/Tennessee Jed

• Forum MVP

Tea called the TN Jed opener, but as an elective cause none of us could think of a show that opened with it. So right, then so wrong! 🤣😅

This show was a dancers dream. We had really good space in front of the soundboard. There were lots of people but they offered up whatever space our flailings required. Blissfully thought that first set would never end. Not many breaks throughout this show. I needed to find out how bad of shape I’d gotten in during the winter and this show gave me that information. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

Tea called the TN Jed opener, but as an elective cause none of us could think of a show that opened with it. So right, then so wrong! 🤣😅

I would have guessed no show opened with Tennessee Jed, but research uncovers that 6-29-76 Chicago also opened with it.

• Thanks (+1) 1
6 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

Besides FOTD can anyone name any GD lyric containing the word cave?

Lots of rivers, trains, and mines but only 1 cave?

That’s the only one I can find, unless you count the 3 times cave is used as a verb “caved in”, or the aforementioned reference to Coleridge’s Kubla Khan poem: “ice caverns of Khan” buried somewhere in the weirdness of What’s Become of the Baby?

33 minutes ago, John A said:

I would have guessed no show opened with Tennessee Jed, but research uncovers that 6-29-76 Chicago also opened with it.

Thanks John A. I meant to look that up. My guess was never as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

This was epic for me. Lost myself in the music and I loved the cave floor to dance on and the ambiance of the cave. I know others have posted that it was too wet for the equipment and not enough ventilation for the band. I personally loved the slightly wet smoothed and mostly flat cave dance floor. The outside venue had too much slope and uneven ground where our tickets were. I would imagine and outdoor show with no partitions would lead to the flat ground being very crowded and in my opinion loses the magnificence of the cave magic. We would of course try to go inside or outside but only inside the cave is this a must do show for me personally. And as we all know you can't make them all. Of course the band has to do what the band has to do but I will never forget the 73 I caught in the cave. Thank you DSO for bringing the magic to life.

• Like (+1) 4