Looking For 5/19/07

sgrmag2564

• Forum MVP

That show is still a, if not the, gold standard. It was an honor and a privilege to have been there. If we are known by the company we keep, I was blessed beyond measure that night.

i can’t make any promises but let me see if I can dig something up.

• Forum MVP

Wanna find a needle in a haystack?

Here is a sample link to an achived forum page

http://www.dsoforums.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11511

If you change the show topic number slightly, it will give a landing page for other archived forum pages.  Cant find anything before 1/2010 - but I know there was a Rams Head Appreciation Thread (started by Chuck) that had a link to the show.  I remember the landing page was a SoundCloud-esque page with ‘Beach’ in the title for some weird reason.  

That represents my file dump on 5/19/07 forum content.  Now I have a headache.

Ill find it…

I need the distraction.  Some real life stuff is at my doorstep…

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I revived the original review thread for the show on the occasion its 10th anniversary. A lot of good folks (many of whom don’t come around here much anymore) posted to reminisce. It really was that inspiring a show. Lisapen on Lovelight was a performance for the ages.

I will try to dig that up and also go through my CDs. They are in about the same disarray as Billy’s and TBs, I imagine.

• Forum MVP
Show Number
Show Date
2007-05-19
Venue
Ram's Head Live
City
Baltimore
State Country
MD
Set Type
Elective
Set List
Set One: 
Race Is On ; Run For the Roses ; Cassidy-> Jam-> Cassidy ; Visions Of Johanna ; Box of Rain ; Lazy Lightning-> Supplication ; So Many Roads ; When I Paint My Masterpiece ; King Solomon's Marbles-> Viola Lee Blues 

Set Two: 
Dark Star-> Dancing In The Street -> Scarlet Begonias*-> Fire On The Mountain*-> Drums*-> Space-> The Wheel-> That's It For The Other One-> Believe It Or Not-> That's It For The Other One-> Uncle John's Band -> Dark Star-> Lovelight 

Encore: 
That's What Love Will Make You Do ; We Bid You Goodnight
Show Notes
Special guest keyboardist Rob Barraco
*with Katie on Djamba

• Forum MVP

I didn’t register for the forums until 2009 but I did see the post show reviews and comments for 5/19/07.  Let’s just say the mood from those posts was exasperated giddiness and there was zero doubt that an all-timer had just dropped.  

I’m coming up empty for an online link to 5/19.  I didn’t find it amongst my CD’s but I did find some mystery thumb drives I need to explore.

Somebodys gotta have it…

On 2/22/2023 at 7:17 PM, chuckvegas said:

That show is still a, if not the, gold standard. It was an honor and a privilege to have been there. If we are known by the company we keep, I was blessed beyond measure that night.

That was a great show. Fun time with good friends!

On 2/23/2023 at 2:23 PM, DesertDead said:
Show Number
Show Date
2007-05-19
Venue
Ram's Head Live
City
Baltimore
State Country
MD
Set Type
Elective
Set List
Set One: 
Race Is On ; Run For the Roses ; Cassidy-> Jam-> Cassidy ; Visions Of Johanna ; Box of Rain ; Lazy Lightning-> Supplication ; So Many Roads ; When I Paint My Masterpiece ; King Solomon's Marbles-> Viola Lee Blues 

Set Two: 
Dark Star-> Dancing In The Street -> Scarlet Begonias*-> Fire On The Mountain*-> Drums*-> Space-> The Wheel-> That's It For The Other One-> Believe It Or Not-> That's It For The Other One-> Uncle John's Band -> Dark Star-> Lovelight 

Encore: 
That's What Love Will Make You Do ; We Bid You Goodnight
Show Notes
Special guest keyboardist Rob Barraco
*with Katie on Djamba

Wow… no wonder guys are looking for this show. I need this too