2023-08-05 @ Bears Picnic Blaine PA

Tea

• Forum MVP

Original Recipe

Set 1: How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) ; Cats Under The Stars ; Stop That Train ; Mystery Train ; I Second That Emotion ; Who Was John? ; Don't Let Go ; Tangled Up In Blue 

Set 2: The Way You Do the Things You Do ; Rubin And Cherise ; Mission In The Rain ; That's What Love Will Make You Do ; Strange Man ; My Sisters And Brothers ; The Harder They Come ; Stir It Up ; Lonesome and A Long Way From Home > Tore Up Over You 

Encore: Midnight Moonlight 

Notes: JGB Elective. Rob Koritz on drums. Rob Eaton out on medical leave.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Awesome setlist, awesome venue, DSO doing JGB was a nice treat.  Each song was jammed out pretty hard.  So many highlights.  Mission was flawless.  They said Rob E. had to get off his feet for a bad sciatica.  If DSO decides to come back and headline this festival again (2 nights) it's a no brainer.  My first time there and it was pretty pretty good.  If you look up chill in the dictionary there should be a picture of this place.  Huge wooded area for camping.  A creek/stream ran right through the properly, people were in the creek the whole time on inflatables jamming to the music, many hammocks abound, the preferred thing to do was catch a nap at some point during the day.  Music on Friday 2:30p-4:00a and music on Sat. from noon-4:00a.  They also had early bird shows Thurs night.  Just impressed with the vibe, the bands, everything.  Didn't see one security guard or cop all weekend, soo many vendors selling food, cloths, and pretty much anything you can think of.  The best part about it was it's BYOB.  As much as I like paying $22 a beer at places like the Peach festival for One beer, this is a breath of fresh air.  Place was literally out in the middle of nowhere.  Back roads for a while, just fields, mountains, and rivers then the venue.  There's something about a DSO show that is smack dab in the middle of mother nature.  I saw how DSO just threw a stage up out in Jackson Hole and rocked out on the edge of a mountain.  This kinda had the same vibe even though we were down in a valley.  Kudos to the band for making it an awesome weekend.  

dso22.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
12 hours ago, Billy DeLyon said:

Awesome setlist, awesome venue, DSO doing JGB was a nice treat.  Each song was jammed out pretty hard.  So many highlights.  Mission was flawless.  They said Rob E. had to get off his feet for a bad sciatica.  If DSO decides to come back and headline this festival again (2 nights) it's a no brainer.  My first time there and it was pretty pretty good.  If you look up chill in the dictionary there should be a picture of this place.  Huge wooded area for camping.  A creek/stream ran right through the properly, people were in the creek the whole time on inflatables jamming to the music, many hammocks abound, the preferred thing to do was catch a nap at some point during the day.  Music on Friday 2:30p-4:00a and music on Sat. from noon-4:00a.  They also had early bird shows Thurs night.  Just impressed with the vibe, the bands, everything.  Didn't see one security guard or cop all weekend, soo many vendors selling food, cloths, and pretty much anything you can think of.  The best part about it was it's BYOB.  As much as I like paying $22 a beer at places like the Peach festival for One beer, this is a breath of fresh air.  Place was literally out in the middle of nowhere.  Back roads for a while, just fields, mountains, and rivers then the venue.  There's something about a DSO show that is smack dab in the middle of mother nature.  I saw how DSO just threw a stage up out in Jackson Hole and rocked out on the edge of a mountain.  This kinda had the same vibe even though we were down in a valley.  Kudos to the band for making it an awesome weekend.  

dso22.png

My first Bears too, and I was blown away.  This festival is all chill, no worries, and lots of naps.  We had a blast, and we'll be back.  We hope Rob Eaton is OK, but OMG, we had a wonderful time.  Plenty of smiles and lots of great folks.

• Thanks (+1) 1

So yeah a SWARM of bugs attacked the stage after Second That Emotion, I think. Some kind of beetle, June bug, I'm guessing? Never saw that at a show before. As everyone said: killer stuff tonight especially Tangled Up, That's What Love and Tore Up in my opinion. I mean, they ripped

And yet another first timer here. Great place to have a fest. Highly recommended. Although I wish they hadn't crammed us all in that big open field in GA. We brought wood for a campfire but didn't use it due to the proximity of the nearby cars, canopies, tents, etc. However Michelle and Stevie came through with their fire ring by the stream so that worked out. As did the lady from Arizona whose car we jumped (never caught your name!). Well, we youtubed how to jump it lol. I'm still in shock that some new hybrids can jumpstart themselves (wish mine could). So many vendors. On site local ice cream. Very chill atmosphere. Oh, catch Organ Fairchild when you can. Those guys know what they're doing!

• Forum MVP

Sweet. Jerry band shows are great. I think me Gr8tfulpair and Doc were the only ones who got that Jerry band run in like 2018 down south when Eaton missed around 5 shows. Those were some epic 3 set shows. Those set 3’s were unlike anything dso had ever done bringing out a percussion kit and playing completely different than they had ever done. 

glad a bunch of you got the goods!!

17 hours ago, DaysBetween said:

So yeah a SWARM of bugs attacked the stage after Second That Emotion, I think. Some kind of beetle, June bug, I'm guessing? Never saw that at a show before. As everyone said: killer stuff tonight especially Tangled Up, That's What Love and Tore Up in my opinion. I mean, they ripped

And yet another first timer here. Great place to have a fest. Highly recommended. Although I wish they hadn't crammed us all in that big open field in GA. We brought wood for a campfire but didn't use it due to the proximity of the nearby cars, canopies, tents, etc. However Michelle and Stevie came through with their fire ring by the stream so that worked out. As did the lady from Arizona whose car we jumped (never caught your name!). Well, we youtubed how to jump it lol. I'm still in shock that some new hybrids can jumpstart themselves (wish mine could). So many vendors. On site local ice cream. Very chill atmosphere. Oh, catch Organ Fairchild when you can. Those guys know what they're doing!

how did i miss you buddy?

• Forum MVP
On 8/12/2023 at 3:12 PM, PoetryGirl said:

Who filled in on rhythm guitar? How many shows did Eaton miss? 

no rhythm guitar on JGB stows. 

On 8/12/2023 at 4:24 PM, PoetryGirl said:

I still love so the Let Me Roll It we heard in Charleston that tour!  And still hate I miss the Moonlight Mile in Birmingham. 

that moonlight mile was a pretty epic and a 1st time played. I was in a walking boot for that run but we were grinning ear to ear the whole time. It’s always fun when you decide to add unplanned shows on a tour and we added that Augusta show in the hood at the end. My fav picture is meili next to a burned down car outside that venue. They brought a security outside to make sure cars weren’t broken into and highly recommended we paid $10 to park inside their barbed wire fence. A block away from the venue people were staring us down. It made the electric factory feel like a nice gated community. 

On 8/12/2023 at 4:12 PM, PoetryGirl said:

Who filled in on rhythm guitar? How many shows did Eaton miss? 

Like Rude said no rythem guitar that night for JGB, but the night before they played a full on Dead show and Tom Circosta filled in for Rob E.  I thought he did an admirable job.  Tom was a Zen Trickster and played with Jeff and I think Rob B too.  Pretty sure Rob E. was back at it the next show.  

Dark Star Orchestra 8-4-23 Weather Report - YouTube

• Like (+1) 1