Favorite Gd Cover?

Starhead420

Now we all know the Grateful Dead have countless original songs, that range from the most spiritual ballads, to the funkiest of groovin tunes! However I want to know which song they covered and turned into "one of their own" is your favorite?? I know it's tough to try and narrow it down to one, but give it a shot.....

I think I am going to go with.............. Samson and Delilah!!

Now we all know the Grateful Dead have countless original songs, that range from the most spiritual ballads, to the funkiest of groovin tunes! However I want to know which song they covered and turned into "one of their own" is your favorite?? I know it's tough to try and narrow it down to one, but give it a shot.....

I think I am going to go with.............. Samson and Delilah!!

Sing Me Back Home!! Although I'm not a big fan of only getting to pick one. I'll keep my 1A a secret but it will thrown out by someone in the next 3 posts.

It is amazing how many covers I just consider Dead songs. I know they aren't, it's just they took some songs and made them their own.

• Forum MVP

The judge decreed it, the clerk he wrote it.

Clerk he wrote it down indeed- E

Judge decreed it, clerk he wrote it down

Give you this jail sentence, you'll be Nashville bound.

I kinda like this one also.......

Where have all the people gone my honey,

Where have all the people gone today?

There's no need for you to be worrying about all those people,

You never see those people anyway.

I still worry though.....hope everyone is doing ok. :)

• Forum MVP

The judge decreed it, the clerk he wrote it.

Clerk he wrote it down indeed- E

Judge decreed it, clerk he wrote it down

Give you this jail sentence, you'll be Nashville bound.

I kinda like this one also.......

Where have all the people gone my honey,

Where have all the people gone today?

There's no need for you to be worrying about all those people,

You never see those people anyway.

I still worry though.....hope everyone is doing ok. :)

These, along with "Hurts me too"

Ok 1A was Morning Dew and I was off by 1. It took 4 posts to get there. I see Desolation Row made the list and it is one of my favorites. Love the 1990 Knickerbocker Arena version. Just the way Bobby says "The circus is in town" gives me goosebumps everytime.

There are the songs that got played over and over again and then the ones that just got played a few times. Lovelight is the ultimate over and over cover, especially the Pigpen versions. Lately I have been addicted to Pigpen Lovelights.

On the played only a few times my favorites are Visions of Johanna and California Earthquake. Sorry I cheated about just one song but I couldn't help it.

• Forum MVP

The GD added their indelible stamp to this one Buddy Holly tune and have pretty much made it their own for a lot of us, I believe...

...has got to be real

And good one on the "album cover!" That one gets my vote, too!

• Forum MVP

no beatles?

i'll start DAYTRIPPER!

Oops on the blank previous post...

Was trying to respond to Beatles theme...

Like how they were doing "Rain" in those last years...

The Rain>Eyes to open 2nd set in Eugene '94 after it starting POURING during the set break was a real GD peak experience for me....

lol. I was about to answer the wrong question. What is your favorite "album cover" ....and decided to follow through

1973_GratefulDead_WakeFlood.jpg

Back on topic my favorites are (Yes Beatles): Lucy in the Sky w/ Diamonds

From JBG: Tangled up in Blue and Dear Prudence

I like The Weight. As for album cover...I like the dancing terrapins.

Peace,

joe

• Advisory Board

On the played only a few times my favorites are Visions of Johanna and California Earthquake. Sorry I cheated about just one song but I couldn't help it.

BINGO!!! Two of my all time favorites!! California Earthquake was only played twice... Think Visions was only played a handfull of times, and my other fav is Believe it or Not... only played 7 times....

Archived